Envelope task #424: === PythonAPI ===
Investigate status of Py++
|Status:||Resolved||Start date:||02 Feb 2016|
The problem: Py++ is almost orphaned, and slowly getting outdated. For instance, the C++ code it generates contains auto_ptr, which are deprecated.
The first thing to do: investigate state of affairs and write a small report.
- History of Py++; to what extent is it still maintained; are there forks alive?
- What limitations did Py++ impose from the onset?
- What would need to be done to enable Py++ for C++11 / for Python3?
- What is the status of the underlying Boost::Python; is it actively developed / maintained?
- Are the alternative approaches to wrapping C++ in Python?