|Status:||Backlog||Start date:||26 Jul 2016|
- FullSphere -> Sphere
- FullSpheroid -> Spheroid
- Cone -> ConicalFrustum # if it hasn't an apex, it isn't a come
- AnisoPyramid -> Frustum2
- Tetrahedron -> Frustum3 # tetra hedron = four sides, this one has five sides
- Pyramid -> Frustum4
- Cone6 -> Frustum6
- Box -> Prism2
- Ripple1 -> Sinewave
- Ripple2 -> Sawtooth
- TruncatedCube -> FacettedCube # everywhere else, we use "Truncated" for horizontal cuts
- Cuboctahedron -> BiFrustum4 # plain wrong in legacy
- Prism4 (square base)
- Cuboctahedron: uses H differently from all other classes; dimensionless number must not be named 'r'.
- Ripple2: asymmetry parameter ought to be dimensionless
- various ellipsoid classes: consider use of R_c, do not expose H, use dimension number to describe truncation
- FacettedCube: use dimension number to describe truncation
#13 Updated by pospelov about 3 years ago
I suggest to rename really few most unpleasant names already this sprint and not return back to renaming question until the release 3 to not to screw up project file back compatibility, again.
My personal choice would be
Ripple1 -> CosineRipple
Ripple2 -> TriangularRipple
The rest can wait, to my opinion.