From 11 Jun 2020 to 10 Jul 2020
07 Jul 2020
- 08:57 BornAgain Configuration #2465 (Resolved): CMake: more standard find modules for fftw3 and tiff
- Done in https://github.com/scgmlz/BornAgain/pull/984
- 08:55 BornAgain Refactoring #2466 (Resolved): Use full paths in #include directives
- Done in https://github.com/scgmlz/BornAgain/pull/998
- 08:54 BornAgain Refactoring #2473 (Resolved): Put all tests under CTest control
- Done in commit 64f203, PR https://github.com/scgmlz/BornAgain/pull/997
02 Jul 2020
- 16:15 BornAgain Refactoring #2474 (Sprint): simplify the functional test machinery
- two intercalated factories .. pretty sure this can be made simpler
- 11:39 BornAgain Documentation #2392 (Resolved): Provide Doxygen class comments for recently added classes
- After today's PRs, good enough. Remaining comments will be added along with code review & revision.
- 07:18 BornAgain Refactoring #2473 (Resolved): Put all tests under CTest control
- Enforcing unit test runs after each compilation costs time, and feels patronizing.
It floods the screen with irrelev...
- 06:54 BornAgain Refactoring #2472 (Sprint): Disambiguate INamed: class name or object name
- From the start, there has been a disambiguate about the semantics of INamed: is it a class name or object name? This ...
01 Jul 2020
- 19:09 BornAgain Refactoring #2471 (Sprint): Revise particle rotation axis (at bottom vs through center)
- In FFFullSphere, there is a special switch to move the rotation axis from bottom to center, for use in SAS. This look...
30 Jun 2020
- 17:12 BornAgain Configuration #2470 (New): link GSL dynamically under Windows
- currently statically linked because of some difficulty in the early days
29 Jun 2020
- 10:07 BornAgain Bug #2416: Polarization: Fix treatment of imperfect analyzers
- After a first discussion with Artur, he wasn't happy with this operator at all.
He also pointed me to https://doi.or...
- 10:03 BornAgain Feature #2417: Handling z-component of magnetic field
- The z-component is mostly irrelevant for reflectometry, according to Artur.
For this reasons we should in first inst...
- 07:54 BornAgain Refactoring #1766 (Sprint): Replace all form factors in sample creation by shapes
- Whether we call the form factors or shapes, is of secondary importance. The key point is to avoid duplication of clas...
26 Jun 2020
- 18:44 BornAgain Refactoring #1476 (Rejected): Revise installation directory structure under Linux
- Seems obsolete. Anyway, current solution under Linux is good enough. Start fresh item if there are still problems or ...
- 16:43 BornAgain Feature #1950 (Rejected): Investigate hdf5 as default format for BornAgain data files
- questionable trade off, and not a priority for any foreseeable future
- 16:38 BornAgain Refactoring #1990 (Sprint): Remove duplicate type definitions in BornAgainNamespace.h and item_co...
- we'll remove type definitions for good, http://apps.jcns.fz-juelich.de/redmine/issues/2457
- 16:31 BornAgain Documentation #2385 (Resolved): Doxygen > User API > group Simulation: too crowded, break into su...
- Resolved in https://github.com/scgmlz/BornAgain/pull/986
- 10:02 BornAgain Documentation #2385 (Sprint): Doxygen > User API > group Simulation: too crowded, break into subg...
- 09:52 BornAgain Documentation #1135 (Resolved): Manual: describe core shell particles
- described in https://www.bornagainproject.org/documentation/examples/complex-shapes/core-shell-nanoparticles/
- 08:50 BornAgain Bug #2034 (Rejected): Formfactor Icosahedron crosses interface boundary
- cannot reproduce
25 Jun 2020
- 19:28 BornAgain Documentation #2459 (Resolved): Update and reorganize Doxyfiles
- Resolved in https://github.com/scgmlz/BornAgain/pull/985
- 16:57 BornAgain Documentation #2459 (Sprint): Update and reorganize Doxyfiles
- 16:57 BornAgain Refactoring #2457 (Sprint): Facilitate sample model API changes
- 16:56 BornAgain Refactoring #2466 (Sprint): Use full paths in #include directives
- 16:27 BornAgain Feature #2467: PythonAPI & documentation: improve use of keyword arguments
- To be done along with #2468, #2469. Or earlier.
- 15:43 BornAgain Feature #2467 (New): PythonAPI & documentation: improve use of keyword arguments
- from notes by Thomas Rod:
The documentation does not show how to use keyword variables, which usually is very good...
- 16:27 BornAgain Feature #2468: PythonAPI: improve options for units
- API breaking, therefore scheduled for 2.0
- 15:45 BornAgain Feature #2468 (New): PythonAPI: improve options for units
- From Thomas' notes on making the API more pythonic:
plot_simulation_result should have a different options for uni...
- 16:26 BornAgain Feature #2469: PythonAPI: make 'result' more pythonic
- API breaking, therefore scheduled for 2.0
- 15:47 BornAgain Feature #2469 (New): PythonAPI: make 'result' more pythonic
- From notes by Thomas Rod:
'result' seems to some kind of swig object rather than just a python object. This seems ...
- 16:17 BornAgain Feature #2164: Import edf format for scattering data
- Script from Juan:...
- 15:47 BornAgain Feature #2444 (Rejected): Provide a nice-to-have list toward more pythonic BornAgain PythonAPI
- Replaced by issues #2467, #2468, #2469
24 Jun 2020
- 18:59 BornAgain Refactoring #1065 (Rejected): Revise particle form factors: change names, add few form factors, c...
- Replaced by http://apps.jcns.fz-juelich.de/redmine/issues/1569
- 18:58 BornAgain Refactoring #1569: rename hard particle form factors
- Replaces http://apps.jcns.fz-juelich.de/redmine/issues/1065
- 18:54 BornAgain Refactoring #1887 (Rejected): Switch to new signal/slot mechanism in Qt (since c++11)
- GUI problems are now attached through partial rewriting instead of refactoring.
- 18:52 BornAgain Refactoring #1731 (Rejected): Reduce number of TODOs in code
- Not an issue to be worked against. Should rather be perpetually in the mind of all developers: when you touch code wi...
- 18:40 BornAgain Documentation #1414 (Rejected): regenerate form factor images in manual
- 18:37 BornAgain Feature #1915 (Rejected): Warning while loading certain tiff file
- He has a corrupt TIFF file, tifflib prints a warning. So what?
- 18:32 BornAgain Documentation #2158 (Resolved): Extend website with nightly builds to accomodate for early testers
- If I understand correctly, this is about functionality that is provided by GH Actions.
- 18:29 BornAgain Refactoring #2052 (Resolved): Consider switching to C++17
- Yes, move to C++17 was decided after release 1.17.
- 18:28 BornAgain Refactoring #2052 (Sprint): Consider switching to C++17
- 18:24 BornAgain Documentation #2088 (Rejected): Website: remove links to external css
- obsolete after move to Hugo
- 18:19 BornAgain Bug #2152 (Sprint): Project build fail if OpenGL is not accessible
- 18:17 BornAgain Feature #2302 (Rejected): Provide form factor for hexagon-based twisted pyramid
- Can be implemented on short notice hould the need ever arise again
- 18:16 BornAgain Documentation #2250 (Resolved): Fix doxygen documentation
- problem is gone, somehow
- 18:07 BornAgain Documentation #840 (Long Term Idea): Create movie with first GUI tutorial
- 15:42 BornAgain Documentation #1638 (Rejected): Manual: Improve / restore side bar navigation
- obsoleted by migration to Hugo
- 15:40 BornAgain Documentation #976 (Resolved): Derive scalar and polarized wave equation for both X-rays and neut...
- Reference paper makes the formalism as compact as possible. For more detailed investigations, it turns out that it is...
- 15:32 BornAgain Feature #726 (Sprint): Provide numerically stable calculation of R,T coefficients for magnetic case
- 15:31 BornAgain Feature #1920 (Resolved): Adapt BornAgain GUI for 4k displays
- Resolved in 1.17
- 15:31 BornAgain Feature #1920 (Sprint): Adapt BornAgain GUI for 4k displays
- 15:25 BornAgain Feature #2274 (Long Term Idea): Investigate swig replacement
- 15:24 BornAgain Refactoring #2376 (Long Term Idea): Look for an alternative to root minimizers
- 15:23 BornAgain Refactoring #2343 (Rejected): Improve performance in reflectometry engine
- duplication of #2336
- 15:22 BornAgain Refactoring #2343 (Sprint): Improve performance in reflectometry engine
- 15:17 BornAgain Feature #2336 (Resolved): Make reflectometry computation as fast as in Refnx
- The fundamental problem with n log n from the bijection is solved by Randolf's new algorithm. Everything else will be...
- 15:16 BornAgain Feature #2336 (Sprint): Make reflectometry computation as fast as in Refnx
- 14:38 BornAgain Feature #2451 (Rejected): Provide Windows installer generation in Appveyor builds
- Windows build now under GH Actions cloud service.
- 14:37 BornAgain Feature #2452 (Rejected): Provide MacOS installer generation in Travis builds
- MacOS: CI running on GH ACtions cloud service; release build still on our Mac Mini.
- 14:35 BornAgain Feature #2453 (Rejected): Provide a tarball generation in Travis builds
- Travis has been replaced by GitHub Actions cloud service.
- 14:34 BornAgain Feature #2435 (Resolved): Investigate GitHub action system.
- Since 1.17, CI runs under GH Actions.
- 14:33 BornAgain Feature #2435 (Sprint): Investigate GitHub action system.
23 Jun 2020
- 15:55 BornAgain Refactoring #2466 (Resolved): Use full paths in #include directives
- Instead of...
22 Jun 2020
- 13:40 BornAgain Configuration #2465 (Resolved): CMake: more standard find modules for fftw3 and tiff
- need explained in https://jugit.fz-juelich.de/mlz/intern/ba-intern/-/blob/master/release/local-win-vcpkg.md
18 Jun 2020
17 Jun 2020
- 12:57 BornAgain Bug #2409 (Backlog): GUI: "save image" button from 3D viewer creates psychodelic images
- 12:57 BornAgain Refactoring #2410 (Backlog): Speeding up computations on samples with a large number of layers
- 12:57 BornAgain Documentation #2429 (Backlog): Website: add Hugo option to mark tutorials with "Available in Rele...
- 12:56 BornAgain Feature #2438 (Resolved): Website: rename "python scripts" and "tutorial examples" menu entries.
- Replaced "cookbook" -> examples, the rest remains.
- 12:56 BornAgain Feature #2447 (Resolved): Update eigen3 submodule URL
- 12:55 BornAgain Feature #2447 (Sprint): Update eigen3 submodule URL
- 12:24 BornAgain Feature #2463 (Resolved): Update macmini to High Sierra and provide BornAgain build
16 Jun 2020
- 09:36 BornAgain Configuration #2460: Split repository into Fit, Core, GUI
- Examples of projects that have a similar subproject structure:
15 Jun 2020
- 15:50 BornAgain Refactoring #2434 (Rejected): Update file header everywhere
- 15:03 BornAgain Feature #2464 (New): provide artwork (blue 3d view and grey 2d cuts) for CantellatedCube
- 13:16 BornAgain Configuration #2460 (Long Term Idea): Split repository into Fit, Core, GUI
- 13:15 BornAgain Configuration #2458 (Rejected): Move to Jugit, gitlab-ci, scgbuild, local Windows
- Thanks for your feedback. And thanks for finally getting rid of the Appveyor bottleneck. So let us gain some experien...
- 12:14 BornAgain Configuration #2458: Move to Jugit, gitlab-ci, scgbuild, local Windows
- In this issue you[Joachim] rise 3 different and, to my opinion, independent problems:
# Slow CI
# Change from mon...
Also available in: Atom