From 28 Jul 2016 to 26 Aug 2016
26 Aug 2016
- 15:03 Configuration #1595 (Resolved): Fix Windows builds
- cmake - build - make installer: now working on the build server
export of installer is currently deactivated
24 Aug 2016
- 17:22 Feature #1560 (Resolved): Provide simulation running from Python with text version of progress bar
- Resolved in f366263. Use command simulation.setTerminalProgressMonitor() before simulation.runSimulation().
- 13:37 Configuration #1595 (Archived): Fix Windows builds
- 13:35 Refactoring #1594: Review and possibly refactor IFormFactor class hierarchy
- Currently, IFormFactorBorn does not only represent form factors that only depend on the wavevector transfer q, but th...
- 08:49 Bug #1520: GUI: global progress bar seems to be not updating
- sorry, this seems a pure GUI issue, unaffected by refactoring of the progress handler in Core
23 Aug 2016
- 16:08 Refactoring #1594 (Archived): Review and possibly refactor IFormFactor class hierarchy
- It seems that conceptually all concrete IFormFactor classes (with the exception of the two DWBA form factors) could b...
- 12:55 Refactoring #1593 (Archived): Remove soft particle constructors that have a volume argument inste...
- There is a risk that users overlook the unusual meaning of the argument, and interpret the volume as a length.
17 Aug 2016
- 14:33 Refactoring #1565 (Resolved): to associate units with parameters, use string instead of inheritance
- Resolved in 07c2106.
The unit name is wrapped in by class Unit.
Parameter registration now has chain form, e.g.
12 Aug 2016
- 10:19 Documentation #1589 (Resolved): Clone drupal website
- Clone now on:
11 Aug 2016
- 16:02 Documentation #1589: Clone drupal website
- After some investigation, it seems that switching between two drupal sites is not the most effective way of achieving...
- 14:17 Documentation #1589 (Archived): Clone drupal website
- The idea is to have two separate drupal websites:
-the one that is publicly available under our current web address
- 14:18 Documentation #1590 (Rejected): Update to drupal 8
- After issue #1589
- 11:29 Configuration #1496: Switch Windows10 buildslave from virtual box to vagrant box
- On hold until we fix the activation issue with the underlying virtual machine
- 08:34 Feature #1475: DOI for BornAgain
- depends on #1447, is not a subtask thereof
10 Aug 2016
- 23:38 Configuration #1577 (Resolved): Qt qcreator navigation/recognition is broken for all unit tests
- Hopefully resolved in 4b73a91:
Google test wrapper replaced by a lighter macro.
Now each unit test subdirectory h...
- 23:38 Configuration #1577 (Sprint): Qt qcreator navigation/recognition is broken for all unit tests
- 20:24 Configuration #1577: Qt qcreator navigation/recognition is broken for all unit tests
- Some web discussions suggest qtcreator has a problem with absolute paths; relative paths might help with this kind of...
- 20:19 Configuration #1577: Qt qcreator navigation/recognition is broken for all unit tests
- See also right-click-menu > Open Include Hierarchy (SHIFT+CTRL_I) on any source file.
For LayerTest.h, it says: In...
- 17:14 Refactoring #1440: cover Python examples by functional tests
- Persistence test machinery is now working.
* Explain new plot-or-save function in tutorial
* Cover r...
- 10:20 Refactoring #1440: cover Python examples by functional tests
* -Now it is too late, but I would have a transition period about 1-2 month, when old tests are still in place, whi...
- 12:46 Refactoring #1588: FitSuiteParameters inhibits Python iterator
* FitSuiteParameters has a lot of convenience methods (see FitSuiteParameters.cpp file)
** initially it was vector...
- 10:44 Refactoring #1588 (Archived): FitSuiteParameters inhibits Python iterator
- When controlling a fit from Python I would expect to be able to write...
09 Aug 2016
- 14:55 Refactoring #1584 (Resolved): replace deprecated "exec_program"
- Resolved in a96b53b. Deprecated command was left in UseLATEX.cmake, which is third party code, and should be updated ...
- 14:54 Refactoring #1584 (Sprint): replace deprecated "exec_program"
- 14:38 Refactoring #1584 (Resolved): replace deprecated "exec_program"
- in cmake modules, by "exec_process"
- 13:36 Refactoring #1440: cover Python examples by functional tests
- In e7f0a6d, removed redundant legacy tests. The remaining ones will be left as they are, for the time being.
- 13:23 Bug #1583 (Resolved): PyPersist tests fail if build directory path contains a '.'
- Resolved in 4308c882, with correction in 464491f.
Restored compilation on scgmini.
- 10:59 Bug #1583 (Archived): PyPersist tests fail if build directory path contains a '.'
- 11:25 Feature #1564 (Resolved): split "Pi.h" from Units.h
- Resolved in 775c0c6.
- 10:41 Refactoring #1550 (Resolved): in .h file header comments, replace »Declares« by »Defines«
- Resolved in 52d6c6f.
- 10:27 Bug #1552 (Resolved): FormFactorTrivial should have RadialExtension = 0
- Resolved in 179f427562.
- 08:53 Refactoring #1582 (Resolved): Correct model for dense particles on surface
- This is more of a question then a change request, maybe a request to update the documentation:
All example models ...
- 08:34 Refactoring #1581 (Rejected): get... -> create... if new pointer is returned
- 08:33 Refactoring #1545 (Rejected): INamed: replace default "" by typeid()
- won't work as typeid() will return "INamed", not the name of the child class
08 Aug 2016
- 18:01 Bug #1580 (Resolved): ParticleComposition w/ distructive interference (selection rules not met)
- As first step to simulated AF spin arrangements on a square lattice I have tried to duplicate the simple single parti...
- 16:16 Feature #1579 (Resolved): provide trapezoid resolution function to describe instruments with neut...
- Many small angle neutron instruments use velocity selectors to monochromize the beam. These typically generate a tria...
- 16:01 Refactoring #1578 (New): reimplement ripples as Cartesian product Profile * Decay
- with FF(x,y,z) = Profile(x,z) * Decay(y),
n profiles and m decay functions allow n*m combinations, while only n+m+1 ...
- 15:58 Feature #1575 (Rejected): INamed: promote member m_name from private to protected
- No convincing case for change.
- 15:56 Bug #1571 (Resolved): PyCoreTest overlooks complete obstruction of simulation
- Errors now do appear in the CTest output.
Insensitivity of the tests to empty simulation output cannot be confirmed....
- 15:54 Feature #1573 (Resolved): facilitate plotting from Python scripts exported by PyCore tests.
- Resolved in 98163aa0d.
- 15:51 Refactoring #1440: cover Python examples by functional tests
- Mostly done in ef783ff2b.
* -implement meaningful check for YAML output-
* write meaningful YAML outpu...
- 12:20 Configuration #1483 (Rejected): Fix shuwdown of Windows10 build slave
- Rejected because fix will be automatic after issue #1496
- 12:18 Configuration #1577 (Archived): Qt qcreator navigation/recognition is broken for all unit tests
Qt creator doesn't know about Core/Fit include files, auto completion is broken for all BornAgain classes in the co...
- 08:34 Bug #1574 (Rejected): Find the way of comfort work in Qt creator in the absence of some headers
- Setting status rejected, even if it is rather "resolved". Only Sprint item can be turned into "resolved". But this it...
05 Aug 2016
- 19:54 Bug #1576 (Resolved): bornagain/__init__.py must not require matplotlib
- Resolved in 40607ef.
- 19:53 Bug #1576 (Archived): bornagain/__init__.py must not require matplotlib
- Functional tests must not require matplotlib to work.
Actually, there is no matplotlib on our apps server, and our...
- 15:54 Feature #1475: DOI for BornAgain
- we got green light from FZJ library not to wait for them but to use the extrenal solution offered by GitHub
- 14:47 Bug #1574: Find the way of comfort work in Qt creator in the absence of some headers
- Ok, returned back WinDll macros. Qt qcreator is happy again in both, finding and highlighting. I think in general for...
- 13:42 Bug #1574: Find the way of comfort work in Qt creator in the absence of some headers
- Found another issue in Qt creator: "find usage" often is not working. It finds something, but not everywhere. It wasn...
- 11:38 Feature #1575: INamed: promote member m_name from private to protected
- There is no need, obviously, but it might be convenient.
There is no implementation, and there will never be one. ...
- 11:26 Feature #1575: INamed: promote member m_name from private to protected
- There's no need to expose it since derived classes can set it directly using setName(...). Exposing it would expose t...
- 11:23 Feature #1575 (Rejected): INamed: promote member m_name from private to protected
- This member variable has many good uses in inherited classes, so why not expose it to them?
- 10:07 Refactoring #1490: GUI: refactor JobView and IntensityData widgets
- *Bug in the widget for projections:* units in projections are not changed according to the units of the plot. To repr...
04 Aug 2016
- 21:24 Refactoring #1440 (Sprint): cover Python examples by functional tests
- Now I know how to do it. Each example, depending on its argument, shall either plot or write to file. The latter beha...
- 17:58 Bug #1571: PyCoreTest overlooks complete obstruction of simulation
- Resolved in cdc32a6, except for the possible failure to detect zero-filled detector images.
- 16:22 Bug #1571 (Sprint): PyCoreTest overlooks complete obstruction of simulation
- 17:43 Feature #1573: facilitate plotting from Python scripts exported by PyCore tests.
- Resolved in 98163aa.
- 16:11 Refactoring #1567 (Waiting): omit »FormFactor« from particle geometry class names
- 15:27 Refactoring #1567: omit »FormFactor« from particle geometry class names
- Next question then, whether to put them in a namespace.
- 15:53 Refactoring #1548 (Waiting): choose name for fit library
- Opinion from first discussion: probably something less grandious than "FitSuite".
- 15:52 Refactoring #1547 (Backlog): restore ScanningMinimizer
- So it shall be refactored and reintegrated into the minimizer selection
- 15:48 Refactoring #1549 (Waiting): rename class FitSuite
- 13:23 Refactoring #1549: rename class FitSuite
I don't like FitController that much. It is also hard to explain users, why we have renamed FitSuite to something e...
- 12:51 Refactoring #1549: rename class FitSuite
- I vote for FitController
- 15:47 Refactoring #1550 (Sprint): in .h file header comments, replace »Declares« by »Defines«
- Yes, replace »Declares« by »Defines«.
Remove ' // inheriting from'.
- 12:49 Refactoring #1550: in .h file header comments, replace »Declares« by »Defines«
- Not related to this one, but to headers auto-update procedure.
* where can I find code tools used for code auto up...
- 15:46 Feature #1554 (Backlog): provide script to update Python files upon name changes in BornAgain
- As one-time solution.
Later on, for lighter changes, backward compatibility should be ensured differently: obsolete ...
- 15:42 Feature #1561 (Rejected): merge FTDistribution.. and FTDecayFunction..
- They are different.
* Distributions are pdf's, normalized to integral=1.
* Decay functions do have f(0)=1.
- 15:41 Feature #1564 (Sprint): split "Pi.h" from Units.h
- There is definitely no PI in the C++11 standard, so we go for Pi.h.
- 15:25 Refactoring #1569: rename hard particle form factors
- After first discussion, tendency to answer the $-question with yes: In principle, special cases of generic shapes mer...
- 15:22 Refactoring #1565 (Sprint): to associate units with parameters, use string instead of inheritance
- member variable of type string is perhaps not the best solution, but in any case a valid first approximation, and wil...
- 13:47 Refactoring #1557 (Rejected): FitParameterLinked causes weird coupling
- refactoring done under other issue
- 13:03 Bug #1574 (Rejected): Find the way of comfort work in Qt creator in the absence of some headers
- After removal of WinDllMacros.h from all headers (in the favor of its automatic include via cmake compilation keys), ...
03 Aug 2016
- 19:32 Documentation #1351: Drupal: update installation instructions, tutorials for coming release
- I guess contents is not left over from 1.6, but refers to the next release?
- 19:29 Refactoring #1556 (Resolved): FormFactorInfo: remove unused m_pos_x, m_pos_y
- Resolved in a25866219, i.e. removed the unused members. As for inheritance, I had soon understand on my own that this...
- 19:16 Feature #1564: split "Pi.h" from Units.h
- Overlaps with #1304 ...
- 09:28 Feature #1564 (Archived): split "Pi.h" from Units.h
- PI is not a unit, and used much more often, and typically in other contexts, than units.
So definitions of PI, PI2, ...
- 19:15 Feature #1573 (Archived): facilitate plotting from Python scripts exported by PyCore tests.
- PyCoreStandardTest generates scripts like <build>/tmp/pysuite_HexParaCrystal.py. Little changes to these scripts will...
- 19:05 Feature #1572: == Python ==
* Python bindings
* Export of Python scripts from Core
- 19:02 Feature #1572 (Rejected): == Python ==
- 18:49 Bug #1571 (Archived): PyCoreTest overlooks complete obstruction of simulation
- Let the Python function getSample(), exported by ExportToPython, return None instead of a multilayer. Then...
- 15:01 Refactoring #1570 (Rejected): replace parameter accessor methods getFoo() by getParameterValue("F...
- Simplifies the API at no cost in usability. Sole use of the form factor parameter read accessors seems to be in GUI/c...
- 14:01 Refactoring #1555 (Resolved): invert dependence of FitKernel on FitParameterLinked
- Resolved in 77bb6a194. Sorry for not closing this earlier.
- 09:13 Refactoring #1555: invert dependence of FitKernel on FitParameterLinked
- When I can start working on #1478 and #1466?
- 13:53 Refactoring #1569 (Rfc): rename hard particle form factors
- Indispensable because some names are in conflict with established geometric terminology. Question is how far we go. S...
- 13:25 Feature #1568 (Backlog): Implement TruncatedEllipsoid to replace HemiEllipsoid
- HemiEllipsoid describes an elongated droplet in contact with a surface. Are there any physical applications? If yes, ...
- 10:56 Refactoring #1567 (Rejected): omit »FormFactor« from particle geometry class names
* FormFactorCone -> Cone
* FormFactorTruncatedSpheroid -> TruncatedSpheroid
* and so on for all hard partic...
- 10:36 Feature #1554 (Rfc): provide script to update Python files upon name changes in BornAgain
- 10:34 Refactoring #1440: cover Python examples by functional tests
- required for #1566 (the big renaming)
- 10:32 Envelope task #1566: == API changes ==
- replacing #1497
- 10:25 Envelope task #1566 (In Progress): == API changes ==
- Certain classes and methods should be renamed to better reflect their meaning.
These changes will affect the user ...
- 10:19 Refactoring #1497 (Rejected): Agree on new Core directory structure and class renaming to Rename ...
- Perhaps it is cleaner to reject this issue, and to open a new issue specifically about the class&method renaming, usi...
- 10:12 Refactoring #1497: Agree on new Core directory structure and class renaming to Rename certain cla...
- "directory structure" taken out of the title of this issue; if you want, reopen as a separate issue.
A good direct...
- 10:04 Refactoring #1565: to associate units with parameters, use string instead of inheritance
- at this occasion, correct the limits for angles form +-90 or +-180 to +-PID2 or +-PI
- 09:39 Refactoring #1565 (Archived): to associate units with parameters, use string instead of inheritance
- While implementing units-in-parameters using the inheritance approach, I learned that units can be undefined when par...
- 09:51 Feature #1563: Investigate time-of-life of SampleBuilder in Python context
- This is definitely a remnant from the old bindings. In the old bindings, the ownership problem was solved on the C++ ...
- 08:48 Feature #1563 (Archived): Investigate time-of-life of SampleBuilder in Python context
* Is it possible to provide inline usage of SampleBuilder, as in example of Dominique Dresen?...
- 09:38 Bug #1559 (Rejected): Restore intensitydata.py functional test
You are right. I was able to do this in boost-python binding only because, as you've explained, he was silently pro...
- 09:35 Bug #1559: Restore intensitydata.py functional test
- Note that this is the expected behaviour in C++. getXaxis() returns a raw pointer to the axis, which is owned by the ...
- 08:40 Feature #1562: Provide ISample with possibility to export parameter tree in Python dictionary
- this sounds very close to what I am working on right now
- 08:26 Feature #1562 (Resolved): Provide ISample with possibility to export parameter tree in Python dic...
Request from Dominique Dresen:
> Print / Retrieve All Possible Fitting Parameters, including Beam Properties.
- 08:22 Feature #1561 (Rejected): merge FTDistribution.. and FTDecayFunction..
- or is there any good reason to maintain two different interfaces and implementations for a Gaussian, a Lorentzian, an...
- 08:21 Feature #1560 (Archived): Provide simulation running from Python with text version of progress bar
Request from Franziska Löhrer
> is it possible to track the progress (e.g. via the progress handler), when using...
02 Aug 2016
- 18:08 Bug #1559 (Rejected): Restore intensitydata.py functional test
After I have fixed Simulation::getIntensityData ownership within #1558, and the returned Histogram2D object started...
- 17:53 Bug #1558 (Resolved): Memory leakges in Python on Simulation::getIntensityData call
- 10:05 Bug #1558 (Archived): Memory leakges in Python on Simulation::getIntensityData call
Thanks to Dominique Dresen
>I think I narrowed the source of this bug down to the getIntensityData() method of G...
- 11:39 Refactoring #1556: FormFactorInfo: remove unused m_pos_x, m_pos_y
- m_pos_x and m_pos_y can indeed be removed. Inheriting from IFormFactor is conceptually not a good idea, since FormFac...
01 Aug 2016
- 21:42 Refactoring #1557 (Rejected): FitParameterLinked causes weird coupling
- FitParameterLinked inherits from FitParameter.
However, its member m_pool_parameters is of type vector<RealParameter...
- 20:20 Refactoring #1556 (Sprint): FormFactorInfo: remove unused m_pos_x, m_pos_y
- 18:24 Refactoring #1556 (Archived): FormFactorInfo: remove unused m_pos_x, m_pos_y
- Members m_pos_x, m_pos_y seem to be unused => delete them.
- 18:04 Refactoring #1555 (Resolved): invert dependence of FitKernel on FitParameterLinked
- Subclasses ParameterLength, ParameterAngle etc only make sense in Core/, not in Fit/.
Therefore we need to move Para...
- 17:10 Refactoring #1432: final polish of polyhedral form factor
- can wait
- 15:34 Feature #1554 (Rejected): provide script to update Python files upon name changes in BornAgain
- For users, and for converting our own examples and tests.
Compare #1553 which does the same for XML project files.
- 15:31 Feature #1553 (Rejected): Project (XML) read-in: support old versions by automatic conversion of ...
- Name changes should be made conditional on this.
- 14:59 Refactoring #1546 (Resolved): disambiguate getRadius()
- Resolved in 4defcc9.
In passing: removed unnecessary 'virtual' attribute from 'clone' methods.
- 11:57 Refactoring #1546: disambiguate getRadius()
- Starting in branch parunit, as preparative step towards #1428.
- 10:45 Refactoring #1546 (Archived): disambiguate getRadius()
- getRadius() currently has two different, though overlapping uses:
* to return the value of »Radius«, if the particle...
- 14:30 Bug #1552 (Resolved): FormFactorTrivial should have RadialExtension = 0
- The physical meaning of FormFactorTrivial is: form factor of a dot.
Accordingly, getRadialExtension() should return ...
- 11:54 Documentation #1414: regenerate form factor images in manual
- I'll come back to this when resuming work on the manual
- 11:54 Refactoring #1065: Revise particle form factors: change names, add few form factors, change some ...
- Needs further preparation & discussion
- 11:53 Refactoring #1469: Package Multifit-Suite as separate library
- I'll come back to this
- 11:33 Refactoring #1551 (Resolved): rename directory RootWrapper/ and files therein
- The subsystem implemented in RootWrapper wraps not only the CERN Root minimizers, but also others. So »Root« and »ROO...
- 11:28 Refactoring #1550 (Archived): in .h file header comments, replace »Declares« by »Defines«
- Since we discussed nomenclature many weeks ago, I paid attention to it and convinced myself that »declaration« - »def...
- 11:22 Refactoring #1549 (Rejected): rename class FitSuite
- »FitSuite« is one possible name for the entire fit library (#1548).
It is not so good a name for the top-level cla...
- 11:10 Refactoring #1548 (Rejected): choose name for fit library
- Per #1469, we'll package our multi-minimizer wrapper as a separate library. How shall we call it?
- 10:58 Refactoring #1547 (Rfc): restore ScanningMinimizer
- 10:57 Refactoring #1547 (Backlog): restore ScanningMinimizer
- ScanningMinimizer (previously MinimizerScan) is the only minimizer that directly accesses OutputData<>.
It is cove...
- 10:34 Refactoring #1545 (Rejected): INamed: replace default "" by typeid()
- In most or all of the ISample hierarchy, m_name is initially set to the class name. This can be easily achieved by a ...
- 10:25 Configuration #1544 (Rejected): require libcerf instead of providing ThirdParty/Fadeeva
- »Eat your own dogfood«. We are hosting »libcerf«, so we should use it in our own projects. »libcerf-dev« has made it ...
28 Jul 2016
- 18:09 Feature #1543 (Resolved): decouple FitKernel from FitSuite
- 18:08 Feature #1543: decouple FitKernel from FitSuite
- Resolved in e450865.
- 15:59 Feature #1543 (Archived): decouple FitKernel from FitSuite
- using std::function callback in FitKernel::notifyObservers()
- 13:31 Refactoring #1542 (Resolved): Make ParameterPool and RealParameter independent of IParameterized
- Resolved in 1c23198. Went smoothly, using std::function and std::bind.
- 10:37 Refactoring #1542 (Archived): Make ParameterPool and RealParameter independent of IParameterized
- Currently, they have a member IParameterized* m_parent that is only used to call IParameterized::onChange().
- 10:33 Refactoring #1469: Package Multifit-Suite as separate library
- priority set to high because rapid return to stability in directory structures is desired
- 10:25 Refactoring #1541: review areAlmostEqual and get_relative_difference
- With 7c816ab there comes a rudimentary unit test TestRelDiff, to be expanded while this issue is being solved.
- 10:18 Refactoring #1541 (Backlog): review areAlmostEqual and get_relative_difference
- Is there need for a tolerance_factor? Probably not.
Are small numbers meant on a linear or a logarithmic scale? Is...
Also available in: Atom