Feature #964: === GUI ===
GUI: Unify WarningSignWidget usage across the whole project
|Status:||Resolved||Start date:||01 Jul 2016|
|Target version:||Sprint 33|
We use WarningSignWidget (small yellow triangle) in different widgets under similar scenarios, but having lots of duplicated code doing the same.
- Split WarningSignWidget on two parts: widget itself and its controller.
- Use OverlayLabel and OverlayLabelCotroller as an example
- Introduce animation to stress it's reappearance (important in the context of FitActivityPanel)
- Introduce possibility to set custom title (Houston we have problem), label (Job has failed), and warning body.
- Think how to treat huge warning messages (i.e. in case of the fitting).
- Should it be some custom QPlainTextEdit instead of QMessageBox?
- Switch all widgets to it
Additional bug discovered
- When put Interference2DItem on graphics scene, a warning sign appears on PyScriptWidget, and never disappears again.
ParameterizedItem::getRegisteredProperty() -> Error. Unknown property 'Cross Correlation Length', item 'Interference2DLattice'
- Replace "Houston we have a problem" with something.
- Make WarningSign appearing on RealTimeWindow, if job is failing from the very beginning (i.e. if no parameter tuning was involved yet)
E.g., in the case of the following workflow:
1) User has RealTimeView active.
2) Then he constructs bad sample (i.e. ParticleDistribution with large sigma, producing negative values)
3) User runs simulation -> the view switched to RealTimeView -> user sees blue color map, no warning sign.
4) Since job selector is closed, and yellow progress bar is not seen, it is not clear that job has failed.