From 02 Jun 2016 to 01 Jul 2016
01 Jul 2016
- 15:00 Refactoring #1497 (Rfc): Agree on new Core directory structure and class renaming to Rename certa...
- 14:48 Refactoring #1497: Agree on new Core directory structure and class renaming to Rename certain cla...
- I fully agree that these type of tasks should wait until we have a reasonably good working CI and nightly build proce...
- 14:23 Refactoring #1497 (Rejected): Agree on new Core directory structure and class renaming to Rename ...
- Within this item we have to agree on
* new Core directory structure (how to split, new directory names)
- 14:46 Configuration #1348 (Rejected): Buildbot: install agent on scgmini and attach Mavericks/Yosemite/...
- Already covered in #1344
- 14:45 Configuration #1344: MacOS: install buildslave to macmini
Mavericks, Yosemite, El Capitan
- 13:56 Configuration #1496 (Rejected): Switch Windows10 buildslave from virtual box to vagrant box
- 13:50 Refactoring #1495 (Backlog): GUI: extend GUISuite functional test machinery with standard fits
- We have to make sure, that translation of fit parameters between GUI and domain
is working properly.
- 13:50 Refactoring #1494 (Backlog): GUI: Implement export of fitting setup to python script.
- This is a heavy item. It is not even clear how to do it.
- 13:50 Refactoring #1493 (Backlog): GUI: Implement tranform from domain for fitting objects
- 13:49 Refactoring #1492 (Resolved): GUI: Unify WarningSignWidget usage across the whole project
- We use WarningSignWidget (small yellow triangle) in different widgets under similar scenarios, but having lots of du...
- 13:49 Refactoring #1491 (Rejected): GUI: improve GUI fitting performance
- For the moment fitting with GUI eats only 60% CPU, it means that significant part we spend in GUI's single thread by ...
- 13:48 Refactoring #1490 (Resolved): GUI: refactor JobView and IntensityData widgets
- * -get rid of ColorMapPlot-
* -create new widget for projections-
** -take care of auto margins in QCustomPlot-
- 13:48 Refactoring #1489 (Rejected): Build: refactor fix_apple_bundle for the production of MacOS installer
- The main problem, is that it can't distinguish, whever Qt dependencies are hardcoded in BornAgain binary
(which is n...
- 13:48 Refactoring #1488 (Archived): GUI: provide integration of ImportDataView and InstrumentView
- This is a heavy item which requires the following
* -Embed mask editor into ImportDataView-
* Make FitSuite respe...
- 13:47 Refactoring #1487 (Archived): GUI: introduce ROI (region of interest) in MaskEditor
- The idea is that when it comes to importing real data, the most common operation is
to set up region of interest, wh...
- 13:47 Refactoring #1486 (Resolved): GUI: refactor SampleView
- * -switch to the dock structure as in JobView-
* -make SampleViewDocks (to be created) and JobViewDocks relying on s...
- 13:46 Refactoring #1485 (Resolved): GUI: refactor InstrumentView
- * switch to the usage of common ItemStackPresenter to avoid code duplication
* split responsibilities: separate acti...
- 13:46 Refactoring #1484 (Resolved): GUI: refactor InstrumentItem and DetectorItem
- * Introduce DetectorContainerItem
* introduce common base DetectorItem for SphericalDetectorItem and RectangularDete...
- 13:45 Feature #1308 (Rejected): GUI: take care about margins in ColorMapPlot
- Will be fixed in the context of JobView refactoring
- 13:44 Configuration #1483 (Rejected): Fix shuwdown of Windows10 build slave
- The build slave for Windows10 builds does not seem to shutdown properly. As a result, it keeps running and buildmaste...
- 13:42 Configuration #1482 (Rejected): Investigate forced build on buildbot, parameterized by <branch>
- At first stage, only Linux.
This could help testing before merging, but also for releasing, where we need to test/ge...
- 13:39 Configuration #1481 (Rejected): Buildbot: provide tutorial how to add new build configuration: MacOS
- For the moment the knowledge mostly in Jan's hands, we need good tutorial on BornAgain redmine wiki, so everybody cou...
- 13:39 Configuration #1480 (Rejected): Buildbot: provide tutorial how to add new build configuration: Wi...
- For the moment the knowledge mostly in Jan's hands, we need good tutorial on BornAgain redmine wiki, so everybody cou...
- 13:04 Refactoring #1476: Revise installation directory structure under Linux
I thinks this item, as well as #1070 should be replaced with one, single, well planned item - "Refactor installatio...
- 12:50 Refactoring #1065: Revise particle form factors: change names, add few form factors, change some ...
- Split into separate issues
- 12:49 Bug #1448 (Rejected): Remove html directory from source tarball
- so it was a mistake during hotfix procedure. Nothing to be done here.
- 12:47 Configuration #1447 (Backlog): Migrate to GitHub
- I think we have to move to github/gitlab with pull requests as soon as possible.
30 Jun 2016
- 10:42 Configuration #1350 (Resolved): Buildbot: provide set of configurations for buildbot-based BornAg...
- Arch and the two Ubuntu systems are in place. Fedora (or another option) will be configured during the next sprint.
- 09:28 Bug #1436 (Resolved): repair ex06_Miscellaneous/AccessingSimulationResults.py: type object 'IHist...
Replaced "enum class DataType" to "enum DataType" in IHistogram. We have to be careful with enums which are intende...
- 09:26 Bug #1436 (Sprint): repair ex06_Miscellaneous/AccessingSimulationResults.py: type object 'IHistog...
- 08:13 Configuration #1150 (Backlog): Improve release script procedure
- 08:13 Configuration #1344 (Backlog): MacOS: install buildslave to macmini
- 08:12 Feature #1349 (Backlog): Buildbot: provide tutorial how to add new build configuration: Linux
- 08:12 Configuration #1348 (Backlog): Buildbot: install agent on scgmini and attach Mavericks/Yosemite/E...
- 08:12 Configuration #1255 (Backlog): MacOS: provide vagrant build configurations for Mavericks
- 08:12 Configuration #1175 (Backlog): Provide official debian package
29 Jun 2016
- 17:33 Feature #1408 (Resolved): GUI: refactor/beautify/finalize FitWidget
- For the moment it's good enough to start showing to the users. Still lots of things has to be done, but it will be a ...
28 Jun 2016
- 14:13 Refactoring #1479 (Backlog): presence of some boost components not checked by cmake
- 14:12 Refactoring #1479 (Rejected): presence of some boost components not checked by cmake
- See #1371
Fix implemented for that issue did not work for us, because it uses keywords not present in cmake 2.8.12 (...
27 Jun 2016
- 10:42 Feature #1478 (Resolved): Refactor FitParameterLinked to provide simultaneous fit of several samp...
Current FitParameterLinked item is able to steer several RealParameterWrapper. The idea is that we can fit several ...
- 09:34 Bug #1465 (Resolved): Repair MacOS cmake machinery
22 Jun 2016
- 00:24 Refactoring #1477 (Archived): Provide more detailed info on Exception thrown from Polyhedron base...
For example, attempt to create Prism3 in GUI with wrong parameters leads to an exception with info...
- 13:57 Refactoring #1476 (Backlog): Revise installation directory structure under Linux
- After the recent refactoring of the cmake files, in the lib/BornAgain1.5 folder appear BornAgain executable file and ...
20 Jun 2016
- 17:17 Feature #1475 (Archived): DOI for BornAgain
- To let users to cite BornAgain in a proper way, we need DOI.
Here is a bit of information on how to get a DOI for...
- 15:13 Refactoring #1472 (Resolved): Introduce additional template parameter for IFactory to be able to ...
- IFactory can now be customized by key-type and no longer needs build function templates that explicitly return base p...
- 14:05 Refactoring #1472 (Archived): Introduce additional template parameter for IFactory to be able to ...
I need IFactory to accept QString as key, to be able to write in GUI
resiterItem(QString("Color Map"), &createInst...
- 12:45 Feature #1120 (Sprint): Calculate the specular peak intensity: |R|^2 at the specular pixel
- Priority set to high, because this issue has been delayed for too long and users are expecting this.
18 Jun 2016
- 15:57 Refactoring #1065: Revise particle form factors: change names, add few form factors, change some ...
- Rename FormFactorTrivial -> FormfactorDot ... and suddenly it's physical
17 Jun 2016
- 17:33 Refactoring #1471: Revise user example demonstrating BornAgain usage from C++
- For the time being, I inserted into the README:
THIS C++ EXAMPLE DIRECTORY IS CURRENTLY NOT MAINTAINED AND MAY BE ...
- 09:34 Refactoring #1471 (Resolved): Revise user example demonstrating BornAgain usage from C++
We have in the directory ./Examples/cpp an example demonstrating how to simulate from C++.
It has to be repaired/...
- 13:51 Bug #1470 (Resolved): Revise all README's in BornAgain source directory.
- Resolved in 2c06ab3c. At least good enough for my taste.
- 09:14 Bug #1470 (Archived): Revise all README's in BornAgain source directory.
This is triggered by the mail conversation I recently had with the user. He spotted inconsistency between files des...
- 13:42 Refactoring #1440: cover Python examples by functional tests
- perhaps existing dev-tools/check-examples/check_examples.py can be used
- 09:40 Refactoring #1468: Migrate to stdexcept
Not that I have a strong opinion on this matter, just one possible argument.
Own hierarchy, in principle, allows...
16 Jun 2016
- 11:32 Bug #1467: Remove memory leakages from functional test machinery
- Two causes of leaks fixed in ffa5fab.
The remaining two (in SubtestRegistry and OutputDataReadFactory) are probably ...
- 10:27 Bug #1467: Remove memory leakages from functional test machinery
- Here are some additional explanations about release procedure.
Before every release we check BornAgain for leakage...
- 09:11 Bug #1467 (Resolved): Remove memory leakages from functional test machinery
* Leakages have been present already in previous version of functional test. There are probably some new.
* All ...
- 10:19 Refactoring #1469 (Rejected): Package Multifit-Suite as separate library
- Proposed names:
* libgufl = Grand Unified Fit Library
* libfitsuite # surprisingly, zero Google hits...
- 10:17 Refactoring #1468 (Backlog): Migrate to stdexcept
- ... instead of our own Exception hierarchy
- 10:14 Bug #1464 (Resolved): TestCoreP unit test is failing under MacOS
- Does work.
15 Jun 2016
- 23:52 Bug #971 (Resolved): Drupal: horizontal scrollbar hides underscore character in long lines
- Resolved by agreeing on fontsize=12 and maximally 85 chars / line
- 23:51 Bug #971 (Sprint): Drupal: horizontal scrollbar hides underscore character in long lines
- 23:50 Refactoring #1291 (Resolved): core functional test machinery: simplify, or at least explain
- 23:49 Refactoring #1291 (Sprint): core functional test machinery: simplify, or at least explain
- Last open subissue resolved in 6f660da3
- 10:43 Feature #767 (Rejected): Add functionality into MinimizerFactory::printCatalogue.
- Rejected in the favor of new item #1446.
- 10:42 Refactoring #1466 (Archived): Refactor core Minimizer family to match the GUI presentation
Presentation of minimizer settings in GUI widgets requires different tree structure in (Minimizer Library, Minimize...
14 Jun 2016
- 22:09 Documentation #1400 (Resolved): blender: paint dodecahedron and icosahedron
- 16:16 Refactoring #1432 (Backlog): final polish of polyhedral form factor
- Good enough for Core release.
- 16:12 Documentation #1414 (Backlog): regenerate form factor images in manual
- 15:37 Bug #1464: TestCoreP unit test is failing under MacOS
- Limit relaxed in 6954158. Does it work?
- 15:05 Refactoring #1065 (Backlog): Revise particle form factors: change names, add few form factors, ch...
- To be done together with other renamings. Decided so far:
* akronyms not all in capitals, for consistency with camel...
- 14:55 Documentation #1431 (Resolved): simplify cross-referencing using package cleveref
- b8e58f4 uses far more \cref than \ref, setting precedent for future use. No need to convert the remaining \ref's.
- 14:54 Documentation #1431 (Sprint): simplify cross-referencing using package cleveref
- 11:03 Documentation #1131 (Backlog): Create tutorial explaining interference function parameterization
- Usage of an interference function is already included in the 'examples' section.
The detailed description of every s...
- 10:12 Refactoring #1454 (Resolved): Export to Python: generated scripts should not require "from bornag...
- Resolved in a87bb475e
13 Jun 2016
- 22:26 Bug #1465 (Archived): Repair MacOS cmake machinery
- 21:09 Bug #1464 (Resolved): TestCoreP unit test is failing under MacOS
See attached file
- 18:12 Refactoring #1065: Revise particle form factors: change names, add few form factors, change some ...
I suggest to rename really few most unpleasant names already this sprint and not return back to renaming question u...
- 17:24 Documentation #1437: Release requirement: Update example scripts
- Doing it by hand once will always be less work than providing an automatic way. So implementing the automatic way onl...
- 17:22 Documentation #1437: Release requirement: Update example scripts
- Depends. If we do the big form factor renaming (#1065), then we need to update many examples. If no automatism is ava...
- 17:14 Documentation #1437 (Backlog): Release requirement: Update example scripts
- Postponed until we decide what to do with #1451
- 17:16 Feature #1120 (Backlog): Calculate the specular peak intensity: |R|^2 at the specular pixel
- 17:16 Feature #1187 (Backlog): Implement 1D fitting in SpecularSimulation
- 17:16 Feature #1019 (Backlog): Extend GUI ParticleDistribution with linked parameters
- 17:07 Feature #1238 (Resolved): nicer layout for email@example.com (reopened: v1.6.0 roun...
- Black topbar removed.
Emails now contain little formatting expect some basic html (headers, ...)
- 16:01 Feature #1126 (Rejected): GUI: improve performance of IntensityDataWidget while dragging colorbar
- This issue only seems to occur on systems without OpenGL.
- 15:59 Feature #1305 (Rejected): GUI: Make real time simulation aware of current zoom level to speed up ...
- Currently rejected for the following reason:
-After the zoom in and tune parameters, the user may want to zoom out t...
- 14:41 Refactoring #1291 (Backlog): core functional test machinery: simplify, or at least explain
- Mostly done. Still TODO:
* -Explain commands 'ctest -R', 'bin/CoreSuite <test>, ...- [done in http://bornagainprojec...
- 14:31 Bug #1274 (Resolved): GUI: rotated ellipse in MaskEditor is wrongly propagated to domain
- 14:31 Bug #1274: GUI: rotated ellipse in MaskEditor is wrongly propagated to domain
- Propagation of the rotated ellipse seemed to produce no problems.
However, a bug was discovered and fixed in the mas...
- 14:29 Bug #1461: eliminate g++ warnings
- Warnings fixed for g++5.3 in 56d6a4535d4f5498cf058864bbb5b17bc122d39c
- 14:02 Bug #1461: eliminate g++ warnings
- Issue is ambiguous without stating which compiler version is targeted.
Under 5.3, 1000's of warnings still appear.
- 12:58 Bug #1461 (Resolved): eliminate g++ warnings
- close this; discuss enforcement under #1423
- 11:39 Bug #1461 (Rfc): eliminate g++ warnings
- 11:39 Bug #1461 (Sprint): eliminate g++ warnings
- Resolved in 0af7eb9e. To discuss: enforce zero tolerance by "-Werror" ?
- 14:08 Feature #1463 (Rejected): possibility to specialize|generalize physical models on the fly
- Provide core functionality and GUI support to allow users to modify their physical models by specialization or genera...
- 13:06 Bug #1423 (Resolved): == eliminate warnings ==
- discuss maintenance of this state under new item #1462
- 13:06 Feature #1462 (Rejected): enforce zero tolerance for warnings
- Now that we have achieved (under all platforms???) zero warnings, we should maintain this state. At least in branches...
- 12:59 Feature #1459 (Resolved): eliminate Doxygen warnings
- close this; discuss enforcement under #1423
- 11:42 Feature #1459: eliminate Doxygen warnings
- Warnings count down to zero since about 586efff24.
How about enforcing zero tolerance?
- 12:59 Bug #1460 (Resolved): eliminate Swig warnings
- close this; discuss enforcement under #1423
- 11:44 Bug #1460 (Sprint): eliminate Swig warnings
- Warning 520 disabled, all others eliminated by 457409016.
- 12:56 Bug #1458 (Resolved): Compilation under Mac OS is broken
- Resolved in 6101aa5.
12 Jun 2016
- 13:52 Bug #1461 (Resolved): eliminate g++ warnings
- 13:52 Bug #1460 (Resolved): eliminate Swig warnings
- 13:51 Feature #1459 (Resolved): eliminate Doxygen warnings
10 Jun 2016
- 20:04 Bug #1458 (Archived): Compilation under Mac OS is broken
CMake Error: File /Users/pospelov/development/BornAgain/BornAgain/cmake/scripts/MacOSXBundleInfo.plist.in does no...
- 20:02 Refactoring #1454: Export to Python: generated scripts should not require "from bornagain import *"
- It's not a bug, it how it was done. Changing to "Refactoring".
- 15:44 Documentation #1269 (Resolved): Update documentation for new phi angle definition
- 14:58 Documentation #1269: Update documentation for new phi angle definition
- This is about the user manual, not drupal.
- 15:18 Refactoring #1422 (Resolved): provide clue when test fails
- Resolved in f72cbb5. CTest actually does have a pertinent macro, see my own answer at http://stackoverflow.com/questi...
- 13:43 Refactoring #1457 (Rejected): Calculate precomputed tables at compile time
- See class Precompute
- 10:10 Refactoring #1333 (Resolved): MSC switches hopefully obsolete
- Replaced with std::isnan and std::isinf and fixed tons of build errors on Windows
08 Jun 2016
- 12:28 Refactoring #1456 (Rejected): Automatize update of Py Examples
- Develop a script to push Python example code from source to Drupal.
Nice to have: the script should also run the e...
- 12:19 Refactoring #1291: core functional test machinery: simplify, or at least explain
- By now resolved:
* CMake machinery simplified
* Uppercase C++ functions merged into *Suite.cpp
Still to investig...
- 08:41 Refactoring #1422: provide clue when test fails
- It would be nice to let ctest print an informative footer, but there seems to be no simple way: http://stackoverflow....
- 08:38 Refactoring #1433 (Resolved): move massive numeric tests under 'make check' / 'ctest'
- resolved a few days ago
- 08:37 Refactoring #1433 (Sprint): move massive numeric tests under 'make check' / 'ctest'
07 Jun 2016
- 18:12 Bug #1452: PySuite tests fail when executed in parallel
- For the record: cause of the bug were constant file names (Py script and simulation output) in PyScriptFunctionalTest...
- 18:10 Bug #1452 (Resolved): PySuite tests fail when executed in parallel
- Solved in [analyfutests 3aee823], soon to be merged into develop.
- 17:12 Bug #1455 (Resolved): RuntimeError if CrossCorrLength=0
- Fixed in 724fe9f8d2e64f0e8d82013f5f36170a2f7a6351
- 16:49 Bug #1455 (Archived): RuntimeError if CrossCorrLength=0
- BornAgain Python script exits with the "RuntimeError: Attempt to set crossCorrLength to zero" message if the cross co...
- 14:32 Refactoring #1454 (Resolved): Export to Python: generated scripts should not require "from bornag...
- Automatically generated scripts should teach best practice in BornAgain/Python usage. Therefore:
06 Jun 2016
- 10:39 Bug #1452: PySuite tests fail when executed in parallel
- I'm investigating ..
- 09:54 Bug #1452 (Resolved): PySuite tests fail when executed in parallel
- ctest -j4 yields e.g.
The following tests FAILED:
77 - PySuite/FormFactors (Failed)
78 - P...
- 07:50 Documentation #1451: update to Drupal 8
Suggested order of upgrade:
* Install drupal locally
** with Bitnami Drupal stack https://bitnami.com/stack/dr...
03 Jun 2016
- 15:59 Bug #1449 (Resolved): Apply detector resolution function can give negative results
- Negative values arise as a result of the finite precision in the fft's. In special cases, as in the given example, wh...
- 11:15 Bug #1449 (Archived): Apply detector resolution function can give negative results
use HexCylinders.py from gisas/support/015_AnatolyBerezkin and add the following line to create_simulatio...
- 11:53 Documentation #1437: Release requirement: Update example scripts
- Under Drupal 8 (#1451), we might use RESTful services, described at https://drupalize.me/blog/201401/introduction-res...
- 11:52 Documentation #1451 (Rejected): update to Drupal 8
- especially if we want to use RESTful service to automatize update of Python example scripts, #1437
- 09:24 Bug #1448 (Rejected): Remove html directory from source tarball
* It looks like our current 1.5.1 tarball contains unnecessary 'html' directory with whole content
** Our previous...
- 09:22 Configuration #1150 (Sprint): Improve release script procedure
- 08:57 Configuration #1447 (Archived): Migrate to GitHub
* Merging to the develop should be allowed only after successful builds on build server
02 Jun 2016
- 00:11 Documentation #1412: avoid horizontal scrolling in code examples
- develop 4b2a125 provides tool dev-tools/code-tools/count-line-length.py
- 11:24 Documentation #1412 (In Progress): avoid horizontal scrolling in code examples
- Clue from stackexchange: syntaxhighlighter style can be overwritten in our theme's CSS: in
- 19:10 Documentation #330: Take care of kz=0 case appropriately
- no hope that I'll be free for this any soon
- 19:08 Envelope task #1402 (Archived): cmake tasks (OS independent)
- no tasks left open
- 14:33 Bug #1070 (Backlog): Unix should install to /usr/local/lib, not to versioned subdirectory
- destination_libexec: libexec/ is highly nonstandard; executable should go to bin/
Also available in: Atom