Revise ParameterDistribution constructors and exceptions
|Status:||Resolved||Start date:||01 Feb 2017|
|Target version:||Sprint 33|
This is about ParticleDistribution and its setup with ParameterDistribution in domain/python/gui.
Problem No. 1¶Currently ParameterDistribution has two constructors
- to set the range via xmin, xmax
- to set the range via SigmaFactor and RealLimits
It is quite confusing, and it is not documented.Can we get rid of one of constructors for the sake of clarity?
- Revise user example and explain at least in comments to Python code
Problem No. 2¶
- In GUI there is no way to select neither xmin, xmax not RealLimits
- This cause simulation failure, if parameter distribution produces negative value.
- Exception is caught, but explanation of what had happened, is absent (except our Houston we have a problem)
- After solving problem No. 1, implement limits in GUI.
Problem No. 3¶
- Currently xmin, xmax, RealLimits, SigmaFactor are excluded from fittable parameters.
- Should it stay like that? We can easily fit them, if necessary.