Core API: review IHistogram class family
|Status:||Backlog||Start date:||06 Dec 2017|
Currently IHistogram class contains methods like getXaxis(), getYaxis(), getYmin(), getYmax(), etc., which imply its being two-dimensional. They should adhere to Histogram2D, while IHistogram should be a common interface for Histogram1D and Histogram2D
#1 Updated by pospelov over 2 years ago
- Subject changed from Remove dependency on dimensions from IHistogram class to Revise IHistogram class family
- Status changed from New to Backlog
Possible improvements (to be discussed):
- Remove dependency on dimensions from IHistogram class
- Provide a way to sum-up two histograms with weights
- Provide a way to project along one of the axis by summing whole content along the other axis.
- Provide a way to add numpy array to histogram content with given weight.
- Revise IHistogram return type in Python context
Python doesn't have dynamic_cast, so construction like real_data = ba.Histogram2D.dynamicCast(real_data) is required to access Histogram2D methods
See FitAlongSlices.py example
- Revise all static methods in IHistogram class
- Remove all 'get' and 'set' prefixes