CMake is not able to find right Python version when there is a Python2 and Python3 on the system
|Status:||Archived||Start date:||01 Oct 2014|
|Target version:||Sprint 24|
It's getting really annoying.
CMake still keeps failing to find correct Python on some systems. Recipe which work on one configuration fails on another.
The variety of Python configurations we can meet is enormous.
- CMake can find the correct version of the interpreter, but match it with wrong Python library.
- CMake can find correct interpreter, correct library, but match them with wrong Python include directory.
- CMake fails to find matched interpreter and libraries even when there is the only one Python installation on the system. Because it makes an error in deducing the library version number.
- If there is Python 2.6 and 2.7, it can keep claiming that only Python 2.6 is on the system, which is lower than requested.
- Recepy with cmake 2.8 doesn't work with cmake 3.0