In python examples, enforce color coding of our choice
|Status:||Sprint||Start date:||10 May 2019|
When running examples on my machine, 2D plots use a blue-green-yellow scale, whereas the web site has a rainbow scale.
(1) Source distribution and web site should use the same scale.
(2) The scale should be of our choice, and not be left to the fancy of matplotlib maintainers.
My system is Debian testing=buster, python3-matplotlib 3.0.2.
After several discussions, current decision is to do three things:
- Generalize the Python plotting API by passing kwargs (#2361).
- In the documentation, inform users how to overwrite or override MatPotLib defaults.
- Agree on our preferred color map, and regenerate all images for the web docs.