Feature #964: === GUI ===
rm intermediate directory 'coregui'
|Status:||Rejected||Start date:||26 Jul 2016|
Currently, GUI/ contains only a few small directories, plus coregui/, which in turn contains the more important directory. This leads to longer path names than needed. Just move all contents of GUI/coregui/ to GUI/, merge the two CMakeList.txt, and rmdir coregui.
#1 Updated by pospelov almost 4 years ago
- GUI/coregui directory contains everything to build a shared library libBornAgainGUI.
it is used for unit testing, and for an executable
- GUI/main contains our BornAgain's executable
- GUI/thirdparty is a place to collect third party's GUI code (as static libraries)
In the future we might need to split GUI/coregui on bigger amount of libraries (i.e. models/views). Also might happen that we will have more top-level directories in GUI, for example
- GUI/crashhandler - a standalone GUI executable which sends reports to us
- GUI/plugins - a machinery to extend GUI's functionality with some plugin system
But for the moment, I think, no need to move content of coregui up.