Manual: describe multi layers
|Status:||Backlog||Start date:||20 Jul 2015|
Some users experiencing problems with our naming conventions related to layers.
Simple tutorial is necessary, which will explain
- one layer systems, infinite in all directions, Born Approximation
- two layers system, layers are semi-infinite in z, bottom is what we call substrate, top is what we call air layer. DWBA.
- 3 and more layer system, where thickness should be defined for all intermediate layers
- order of adding of layers to multi layers, from top to bottom
- may be the idea of copying (changing of layer's parameters is not possible after the layer was added to the multi layer)
- interfaces with roughness, multi layer cross correlation roughness
- Target version set to Sprint 29
- Status changed from Backlog to Sprint
- Target version changed from Sprint 29 to Sprint 30
- Status changed from Sprint to Backlog
- Target version deleted (
- Subject changed from Drupal: describe multi layers to Manual: describe multi layers
- Parent task changed from #861 to #1606
- Assignee set to wuttke
- % Done changed from 0 to 30
Basic reference comes with manual 1.7-1.
- Parent task changed from #1606 to #966
- Assignee deleted (
will come back to it later
- Priority changed from Normal to High
- Parent task deleted (
It's not just a documentation problem. If users have recurrent difficulties, then this hints at counterintuitive choices in our API.
- Related to Feature #2367: GUI: Sample builder: "Layers" section incorrectly suggests choice between "MultiLayer" and "Layer" added
- Related to Documentation #983: Physics manual: add chapter on beam propagation in stratified samples added
Also available in: Atom