From 31 Jan 2015 to 01 Mar 2015
24 Feb 2015
21 Feb 2015
- 13:23 Documentation #991 (Rejected): Revise and reintegrate chapter on particle distributions
- 13:21 Documentation #984 (Resolved): Restructure chapter 3 and appendices A,B
- Brutally done. Work continues with #989: proof-reading and repair.
20 Feb 2015
- 14:54 Documentation #986: Add (uncomment) short references to form factor pages
- Restored from outcommented LaTeX source. Needs careful verification.
- 11:51 Documentation #986 (Resolved): Add (uncomment) short references to form factor pages
- Currently Appendix B.
Uncomment the 'References' paragraphs in order
* to acknowledge preceding work, especially ...
- 12:21 Documentation #988 (Resolved): Reformat landscape-oriented table
- In the current theory chapter (Sect. 3.2.4), there is a table enclosed in a 'landscape' environment.
The esthetic ...
- 11:59 Documentation #987 (Rejected): Tidy up the gisas/theory directory
- Maybe some of the technical notes have become obsolete? Or could be integrated at once into the User Manual?
- 11:47 Documentation #985 (Rejected): Explain convolution sign (\otimes) in User Manual
- At least at its first occurence. (Wait with this until the new structure #984 is reasonably stable)
- 11:44 Documentation #984 (Resolved): Restructure chapter 3 and appendices A,B
- Since the User Manual is becoming a theory reference (#982), it is no longer appropriate to relegate all mathematics ...
- 11:26 Feature #726: Polarized: Provide numerically stable calculation of R,T coefficients for magnetic ...
- Derive polarized wave equation for neutrons and X-rays (#976).
- Extend SpecularReflectivity note ...
- 11:24 Documentation #983 (In Progress): Physics manual: add chapter on beam propagation in stratified s...
- The note from gisas/theory/SpecularReflectivity/ should become a chapter or a section in the offline PDF reference.
- 11:04 Documentation #982 (Rejected): Choose better name for "User Manual"
- According to our latest discussions and decisions, the information you typically expect from a user manual shall be p...
- 10:57 Documentation #369 (Rejected): UserManual campaign
- Replaced by #966: Theory and offline reference.
- 10:56 Documentation #422: Write page with BornAgain / IsGISAXS comparison
- More appropriate for online docs. Parent task changed accordingly (from UserManual to Website campaign)
- 10:53 Feature #386 (Rejected): Add extra functionality for neutron polarization
- last open subtask now mounted under 976
- 10:46 Documentation #976: Derive scalar and polarized wave equation for both X-rays and neutrons, and c...
- Derive the wave equation with and without polarization for neutrons and for electromagnetic waves, and choose a commo...
19 Feb 2015
- 17:46 Feature #981 (Backlog): GUI: Real-time activity: update refractive index when varying wavelength
- In BornAgain GUI, in a real time activity mode one can vary different parameters including the wavelength. This could...
- 16:26 Documentation #980 (Resolved): Replace section header "Experimental Setup" in form factors overvi...
- On http://www.bornagainproject.org/node/72, the section header "Experimental Setup" is inappropriate: The figure does...
- 14:31 Documentation #978 (Resolved): Make index for User Manual
- Good enough to start with.
Will be further expanded as work on the manual goes on.
- 09:02 Documentation #978 (Archived): Make index for User Manual
- 10:11 Feature #979 (Archived): Add standard GNU options -v --version to command bornagain
- The command 'bornagain' (as per #973) should admit the options
-v --version print version string and exit
- 09:55 Feature #834 (Resolved): Integrate python script generation in GUI
18 Feb 2015
- 17:46 Feature #977 (Archived): Implement GUI version of LatticeBasis
- 16:42 Feature #31: Core: beam propagation: Implement x-ray polarization factor
- We should first write the corresponding theory section, as per #976.
- 16:26 Documentation #976 (Resolved): Derive scalar and polarized wave equation for both X-rays and neut...
- Right now, our User Manual is neutron centric. BornAgain claims to support GISAXS and GISANS equally well!
- 15:19 Feature #975 (Resolved): man page should be built at release time
- Right now, the man page bornagain.1 is built as part of the normal release process, provided the flag BORNAGAIN_MANPA...
- 15:09 Documentation #394 (Resolved): Write man page(s)
- Resolved in commit c4406c1.
Dirctory man contains a source bornagain.pod, from which the man page bornagain.1 is built.
- 15:08 Documentation #394 (Sprint): Write man page(s)
- 14:40 Bug #974 (Resolved): rename BORNAGAIN_MAN
- Renamed to BORNAGAIN_USERMANUAL. Long, but unambiguous.
Resolved in commit e7f32bb.
- 14:19 Bug #974 (Archived): rename BORNAGAIN_MAN
- rename BORNAGAIN_MAN to something else (what?),
to avoid confusion with Unix man page.
- 13:47 Documentation #659 (Resolved): Extend introduction of User manual
- Introduction seems adequate by now.
- 13:45 Documentation #659 (Sprint): Extend introduction of User manual
17 Feb 2015
- 23:38 Bug #968 (Resolved): Merge forked bibliography files
- Please, let's avoid this kind of fork in the future.
- 12:55 Bug #968 (Archived): Merge forked bibliography files
- For the future, we agreed to modify jw7.bib in sc-intern, and copy it to BornAgain when modified
- 23:34 Feature #973 (Archived): GUI invocation: 'BornAgain' -> 'bornagain' (Unix commands must be all lo...
- Unix commands must be all lowercase.
Hence 'bornagain' to start the GUI, not 'BornAgain'.
Todo: Modify CMake scri...
- 20:05 Feature #972: Setup and describe GUI-version as the default program, add Qt5 dependences to onlin...
- To discuss in this context: Shouldn't the GUI version become the default, and installation without GUI just a footnot...
- 19:58 Feature #972 (Archived): Setup and describe GUI-version as the default program, add Qt5 dependenc...
- As agreed in today's meeting, BornAgain-the-program should be identified with GUI version. Born-Again-the-library, wh...
- 19:35 Bug #971 (Resolved): Drupal: horizontal scrollbar hides underscore character in long lines
- See e.g.
> Build and install th...
- 19:21 Documentation #692 (Resolved): Put manual into form that is appropriate to be cited
- Since commit 2caa634, the Introduction contains a clear instruction how to cite software _and_ manual. This should be...
- 19:20 Documentation #692 (Sprint): Put manual into form that is appropriate to be cited
- 18:38 Bug #574 (Rejected): Implement check of FFTW version
- I cannot reproduce this bug. Empirically: I fully deinstalled fftw3 (the library, not only the development files), I ...
- 17:48 Feature #827 (Resolved): Forbid in-source build
- Resolved in f5f3f775f57, using the module from Frida as described in my preceding note.
- 14:50 Documentation #965 (Resolved): convert user manual to xelatex
- Resolved in 09a82c3.
Required some reordering of package includes.
Figures no longer explicitely listed in CMakeLis...
- 10:33 Documentation #965 (Archived): convert user manual to xelatex
- to avoid figure conversions
- 14:49 Bug #969 (Resolved): Let user manual version be same as software version
- Resolved in 09a82c3.
Both software and manual now get the version info from top-level file VERSION.cmake.
- 14:47 Bug #969 (Sprint): Let user manual version be same as software version
- 13:32 Bug #969 (Archived): Let user manual version be same as software version
- Starting with next release.
Version number should be automatically taken from top-level CMakeLists.txt.
- 13:17 Refactoring #960 (Sprint): GUI: refactor SampleDesigner to use UniversalPropertyEditor
- 10:10 Feature #964 (Rejected): === GUI ===
- Collection of issues related to the GUI
- 09:45 Feature #308 (Resolved): Provide limited cuda implementation for speed comparison
- For results see Rémi's report, firstname.lastname@example.org:gisas/internal_reports/2014_Stroh_CUDA.pdf
- 09:43 Feature #308 (Sprint): Provide limited cuda implementation for speed comparison
- 09:16 Documentation #394: Write man page(s)
- At least for .deb packages, it is obligatory to have a man page, albeit a minimal one.
16 Feb 2015
- 14:21 Feature #962 (Resolved): Adjust debian packaging
- Adjust debian packaging machinery to changes from libBornAgainCore/Fit to bornagain
- 13:05 Documentation #956 (Resolved): FormFactorTetrahedron: difference in equations in .cpp file and th...
- Documentation was wrong, implementation ok
13 Feb 2015
- 11:33 Documentation #956 (Sprint): FormFactorTetrahedron: difference in equations in .cpp file and the ...
12 Feb 2015
- 18:34 Refactoring #950 (Resolved): Refactor JobQueueModel to rely on standard SessionModel
- 18:17 Refactoring #960 (Archived): GUI: refactor SampleDesigner to use UniversalPropertyEditor
- UniversalPropertyEditor is the one which has to be used in all widgets.
Now it is used in JobView family. Material...
- 13:15 Feature #959 (Archived): GUI: implement saving of RealTimeView content in JobModel
- Sample and Instrument attached to JobItem should be made the part of JobModel
- 10:31 Feature #726 (Backlog): Polarized: Provide numerically stable calculation of R,T coefficients for...
- Further progress requires use of Mathematica
11 Feb 2015
- 15:18 Feature #957 (Archived): Investigate automatic generation of meaningful docstring for PythonAPI
- The goal is to provide meaningful docstring for BornAgain classes and methods
* either through boost-python machiner...
- 10:38 Bug #951 (Resolved): Unit tests failing with boost-1.57
Following user request, I have checked OpenSuse-12.3 + boost-1.57. It works. I have informed the user about possibl...
10 Feb 2015
- 14:02 Documentation #956 (Archived): FormFactorTetrahedron: difference in equations in .cpp file and th...
- In the BornAgainManual.pdf page 75, equation for the formfactor Tetrahedron contains exp(xxx/tan alpha), while in the...
09 Feb 2015
- 09:24 Documentation #952 (Archived): Mention python gdal module in the description of the load tiff dat...
- Update description of of the load tiff data example. Describe where to find and how to install the gdal (Geospatial D...
06 Feb 2015
05 Feb 2015
- 15:08 Documentation #942 (Resolved): Write release 1.0.0 news letter for extended mailing list
- 15:08 Documentation #946 (Resolved): Drupal: write how to get help and how to request a new feature in ...
- 14:40 Testing #555 (Resolved): Implement ParticleCoreShell unit test
03 Feb 2015
- 15:57 Refactoring #950 (Archived): Refactor JobQueueModel to rely on standard SessionModel
- 15:14 Documentation #949 (Resolved): Drupal: implement tracking of BornAgain downloads number in Google...
It's all already there. Full event log over all types of clicks, views, number of downloads. Nothing to configure, ...
- 14:34 Documentation #949 (Sprint): Drupal: implement tracking of BornAgain downloads number in Google A...
- 09:24 Documentation #949 (Archived): Drupal: implement tracking of BornAgain downloads number in Google...
02 Feb 2015
- 18:07 Documentation #944 (Resolved): Drupal: add small gallery on Welcome page
- 11:06 Documentation #944: Drupal: add small gallery on Welcome page
- I believe this requires a new top level menu item 'Screenshots', so the occasional site visitor immediately sees wher...
- 10:16 Documentation #944 (Archived): Drupal: add small gallery on Welcome page
- I think that we need small gallery (or set of thumbnails) on our Welcome page, to let users see screenshots of our GU...
- 11:46 Feature #588 (Rejected): Extend OutputData with data structure responsible for masking and weight...
- 11:08 Feature #726 (Sprint): Polarized: Provide numerically stable calculation of R,T coefficients for ...
- 11:05 Feature #948 (Archived): Implement new IntensityData object with improved usability
- Consider creation of new IntensityData object to replace current typedefs in PythonAPI...
- 11:03 Documentation #946: Drupal: write how to get help and how to request a new feature in FAQ section
- herck wrote:
> I think we should not overexpose users to these type of distinctions. They will receive feedback on t...
- 11:03 Documentation #946: Drupal: write how to get help and how to request a new feature in FAQ section
- I think we should overexpose users to these type of distinctions. They will receive feedback on their feature request...
- 10:26 Documentation #946 (Archived): Drupal: write how to get help and how to request a new feature in ...
- Where "how to request new feature" should make a statement about the difference between small features and long-term ...
- 10:58 Refactoring #947 (Rejected): Refactor DWBASimulation family
- Consider the following:
* Simulation class should form vectors of light weighted objects, depending on OutputData ...
- 10:19 Documentation #945 (Rejected): Drupal: add prototype of new content to represent PythonAPI items
- We have to create new "PythonAPI" content type in drupal with corresponding "class method" fields to be able to build...
- 10:11 Feature #943 (Sprint): Implement beam divergence in GUI
- 10:10 Feature #943 (Archived): Implement beam divergence in GUI
- 10:09 Testing #555 (Sprint): Implement ParticleCoreShell unit test
- 10:08 Support #577 (Sprint): Implement form factor of truncated cubes
- 10:08 Feature #698 (Sprint): Fix incompatibility between integration over bin and infinite particles
- 10:07 Feature #834 (Sprint): Integrate python script generation in GUI
- 10:06 Feature #940 (Rejected): GUI: implement export to Python script
- duplicate of #834
- 09:46 Feature #940 (Rejected): GUI: implement export to Python script
- 10:06 Documentation #942 (Archived): Write release 1.0.0 news letter for extended mailing list
- 10:03 Feature #941 (Archived): GUI: implement detector resolution function
- 10:00 Feature #883: Provide the Simulation with possibility to post process IntensityData with the dete...
This has to be done in clever way to allow other post-process algorithms to be applied to the intensity data (add c...
- 09:55 Feature #883 (Sprint): Provide the Simulation with possibility to post process IntensityData with...
- 09:53 Documentation #906 (Resolved): Update part of the user manual about SSCA approximation
- Resolved by Celine
- 09:46 Feature #895 (Sprint): GUI: implement Python script viewer in SampleView
- 09:43 Documentation #915 (Sprint): Provide poster for Galaxi control room
- 09:43 Feature #924 (Sprint): GUI: update list of saved projects
- 09:39 Feature #401 (Rejected): Code cleanup in widgetbox to get rid from private Qt headers
- Something was cleaned up already, the rest should be done only in the case of problems with forthcoming Qt versions. ...
- 09:36 Support #852 (Sprint): Make GUI available at JCNS servers
- 09:35 Feature #853 (Sprint): Provide particles with size distribution in GUI
- 09:32 Feature #937 (Sprint): Revise content and behaviour of GUI's widgetbox for standard samples
Also available in: Atom