Feature #861: === Website & Examples ===
update to Drupal 8
|Status:||Rejected||Start date:||03 Jun 2016|
especially if we want to use RESTful service to automatize update of Python example scripts, #1437
#1 Updated by pospelov over 3 years ago
Suggested order of upgrade:
- Install drupal locally
- with Bitnami Drupal stack https://bitnami.com/stack/drupal/installer it is very easy to get full configured installation on your linux/mac/win desktop.
- Copy bornagainproject.org to your local drupal
- Make upgrade to drupal 8
- Migrate upgraded bornagain back to app server (parallel to drupal7)
- Make a switch for the user
Also we can combine this with app server upgrade to CentOS6.
#3 Updated by wuttke almost 3 years ago
- Status changed from New to Rejected
Not clear whether Drupal 8 is mature enough and worth the move.
Anyway, this upgrade is not an aim in itself, but should only be undertaken if it is determined to be the right solution for the various problems we have with Drupal 7.