Feature #964: === GUI ===
GUI: Make real time simulation aware of current zoom level to speed up the performance
|Status:||Rejected||Start date:||05 Feb 2016|
|Target version:||Sprint 31|
The idea is the following:
- User is in Real Time Activity mode tuning parameters. Simulation, naturally, runs in the background.
- Currently, when user zooms in and continues to tune parameters, the simulation still calculates whole image, while only the part of it is shown.
- It is relatively easy to apply detector masking on the fly, depending on current zoom level.
- Then simulation will run much faster for zoomed IntensityData.
This can be very convenient for the user (no need to reconfigure the detector to give a fast try), and it is also a good selling point during presentations.There is only one problem:
- It is parameter tuning which triggers simulation.
- How to re-simulate when zoom out to see original image?
#4 Updated by herck almost 4 years ago
- Status changed from Sprint to Rejected
Currently rejected for the following reason:
-After the zoom in and tune parameters, the user may want to zoom out to the full/original size without recalculating.
If we really want to do some optimizations there, we have to be very careful about user expectations/UX.