From 13 Jul 2016 to 11 Aug 2016
11 Aug 2016
- 16:02 Documentation #1589: Clone drupal website
- After some investigation, it seems that switching between two drupal sites is not the most effective way of achieving...
- 14:17 Documentation #1589 (Archived): Clone drupal website
- The idea is to have two separate drupal websites:
-the one that is publicly available under our current web address
- 14:18 Documentation #1590 (Rejected): Update to drupal 8
- After issue #1589
- 11:29 Configuration #1496: Switch Windows10 buildslave from virtual box to vagrant box
- On hold until we fix the activation issue with the underlying virtual machine
- 08:34 Feature #1475: DOI for BornAgain
- depends on #1447, is not a subtask thereof
10 Aug 2016
- 23:38 Configuration #1577 (Resolved): Qt qcreator navigation/recognition is broken for all unit tests
- Hopefully resolved in 4b73a91:
Google test wrapper replaced by a lighter macro.
Now each unit test subdirectory h...
- 23:38 Configuration #1577 (Sprint): Qt qcreator navigation/recognition is broken for all unit tests
- 20:24 Configuration #1577: Qt qcreator navigation/recognition is broken for all unit tests
- Some web discussions suggest qtcreator has a problem with absolute paths; relative paths might help with this kind of...
- 20:19 Configuration #1577: Qt qcreator navigation/recognition is broken for all unit tests
- See also right-click-menu > Open Include Hierarchy (SHIFT+CTRL_I) on any source file.
For LayerTest.h, it says: In...
- 17:14 Refactoring #1440: cover Python examples by functional tests
- Persistence test machinery is now working.
* Explain new plot-or-save function in tutorial
* Cover r...
- 10:20 Refactoring #1440: cover Python examples by functional tests
* -Now it is too late, but I would have a transition period about 1-2 month, when old tests are still in place, whi...
- 12:46 Refactoring #1588: FitSuiteParameters inhibits Python iterator
* FitSuiteParameters has a lot of convenience methods (see FitSuiteParameters.cpp file)
** initially it was vector...
- 10:44 Refactoring #1588 (Archived): FitSuiteParameters inhibits Python iterator
- When controlling a fit from Python I would expect to be able to write...
09 Aug 2016
- 14:55 Refactoring #1584 (Resolved): replace deprecated "exec_program"
- Resolved in a96b53b. Deprecated command was left in UseLATEX.cmake, which is third party code, and should be updated ...
- 14:54 Refactoring #1584 (Sprint): replace deprecated "exec_program"
- 14:38 Refactoring #1584 (Resolved): replace deprecated "exec_program"
- in cmake modules, by "exec_process"
- 13:36 Refactoring #1440: cover Python examples by functional tests
- In e7f0a6d, removed redundant legacy tests. The remaining ones will be left as they are, for the time being.
- 13:23 Bug #1583 (Resolved): PyPersist tests fail if build directory path contains a '.'
- Resolved in 4308c882, with correction in 464491f.
Restored compilation on scgmini.
- 10:59 Bug #1583 (Archived): PyPersist tests fail if build directory path contains a '.'
- 11:25 Feature #1564 (Resolved): split "Pi.h" from Units.h
- Resolved in 775c0c6.
- 10:41 Refactoring #1550 (Resolved): in .h file header comments, replace »Declares« by »Defines«
- Resolved in 52d6c6f.
- 10:27 Bug #1552 (Resolved): FormFactorTrivial should have RadialExtension = 0
- Resolved in 179f427562.
- 08:53 Refactoring #1582 (Resolved): Correct model for dense particles on surface
- This is more of a question then a change request, maybe a request to update the documentation:
All example models ...
- 08:34 Refactoring #1581 (Rejected): get... -> create... if new pointer is returned
- 08:33 Refactoring #1545 (Rejected): INamed: replace default "" by typeid()
- won't work as typeid() will return "INamed", not the name of the child class
08 Aug 2016
- 18:01 Bug #1580 (Resolved): ParticleComposition w/ distructive interference (selection rules not met)
- As first step to simulated AF spin arrangements on a square lattice I have tried to duplicate the simple single parti...
- 16:16 Feature #1579 (Resolved): provide trapezoid resolution function to describe instruments with neut...
- Many small angle neutron instruments use velocity selectors to monochromize the beam. These typically generate a tria...
- 16:01 Refactoring #1578 (New): reimplement ripples as Cartesian product Profile * Decay
- with FF(x,y,z) = Profile(x,z) * Decay(y),
n profiles and m decay functions allow n*m combinations, while only n+m+1 ...
- 15:58 Feature #1575 (Rejected): INamed: promote member m_name from private to protected
- No convincing case for change.
- 15:56 Bug #1571 (Resolved): PyCoreTest overlooks complete obstruction of simulation
- Errors now do appear in the CTest output.
Insensitivity of the tests to empty simulation output cannot be confirmed....
- 15:54 Feature #1573 (Resolved): facilitate plotting from Python scripts exported by PyCore tests.
- Resolved in 98163aa0d.
- 15:51 Refactoring #1440: cover Python examples by functional tests
- Mostly done in ef783ff2b.
* -implement meaningful check for YAML output-
* write meaningful YAML outpu...
- 12:20 Configuration #1483 (Rejected): Fix shuwdown of Windows10 build slave
- Rejected because fix will be automatic after issue #1496
- 12:18 Configuration #1577 (Archived): Qt qcreator navigation/recognition is broken for all unit tests
Qt creator doesn't know about Core/Fit include files, auto completion is broken for all BornAgain classes in the co...
- 08:34 Bug #1574 (Rejected): Find the way of comfort work in Qt creator in the absence of some headers
- Setting status rejected, even if it is rather "resolved". Only Sprint item can be turned into "resolved". But this it...
05 Aug 2016
- 19:54 Bug #1576 (Resolved): bornagain/__init__.py must not require matplotlib
- Resolved in 40607ef.
- 19:53 Bug #1576 (Archived): bornagain/__init__.py must not require matplotlib
- Functional tests must not require matplotlib to work.
Actually, there is no matplotlib on our apps server, and our...
- 15:54 Feature #1475: DOI for BornAgain
- we got green light from FZJ library not to wait for them but to use the extrenal solution offered by GitHub
- 14:47 Bug #1574: Find the way of comfort work in Qt creator in the absence of some headers
- Ok, returned back WinDll macros. Qt qcreator is happy again in both, finding and highlighting. I think in general for...
- 13:42 Bug #1574: Find the way of comfort work in Qt creator in the absence of some headers
- Found another issue in Qt creator: "find usage" often is not working. It finds something, but not everywhere. It wasn...
- 11:38 Feature #1575: INamed: promote member m_name from private to protected
- There is no need, obviously, but it might be convenient.
There is no implementation, and there will never be one. ...
- 11:26 Feature #1575: INamed: promote member m_name from private to protected
- There's no need to expose it since derived classes can set it directly using setName(...). Exposing it would expose t...
- 11:23 Feature #1575 (Rejected): INamed: promote member m_name from private to protected
- This member variable has many good uses in inherited classes, so why not expose it to them?
- 10:07 Refactoring #1490: GUI: refactor JobView and IntensityData widgets
- *Bug in the widget for projections:* units in projections are not changed according to the units of the plot. To repr...
04 Aug 2016
- 21:24 Refactoring #1440 (Sprint): cover Python examples by functional tests
- Now I know how to do it. Each example, depending on its argument, shall either plot or write to file. The latter beha...
- 17:58 Bug #1571: PyCoreTest overlooks complete obstruction of simulation
- Resolved in cdc32a6, except for the possible failure to detect zero-filled detector images.
- 16:22 Bug #1571 (Sprint): PyCoreTest overlooks complete obstruction of simulation
- 17:43 Feature #1573: facilitate plotting from Python scripts exported by PyCore tests.
- Resolved in 98163aa.
- 16:11 Refactoring #1567 (Waiting): omit »FormFactor« from particle geometry class names
- 15:27 Refactoring #1567: omit »FormFactor« from particle geometry class names
- Next question then, whether to put them in a namespace.
- 15:53 Refactoring #1548 (Waiting): choose name for fit library
- Opinion from first discussion: probably something less grandious than "FitSuite".
- 15:52 Refactoring #1547 (Backlog): restore ScanningMinimizer
- So it shall be refactored and reintegrated into the minimizer selection
- 15:48 Refactoring #1549 (Waiting): rename class FitSuite
- 13:23 Refactoring #1549: rename class FitSuite
I don't like FitController that much. It is also hard to explain users, why we have renamed FitSuite to something e...
- 12:51 Refactoring #1549: rename class FitSuite
- I vote for FitController
- 15:47 Refactoring #1550 (Sprint): in .h file header comments, replace »Declares« by »Defines«
- Yes, replace »Declares« by »Defines«.
Remove ' // inheriting from'.
- 12:49 Refactoring #1550: in .h file header comments, replace »Declares« by »Defines«
- Not related to this one, but to headers auto-update procedure.
* where can I find code tools used for code auto up...
- 15:46 Feature #1554 (Backlog): provide script to update Python files upon name changes in BornAgain
- As one-time solution.
Later on, for lighter changes, backward compatibility should be ensured differently: obsolete ...
- 15:42 Feature #1561 (Rejected): merge FTDistribution.. and FTDecayFunction..
- They are different.
* Distributions are pdf's, normalized to integral=1.
* Decay functions do have f(0)=1.
- 15:41 Feature #1564 (Sprint): split "Pi.h" from Units.h
- There is definitely no PI in the C++11 standard, so we go for Pi.h.
- 15:25 Refactoring #1569: rename hard particle form factors
- After first discussion, tendency to answer the $-question with yes: In principle, special cases of generic shapes mer...
- 15:22 Refactoring #1565 (Sprint): to associate units with parameters, use string instead of inheritance
- member variable of type string is perhaps not the best solution, but in any case a valid first approximation, and wil...
- 13:47 Refactoring #1557 (Rejected): FitParameterLinked causes weird coupling
- refactoring done under other issue
- 13:03 Bug #1574 (Rejected): Find the way of comfort work in Qt creator in the absence of some headers
- After removal of WinDllMacros.h from all headers (in the favor of its automatic include via cmake compilation keys), ...
03 Aug 2016
- 19:32 Documentation #1351: Drupal: update installation instructions, tutorials for coming release
- I guess contents is not left over from 1.6, but refers to the next release?
- 19:29 Refactoring #1556 (Resolved): FormFactorInfo: remove unused m_pos_x, m_pos_y
- Resolved in a25866219, i.e. removed the unused members. As for inheritance, I had soon understand on my own that this...
- 19:16 Feature #1564: split "Pi.h" from Units.h
- Overlaps with #1304 ...
- 09:28 Feature #1564 (Archived): split "Pi.h" from Units.h
- PI is not a unit, and used much more often, and typically in other contexts, than units.
So definitions of PI, PI2, ...
- 19:15 Feature #1573 (Archived): facilitate plotting from Python scripts exported by PyCore tests.
- PyCoreStandardTest generates scripts like <build>/tmp/pysuite_HexParaCrystal.py. Little changes to these scripts will...
- 19:05 Feature #1572: == Python ==
* Python bindings
* Export of Python scripts from Core
- 19:02 Feature #1572 (Rejected): == Python ==
- 18:49 Bug #1571 (Archived): PyCoreTest overlooks complete obstruction of simulation
- Let the Python function getSample(), exported by ExportToPython, return None instead of a multilayer. Then...
- 15:01 Refactoring #1570 (Rejected): replace parameter accessor methods getFoo() by getParameterValue("F...
- Simplifies the API at no cost in usability. Sole use of the form factor parameter read accessors seems to be in GUI/c...
- 14:01 Refactoring #1555 (Resolved): invert dependence of FitKernel on FitParameterLinked
- Resolved in 77bb6a194. Sorry for not closing this earlier.
- 09:13 Refactoring #1555: invert dependence of FitKernel on FitParameterLinked
- When I can start working on #1478 and #1466?
- 13:53 Refactoring #1569 (Rfc): rename hard particle form factors
- Indispensable because some names are in conflict with established geometric terminology. Question is how far we go. S...
- 13:25 Feature #1568 (Backlog): Implement TruncatedEllipsoid to replace HemiEllipsoid
- HemiEllipsoid describes an elongated droplet in contact with a surface. Are there any physical applications? If yes, ...
- 10:56 Refactoring #1567 (Rejected): omit »FormFactor« from particle geometry class names
* FormFactorCone -> Cone
* FormFactorTruncatedSpheroid -> TruncatedSpheroid
* and so on for all hard partic...
- 10:36 Feature #1554 (Rfc): provide script to update Python files upon name changes in BornAgain
- 10:34 Refactoring #1440: cover Python examples by functional tests
- required for #1566 (the big renaming)
- 10:32 Envelope task #1566: == API changes ==
- replacing #1497
- 10:25 Envelope task #1566 (In Progress): == API changes ==
- Certain classes and methods should be renamed to better reflect their meaning.
These changes will affect the user ...
- 10:19 Refactoring #1497 (Rejected): Agree on new Core directory structure and class renaming to Rename ...
- Perhaps it is cleaner to reject this issue, and to open a new issue specifically about the class&method renaming, usi...
- 10:12 Refactoring #1497: Agree on new Core directory structure and class renaming to Rename certain cla...
- "directory structure" taken out of the title of this issue; if you want, reopen as a separate issue.
A good direct...
- 10:04 Refactoring #1565: to associate units with parameters, use string instead of inheritance
- at this occasion, correct the limits for angles form +-90 or +-180 to +-PID2 or +-PI
- 09:39 Refactoring #1565 (Archived): to associate units with parameters, use string instead of inheritance
- While implementing units-in-parameters using the inheritance approach, I learned that units can be undefined when par...
- 09:51 Feature #1563: Investigate time-of-life of SampleBuilder in Python context
- This is definitely a remnant from the old bindings. In the old bindings, the ownership problem was solved on the C++ ...
- 08:48 Feature #1563 (Archived): Investigate time-of-life of SampleBuilder in Python context
* Is it possible to provide inline usage of SampleBuilder, as in example of Dominique Dresen?...
- 09:38 Bug #1559 (Rejected): Restore intensitydata.py functional test
You are right. I was able to do this in boost-python binding only because, as you've explained, he was silently pro...
- 09:35 Bug #1559: Restore intensitydata.py functional test
- Note that this is the expected behaviour in C++. getXaxis() returns a raw pointer to the axis, which is owned by the ...
- 08:40 Feature #1562: Provide ISample with possibility to export parameter tree in Python dictionary
- this sounds very close to what I am working on right now
- 08:26 Feature #1562 (Resolved): Provide ISample with possibility to export parameter tree in Python dic...
Request from Dominique Dresen:
> Print / Retrieve All Possible Fitting Parameters, including Beam Properties.
- 08:22 Feature #1561 (Rejected): merge FTDistribution.. and FTDecayFunction..
- or is there any good reason to maintain two different interfaces and implementations for a Gaussian, a Lorentzian, an...
- 08:21 Feature #1560 (Archived): Provide simulation running from Python with text version of progress bar
Request from Franziska Löhrer
> is it possible to track the progress (e.g. via the progress handler), when using...
02 Aug 2016
- 18:08 Bug #1559 (Rejected): Restore intensitydata.py functional test
After I have fixed Simulation::getIntensityData ownership within #1558, and the returned Histogram2D object started...
- 17:53 Bug #1558 (Resolved): Memory leakges in Python on Simulation::getIntensityData call
- 10:05 Bug #1558 (Archived): Memory leakges in Python on Simulation::getIntensityData call
Thanks to Dominique Dresen
>I think I narrowed the source of this bug down to the getIntensityData() method of G...
- 11:39 Refactoring #1556: FormFactorInfo: remove unused m_pos_x, m_pos_y
- m_pos_x and m_pos_y can indeed be removed. Inheriting from IFormFactor is conceptually not a good idea, since FormFac...
01 Aug 2016
- 21:42 Refactoring #1557 (Rejected): FitParameterLinked causes weird coupling
- FitParameterLinked inherits from FitParameter.
However, its member m_pool_parameters is of type vector<RealParameter...
- 20:20 Refactoring #1556 (Sprint): FormFactorInfo: remove unused m_pos_x, m_pos_y
- 18:24 Refactoring #1556 (Archived): FormFactorInfo: remove unused m_pos_x, m_pos_y
- Members m_pos_x, m_pos_y seem to be unused => delete them.
- 18:04 Refactoring #1555 (Resolved): invert dependence of FitKernel on FitParameterLinked
- Subclasses ParameterLength, ParameterAngle etc only make sense in Core/, not in Fit/.
Therefore we need to move Para...
- 17:10 Refactoring #1432: final polish of polyhedral form factor
- can wait
- 15:34 Feature #1554 (Rejected): provide script to update Python files upon name changes in BornAgain
- For users, and for converting our own examples and tests.
Compare #1553 which does the same for XML project files.
- 15:31 Feature #1553 (Rejected): Project (XML) read-in: support old versions by automatic conversion of ...
- Name changes should be made conditional on this.
- 14:59 Refactoring #1546 (Resolved): disambiguate getRadius()
- Resolved in 4defcc9.
In passing: removed unnecessary 'virtual' attribute from 'clone' methods.
- 11:57 Refactoring #1546: disambiguate getRadius()
- Starting in branch parunit, as preparative step towards #1428.
- 10:45 Refactoring #1546 (Archived): disambiguate getRadius()
- getRadius() currently has two different, though overlapping uses:
* to return the value of »Radius«, if the particle...
- 14:30 Bug #1552 (Resolved): FormFactorTrivial should have RadialExtension = 0
- The physical meaning of FormFactorTrivial is: form factor of a dot.
Accordingly, getRadialExtension() should return ...
- 11:54 Documentation #1414: regenerate form factor images in manual
- I'll come back to this when resuming work on the manual
- 11:54 Refactoring #1065: Revise particle form factors: change names, add few form factors, change some ...
- Needs further preparation & discussion
- 11:53 Refactoring #1469: Package Multifit-Suite as separate library
- I'll come back to this
- 11:33 Refactoring #1551 (Resolved): rename directory RootWrapper/ and files therein
- The subsystem implemented in RootWrapper wraps not only the CERN Root minimizers, but also others. So »Root« and »ROO...
- 11:28 Refactoring #1550 (Archived): in .h file header comments, replace »Declares« by »Defines«
- Since we discussed nomenclature many weeks ago, I paid attention to it and convinced myself that »declaration« - »def...
- 11:22 Refactoring #1549 (Rejected): rename class FitSuite
- »FitSuite« is one possible name for the entire fit library (#1548).
It is not so good a name for the top-level cla...
- 11:10 Refactoring #1548 (Rejected): choose name for fit library
- Per #1469, we'll package our multi-minimizer wrapper as a separate library. How shall we call it?
- 10:58 Refactoring #1547 (Rfc): restore ScanningMinimizer
- 10:57 Refactoring #1547 (Backlog): restore ScanningMinimizer
- ScanningMinimizer (previously MinimizerScan) is the only minimizer that directly accesses OutputData<>.
It is cove...
- 10:34 Refactoring #1545 (Rejected): INamed: replace default "" by typeid()
- In most or all of the ISample hierarchy, m_name is initially set to the class name. This can be easily achieved by a ...
- 10:25 Configuration #1544 (Rejected): require libcerf instead of providing ThirdParty/Fadeeva
- »Eat your own dogfood«. We are hosting »libcerf«, so we should use it in our own projects. »libcerf-dev« has made it ...
28 Jul 2016
- 18:09 Feature #1543 (Resolved): decouple FitKernel from FitSuite
- 18:08 Feature #1543: decouple FitKernel from FitSuite
- Resolved in e450865.
- 15:59 Feature #1543 (Archived): decouple FitKernel from FitSuite
- using std::function callback in FitKernel::notifyObservers()
- 13:31 Refactoring #1542 (Resolved): Make ParameterPool and RealParameter independent of IParameterized
- Resolved in 1c23198. Went smoothly, using std::function and std::bind.
- 10:37 Refactoring #1542 (Archived): Make ParameterPool and RealParameter independent of IParameterized
- Currently, they have a member IParameterized* m_parent that is only used to call IParameterized::onChange().
- 10:33 Refactoring #1469: Package Multifit-Suite as separate library
- priority set to high because rapid return to stability in directory structures is desired
- 10:25 Refactoring #1541: review areAlmostEqual and get_relative_difference
- With 7c816ab there comes a rudimentary unit test TestRelDiff, to be expanded while this issue is being solved.
- 10:18 Refactoring #1541 (Backlog): review areAlmostEqual and get_relative_difference
- Is there need for a tolerance_factor? Probably not.
Are small numbers meant on a linear or a logarithmic scale? Is...
27 Jul 2016
- 20:15 Refactoring #1469: Package Multifit-Suite as separate library
- rewrote title and description
- 18:54 Refactoring #1469 (Sprint): Package Multifit-Suite as separate library
- good progress in 008f21a;
base classes and utilities moved to Fit/ require second thought
- 17:51 Feature #1540 (Long Term Idea): Implement incoherent z-distribution of particles inside layer
- This can be done very efficiently using the same type of attenuation factor as used in:
- 15:38 Refactoring #1538 (Rejected): AttLimits::isInRange(value) returns true for value==m_lower_limit, ...
- Current implementation is...
26 Jul 2016
- 19:40 Refactoring #1469: Package Multifit-Suite as separate library
- Halted after bbac161 (minor cleanup, and split of Fit/ into four directories with clear include hierarchy)
- 09:19 Refactoring #1469: Package Multifit-Suite as separate library
- started with some easy refactoring
- 19:36 Feature #1513 (Resolved): Provide more informational throw message from RealParameterWrapper.
- ... followed and concluded by simplification of ParameterPool in 9c8e6d.
- 18:19 Feature #1513: Provide more informational throw message from RealParameterWrapper.
- Resolved in 32e8204d0d4: RealParameterWrapper now has parameter m_name.
- 07:43 Feature #1513 (Sprint): Provide more informational throw message from RealParameterWrapper.
- 14:33 Feature #1537 (Rejected): parametrize Gaussians and Lorentzians by mean and fwhm
- Whenever possible, different models should use common parameters.
For instance, different distribution functions mig...
- 08:07 Refactoring #1419 (Resolved): move test code out of core
- qGenerator.h has been removed since long.
TestMachinery/ has been moved to Test/Functional/ a few days ago.
- 08:03 Feature #587: Investigate objective function alternatives.
- the field is called "Priority", not "Importance"
- 07:57 Feature #587 (Long Term Idea): Investigate objective function alternatives.
- 08:03 Feature #586: Investigate chi2-like objective functions
- the field is called "Priority", not "Importance"
- 08:02 Configuration #1536 (Resolved): prevent Drupal from sending HTML mails with black horizontal head...
- this was supposed to be solved in Sprint 31, but I continue to get such mails
- 07:52 Refactoring #1535 (Rejected): rm intermediate directory 'coregui'
- Currently, GUI/ contains only a few small directories, plus coregui/, which in turn contains the more important direc...
- 07:42 Refactoring #1428 (Sprint): Compactify code that handles parameters (use abstract mechanism inste...
- I started with simplifying the interface IParameterized (branch 'parunit') ...
25 Jul 2016
- 19:29 Feature #1534 (Rejected): === Parameter handling ===
- Parameter handling needs a separate envelope tasks, because it cannot be subsumed under Core, Fit, or GUI: it concern...
- 18:43 Refactoring #1527 (Resolved): simplify containsMagneticMaterial, printSampleTree, genPyScript
- Resolved in 9e708f4af; ISampleVisitor no longer needed in Core.
- 17:01 Refactoring #1514 (Resolved): Remove code duplication in Distributions.h and .cpp
23 Jul 2016
- 15:44 Feature #1533 (Rejected): implement missing Python export for MesoCrystal
- If I see correctly, export to Python fails if the sample contains a MesoCrystal.
22 Jul 2016
- 16:31 Refactoring #1527: simplify containsMagneticMaterial, printSampleTree, genPyScript
- For containsMagneticMaterial, reimplementation went smoothly in no more than 20 lines, cff2abd.
- 09:44 Refactoring #1527 (Archived): simplify containsMagneticMaterial, printSampleTree, genPyScript
- Try a lighter way to iterate through the children of a Sample. The current implementation of ISample::containsMagneti...
- 16:00 Refactoring #1532 (Rejected): clarify relation of PolDWBAMagCylinders2 and StandardSimulations/St...
- 12:23 Refactoring #1526 (Resolved): replace "FunctionalTest" by more specific terms in several test mac...
- Resolved in f5720767e.
- 11:37 Refactoring #1526: replace "FunctionalTest" by more specific terms in several test machinery classes
- And rename FooTestSuite -> FooStandardTest, because it does not run a suite of tests, but one single test, taken from...
- 09:37 Refactoring #1526 (Sprint): replace "FunctionalTest" by more specific terms in several test machi...
- 11:22 Feature #1004: GUI: revise tooltips in all GUI elements
Revise mechanism of storing tooltips in GUI.
Currently tooltips are stored/handled
* in corresponding SessionIt...
- 09:33 Bug #1509: Version string should be different for executables generated from 'develop', from feat...
- this modification should also be propagated to the Doxyfiles
- 09:02 Refactoring #1419 (Sprint): move test code out of core
- 09:00 Feature #601 (Rejected): === Investigate OpenMP/MPI/GPU ===
- last open issue moved under #284: Fit
- 08:57 Feature #1290: === Core: framework ===
- All tasks concerned with the simulation framework, not with the physical modeling (which goes under #1438)
21 Jul 2016
- 16:07 Refactoring #1526 (Archived): replace "FunctionalTest" by more specific terms in several test mac...
- CoreTestSuite and GUITestSuite reside under Test/Functional, and inherit from FunctionalTestSuite.
They take a subte...
- 13:59 Feature #1525: consider parameters of types int, enum, bool
- By enum I mean a finite set of keywords. This must not imply implementation using the C/C++ 'enum' datatype.
- 13:23 Feature #1525: consider parameters of types int, enum, bool
- Enums are famous code smells in OO code. We already have too many of these.
Parameterizing the distribution for such...
- 12:22 Feature #1525 (Rejected): consider parameters of types int, enum, bool
- Parameters of types enum would allow us to merge physical models, provided they have the same number of parameters, a...
- 13:27 Refactoring #1497 (Sprint): Agree on new Core directory structure and class renaming to Rename ce...
- 11:51 Refactoring #1524 (Resolved): "FitSuite" currently used in two different meanings
- Resolved in 2a2856a
- 11:22 Refactoring #1524 (Archived): "FitSuite" currently used in two different meanings
- "FitSuite" is a collection of fit routines, wrapped under a common API.
Currently, the name "FitSuite" is also use...
- 10:00 Feature #1475 (Sprint): DOI for BornAgain
- Seems easy once we are at GitHub.
- 09:56 Feature #1462 (Rejected): enforce zero tolerance for warnings
- This question will naturally come up again when configuring the build server. No need to keep this issue open here.
- 09:54 Bug #1070 (Rejected): Unix should install to /usr/local/lib, not to versioned subdirectory
- merged into #1476
- 09:54 Refactoring #1476: Revise installation directory structure under Linux
- I'll close #1070, which essentially said:
- Unix should install to /usr/local/lib, not to versioned subdirectory
20 Jul 2016
- 16:58 Configuration #1447 (Sprint): Migrate to GitHub
- 10:57 Bug #1511 (Resolved): Roughness simulations give incorrect scattering contribution below the samp...
19 Jul 2016
- 16:24 Documentation #1523 (Resolved): explain numeric value of HomogeneousMagneticMaterial::m_magnetic_...
- numeric value in the code comes without any explanation
- 16:13 Documentation #1522 (Resolved): Create python example with polarized neutrons and magnetic materials
- We do not have an example in Examples/python for polarized neutron case.
Withing this item
* create user example ...
- 15:49 Refactoring #1487 (Sprint): GUI: introduce ROI (region of interest) in MaskEditor
- 15:48 Feature #1478 (Sprint): Refactor FitParameterLinked to provide simultaneous fit of several sample...
- 15:48 Refactoring #1489 (Sprint): Build: refactor fix_apple_bundle for the production of MacOS installer
- 15:47 Bug #1498 (Sprint): Fitting in GUI: values for all fitting parameters are reported as the same
- 15:47 Refactoring #1492 (Sprint): GUI: Unify WarningSignWidget usage across the whole project
- 15:34 Documentation #1014 (Sprint): Manual: describe simulation with distributed parameters
Basing on experience learned from GISAS school, we need this tutorial soon. It is hard to explain the concept of "S...
- 15:24 Feature #1521 (Rejected): GUI: find the way for update notifier to not to rely on CHANGELOG
Our GUI's update notifier works as following:
* on every GUI start, if the user has "online update notification"...
- 13:42 Bug #1520 (Archived): GUI: global progress bar seems to be not updating
When user runs a time consuming simulation, global progress bar in lower left corner is not updating. The normal pr...
18 Jul 2016
- 18:46 Documentation #1519 (Rejected): Linking failure of Ubuntu with Python installed via Anaconda bundle
Found an Ubuntu, there in addition to system Python there are two Anaconda's Python2 and Python3 bundles, all in PA...
- 18:28 Bug #1518 (Rejected): Build failure on Ubuntu with static version of fftw3 library
Found the Linux with fftw3 installed twice:
* in normal way via the package manager in /usr/lib, shared version ...
- 18:06 Documentation #1517 (Archived): Add the case with missed msvc2015 runtime library on Windows syst...
* see #1516
* also mention the case on Drupal's "Windows install instruction"
- 18:04 Bug #1516 (Archived): Consider include of ms-win-runtime library into Windows installer
During GISAS tutorial 5 Windows laptops (out of 20) didn't have api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll library installed...
15 Jul 2016
- 13:12 Bug #1512 (Resolved): GUI crashes when simulating for a lognormal distribution of wavelength with...
- 09:38 Bug #1515 (Rejected): GUI: error in determination of size of imported tiff file causes crash of f...
- How to reproduce:
1. Start BornAgain (1.6.1, hotfix)
2. Instrument-> Set nbins=981 (phi) and nbins=1043 (alpha)
14 Jul 2016
- 16:24 Refactoring #1514 (Archived): Remove code duplication in Distributions.h and .cpp
- 15:20 Feature #1513 (Archived): Provide more informational throw message from RealParameterWrapper.
Currently it throws with "Value not in range", so in GUI it is almost useless. Ideally it should give the name of p...
13 Jul 2016
- 20:18 Bug #1512 (Archived): GUI crashes when simulating for a lognormal distribution of wavelength with...
Use cylinders and prisms example, create wavelength distribution log normal and set scale parameter to ze...
- 14:41 Bug #1511 (Archived): Roughness simulations give incorrect scattering contribution below the samp...
- 11:58 Feature #1508: GUI JobView: reconsider location of activity view switch
- However, before this can be set back to low priority, the tutorial should be updated to what is actually implemented ...
- 11:34 Feature #1508: GUI JobView: reconsider location of activity view switch
- Perhaps then the solution will emerge from a larger reshuffling. Let's keep this issue with low priority and see how ...
Also available in: Atom