|Status:||Resolved||Start date:||03 Aug 2016|
|Target version:||Sprint 33|
Request from Dominique Dresen:
Print / Retrieve All Possible Fitting Parameters, including Beam Properties.
Within this item:
After having initialized a sample and beam I would like to print out all fittable parameters in a readable way. The printParameters method of a GISASSimulation (inherited from IParamterized) does this by calling the print method of the ParameterPool class but it's hardly readable. For my purpose I removed the if clause which makes the print only write in seperate lines if the number of parameters is >= 12, otherwise it is all crammed into a single line. Is there some reason to have it this way?
- beautify output of printParameters
- introduce method getParameterTreeMap returning ordered map
- learn which python container is the best match, and provide automatic conversion into it
- std output generated by IParameterized::printParameters doesn't appear in ipython notebook
- all std::cout usage in BornAgain should be revised and replaced with functions returning std::string
- Rename ISample::to_str to ISample::sampleTreeToString
- replace IParameterized::printParameters with ::parametersToString.
- Modify SampleParameterIntro example accordingly.