From 30 Mar 2016 to 28 Apr 2016
28 Apr 2016
- 15:50 Refactoring #1424 (Archived): reduce verbosity of googletest output
- 12:00 Bug #1423 (Resolved): == eliminate warnings ==
- We should aim for zero warnings from the standard build process.
* From third-party C++ code => ...
- 11:29 Documentation #875 (Archived): Provide content for http://gisaxs.com
- 11:28 Documentation #875 (Resolved): Provide content for http://gisaxs.com
- 11:28 Documentation #875 (Sprint): Provide content for http://gisaxs.com
- 10:23 Documentation #987 (Rejected): Tidy up the gisas/theory directory
- not a task to be done at once, but work in progress
- 10:15 Documentation #1262 (Resolved): Fix IsGISAXS references in form factor section
- Done in 0871f28. Hopefully, it's now clear where our computation deviates from IsGISAXS.
27 Apr 2016
- 13:41 Bug #1417 (Resolved): numeric inaccuracies in form factors
- Anisopyramid reimplemented using polyhedral ff; sym_S2 in Pyramid disabled until resolution of #1420
- 13:37 Refactoring #1422 (Resolved): provide clue when test fails
- * when reference test fails, indicate location of old and new image
* when python test fails, provide a clue what to...
- 08:46 Bug #1420: Symmetry S2 not usable
- wrong results, therefore disabled in Prism6 and Pyramid
26 Apr 2016
- 17:41 Feature #975 (Backlog): man page should be built at release time
- 17:40 Documentation #1262 (Sprint): Fix IsGISAXS references in form factor section
- 17:39 Refactoring #1065 (Sprint): Revise particle form factors: change names, add few form factors, cha...
- agreed since long that this should be part of the next API-breaking sprint
- 17:20 Feature #1415 (Backlog): Parameterization: onChange() should invalidate cache, and not immediatel...
- 16:42 Bug #1421 (Resolved): FullSphere F(q)=0 for small q
- Done in c3568ef.
- 12:50 Bug #1421 (Resolved): FullSphere F(q)=0 for small q
- runff 1 0 11 1 0 0 0 0 0 1e-7 => (4.15786325694,0)
runff 1 0 11 1 0 0 0 0 0 1e-8 => (0,0)
- 12:48 Bug #1420 (Resolved): Symmetry S2 not usable
- therefore the symmetry is not used until this is resolved
- 12:46 Bug #1294 (Resolved): provide substantial unit tests for factor computations
- Done in 6b09bc4.
We are now testing:
* whether F(0)=V
* continuity (comparing F(q) for small q with F(0))
25 Apr 2016
- 16:06 Refactoring #1419 (Archived): move test code out of core
- qGenerator.h has been provisionally packed in Core/StandardSamples.
If I see correctly, this directory contains much...
- 15:03 Bug #1294: provide substantial unit tests for factor computations
- Specialization tests implemented.
More tests needed.
- 15:02 Refactoring #1418 (Resolved): provide cotangent, and replace division by tan(alpha) in pyramids
- somehow 1/tan(pi/2) works, but we should not rely on it
- 10:51 Bug #1417 (Resolved): numeric inaccuracies in form factors
- * According to FormFactorSpecializationTest:
** Pyramid and AnisoPyramid agree only for moderate values of |q|.
- 09:09 Bug #1416 (Backlog): Core: FF: form factors with numeric integration fail for small and for large q
- * For small q: inaccurate results, as demonstrated by TruncatedSphere vs FullSphere in FormFactorSpecializationTests....
22 Apr 2016
- 15:17 Bug #1371 (Waiting): presence of some boost components not checked by cmake
- 14:21 Feature #1415 (Sprint): Parameterization: onChange() should invalidate cache, and not immediately...
- on advise by Walter, we go for option 1:
* each thread has it's own copy of sample parts, so threading will not be a...
- 11:27 Feature #1415 (Rfc): Parameterization: onChange() should invalidate cache, and not immediately ex...
- 09:17 Feature #1415 (Backlog): Parameterization: onChange() should invalidate cache, and not immediatel...
- This is not only for elegance, but improves functionality: Currently, an exception is thrown whenever one parameter i...
- 13:08 Documentation #1102 (Backlog): Core: instrument simulation: review normalization, especially in v...
- 11:36 Refactoring #1410 (Resolved): rename GCCXML_SKIP_THIS
- Resolved in d163e2e.
- 11:28 Refactoring #1410: rename GCCXML_SKIP_THIS
- no, only the name is obsolete
21 Apr 2016
- 18:28 Documentation #1400 (Sprint): blender: paint dodecahedron and icosahedron
- I put it in the sprint, and when later assign to myself when in the 'blender' mood.
- 18:27 Bug #1411 (Rejected): FindGSL version test fails under cmake-3.0 => BornAgain does not build on D...
- Should be fixed by now.
- 18:26 Bug #1404 (Resolved): compilation broken for libgsl2
- I have updated minimizers and removed check for GSL version. It compiles with 1.16 and 2.1 without any additional cma...
- 17:59 Bug #1294 (Sprint): provide substantial unit tests for factor computations
- first, repair broken tests related to parameter pool
- 17:56 Support #852: Make GUI available at JCNS servers
- Not worth the fight - wait unless we have user contact
- 17:55 Bug #1413 (Resolved): polyhedra won't react to ex-post parameter variation
- Solved in 5f3e7a72: things are now precomputed upon parameter change. Broken tests will be restored under issue #1294.
- 16:57 Documentation #1412: avoid horizontal scrolling in code examples
- two things to do:
* decrease font size by one; determine maximum number of characters per line
* rework examples to...
- 12:52 Bug #1370 (Resolved): Fix numerous "features" introduced by latest major GUI refactoring
- With this the GUI "ParameterizedItem" refactoring is over. Old functionality is restored.
* It's not possible to o...
19 Apr 2016
- 12:20 Support #852: Make GUI available at JCNS servers
- Answer from Josef Heinen 29mar16:
* BornAgain is installed on the Macs
* This seems not to include the Mac notebo...
- 11:34 Documentation #1414 (Rejected): regenerate form factor images in manual
- - in k coordinates
- choose q along more and less directions
18 Apr 2016
- 20:05 Bug #1413 (Archived): polyhedra won't react to ex-post parameter variation
- needs to be corrected, and test mus be written
- 16:57 Documentation #1412 (Archived): avoid horizontal scrolling in code examples
- Some Python examples have some really long lines.
To read them, one needs to scroll horizontally.
But some examples...
- 10:24 Bug #1411: FindGSL version test fails under cmake-3.0 => BornAgain does not build on Debian Jessie
- Let's not even attempt to repair the version testing. First resolve 1404, then remove the version testing from FindGSL.
- 09:48 Bug #1411 (Rejected): FindGSL version test fails under cmake-3.0 => BornAgain does not build on D...
- The failure seems to be related to the recent changes in the file cmake/modules/FindGSL.cmake
The error message:
- 08:28 Feature #1399 (Resolved): Implement form factors for dodecahedron and icosahedron
16 Apr 2016
- 13:29 Feature #1409 (Resolved): accelerate Ripple1
- 12:12 Feature #1409: accelerate Ripple1
- Done in 2dfc525: Straightforward substitution accelerated numeric integral by a factor of 4.
- 12:05 Refactoring #1410 (Resolved): rename GCCXML_SKIP_THIS
- It's obsolete, right?
15 Apr 2016
- 16:57 Feature #1409 (Archived): accelerate Ripple1
- by far the slowest particle form factor - investigate, and possibly accelerate
- 16:52 Refactoring #1217: Cleanup App directory from all obsolete code
- In 6586bdf also deleted unused program options.
- 16:35 Refactoring #1217 (Resolved): Cleanup App directory from all obsolete code
- Done in 7fd9748.
- 15:35 Feature #31 (Backlog): Core: beam propagation: Implement x-ray polarization factor
- still very important, but should not delay the next release
- 15:33 Feature #1399: Implement form factors for dodecahedron and icosahedron
- Fully functional in 68cdd13
- 09:36 Feature #1399: Implement form factors for dodecahedron and icosahedron
- sorry, previous reassigment was in error (was meant for the blender subtask)
- 09:34 Feature #1238 (Sprint): nicer layout for firstname.lastname@example.org (reopened: v1.6.0 round ...
14 Apr 2016
- 17:25 Bug #1405 (Resolved): Implementation error in MultiLayerRoughnessDWBASimulation
- 15:53 Feature #1408 (Archived): GUI: refactor/beautify/finalize FitWidget
- For the moment, underlying functionality (model side) is implemented by David. Fitting views are in prototyping state...
- 15:07 Feature #1342 (Resolved): GUI: add Monte-Carlo integration option in the simulation
Now it is possible to setup MonteCarlo integration from GUI. Corresponding Core/Python/GUI functional tests (very l...
- 14:57 Feature #1138 (Resolved): GUI: provide uniform style for double numbers in GUI-generated Python s...
- Resolved while doing Monte-Carlo in GUI
- 14:56 Feature #1138 (Sprint): GUI: provide uniform style for double numbers in GUI-generated Python script
- 13:22 Bug #1084 (Resolved): MultiLayer samples with roughness (and without particles) report wrong prog...
- Occasionally fixed it while implementing Monte-Carlo in GUI
- 13:22 Bug #1084 (Sprint): MultiLayer samples with roughness (and without particles) report wrong progre...
- 12:58 Refactoring #1334 (Resolved): Core: remove ProgramOptions from the simulation
- Occasionally implemented this while doing MonteCarlo in GUI.
- 12:58 Refactoring #1334 (Sprint): Core: remove ProgramOptions from the simulation
- 12:56 Documentation #1400: blender: paint dodecahedron and icosahedron
- To replace placeholder images Dodecahedron3d.png and Icosahedron.png. Thank you, Gennady.
13 Apr 2016
- 20:03 Feature #861: === Website & Examples ===
- with the web site quite stable, this is now mostly about examples
- 20:01 Documentation #427 (Rejected): User Examples campaign
- simplify task hierarchy
- 19:33 Documentation #422 (Rejected): Write page with BornAgain / IsGISAXS comparison
- see comment on #433
- 18:53 Refactoring #1407 (Rejected): rotate the sample, not Q
- Currently, rotation of particles is emulated by rotating Q. In the future, keep Q=ki-kf invariant, and apply rotation...
- 18:36 Documentation #433 (Rejected): Write paragraph with performance comparison IsGISAXS vs FitGISAXS ...
- we'll inevitably come back to this when writing a paper; till then no need to keep it in the tracker
- 18:32 Documentation #991 (In Progress): Revise and reintegrate chapter on particle distributions
- Walter, it seems you are working on this.
- 18:27 Feature #1032 (Long Term Idea): Core: Rotation of inter-particle structures
- 13:55 Bug #1405 (Archived): Implementation error in MultiLayerRoughnessDWBASimulation
- get_sum4terms: the q components used are always the top ones (layer 0), instead of the ones appropriate for the inter...
12 Apr 2016
- 21:00 Bug #1371 (Backlog): presence of some boost components not checked by cmake
- waiting for clue from upstream ...
- 20:55 Bug #1401 (Resolved): correct inaccurate numerics near removable singularity in form factors Tetr...
- done in 94b795
- 15:46 Bug #1293 (Resolved): bold math symbols broken under Texlive2015
- Works for me. No need right now to test with older unicode-math. And there is even a chance that it would work.
- 15:45 Bug #1293 (Sprint): bold math symbols broken under Texlive2015
- 13:46 Bug #1404: compilation broken for libgsl2
- Per 79fb089, cmake requires GSL 1 EXACT. Revert this once GSL 2 works.
- 13:35 Bug #1404 (Archived): compilation broken for libgsl2
- GSL API change affects ROOT minimizer, see https://sft.its.cern.ch/jira/browse/ROOT-7776. We need to patch our clone,...
- 12:42 Bug #1403 (Resolved): absence of gsl.h not detected by cmake
- Repaired in 8346ba9be866: imported new version of FindGSL from cmake-3.5. Let's hope it is compatible with older vers...
- 12:41 Bug #1403 (Sprint): absence of gsl.h not detected by cmake
- 08:56 Bug #1403 (Resolved): absence of gsl.h not detected by cmake
- 08:54 Envelope task #1402 (Archived): cmake tasks (OS independent)
11 Apr 2016
- 19:00 Bug #1401 (Archived): correct inaccurate numerics near removable singularity in form factors Tetr...
- the problem is evident in the white spot in the reference data Tests/ReferenceData/BornAgain/ref_FormFactors_Truncate...
- 18:50 Feature #1075 (Resolved): Cone6 form factor -> analytic
- Done in d030162b02e, using the generic polyhedron form factor. Got rid of the unphysical singularity in the reference...
- 18:50 Feature #1075 (Sprint): Cone6 form factor -> analytic
07 Apr 2016
- 12:07 Documentation #1400 (Archived): blender: paint dodecahedron and icosahedron
- 12:06 Feature #1399 (Resolved): Implement form factors for dodecahedron and icosahedron
- Worthwhile because there are quite many nanoparticles with these shapes.
Feasible thanks to new generic polyhedral f...
01 Apr 2016
- 17:05 Refactoring #1366: Revise boost libraries usage
- boost::bind and boost::function replaced by their C++11 equivalents
30 Mar 2016
- 17:03 Bug #900: Custom form factors in python do not work with multithreading
- This appears to be a consequence of the global interpreter lock in Python, which prevents calls to the Python interpr...
Also available in: Atom