From 04 Aug 2016 to 02 Sep 2016
02 Sep 2016
- 19:46 Bug #1600: PyPersistenceTest throws an exception from regex
- Dependence on regex has come in because dependence on glob.h had to be removed; glob.h had to be removed because it i...
- 17:54 Bug #1600 (Archived): PyPersistenceTest throws an exception from regex
Every PyPersistenceTest fails with ...
- 18:08 Feature #1601 (Resolved): Unit test executable is removed by cmake if test fails
I'm observing following behavior.
If unit test fails (e.g. with segmentation fault) - CMake machinery automatica...
31 Aug 2016
- 00:09 Bug #1467 (Resolved): Remove memory leakages from functional test machinery
- 00:09 Bug #1467: Remove memory leakages from functional test machinery
- Memory leak in I/O machinery confirmed, located, and fixed in 4765dcd.
- 00:07 Bug #1467 (Sprint): Remove memory leakages from functional test machinery
- 23:12 Refactoring #1407 (Long Term Idea): rotate the sample, not Q
- 23:11 Refactoring #1541 (Backlog): review areAlmostEqual and get_relative_difference
- With ba2dff7f2, the non-monotonicity in |b| is cured.
The remaining questions are less urgent.
- 22:44 Refactoring #1304 (Resolved): Unify treatment of numeric constants.
- Units.h now only contains physical units.
Complex constants should be locally in math-heavy files.
- 22:24 Refactoring #1304: Unify treatment of numeric constants.
- M_PI is used in several third-party sources. We do not want to patch them. Therefore we *cannot* get rid of M_PI. We ...
- 17:35 Feature #1599 (Rejected): provide another suite of functional tests: simulate on different grids,...
- 17:30 Refactoring #1428 (Resolved): Compactify code that handles parameters (use abstract mechanism ins...
- Resolved as far as RealParameters are concerned.
Unifying the treatment of ICompositeSample's children and IParame...
- 17:08 Refactoring #1598 (Rejected): decide on policy for incomplete ICompositeSample descendant constru...
- Descendants of ICompositeSample typically need one or more children to be defined before a simulation can be run. Pre...
- 12:18 Refactoring #1597 (Rejected): One Simulation should be concerned with no more than one sample
- Keep SampleBuilder machinery out of class Simulation.
- 12:16 Refactoring #1596 (Rejected): handle variable instance names differently from fixed class names (...
- INamed is conceptually unclear. It's mostly holds the constant class name, but occasionally is used for a variable in...
26 Aug 2016
- 15:03 Configuration #1595 (Resolved): Fix Windows builds
- cmake - build - make installer: now working on the build server
export of installer is currently deactivated
24 Aug 2016
- 17:22 Feature #1560 (Resolved): Provide simulation running from Python with text version of progress bar
- Resolved in f366263. Use command simulation.setTerminalProgressMonitor() before simulation.runSimulation().
- 13:37 Configuration #1595 (Archived): Fix Windows builds
- 13:35 Refactoring #1594: Review and possibly refactor IFormFactor class hierarchy
- Currently, IFormFactorBorn does not only represent form factors that only depend on the wavevector transfer q, but th...
- 08:49 Bug #1520: GUI: global progress bar seems to be not updating
- sorry, this seems a pure GUI issue, unaffected by refactoring of the progress handler in Core
23 Aug 2016
- 16:08 Refactoring #1594 (Archived): Review and possibly refactor IFormFactor class hierarchy
- It seems that conceptually all concrete IFormFactor classes (with the exception of the two DWBA form factors) could b...
- 12:55 Refactoring #1593 (Archived): Remove soft particle constructors that have a volume argument inste...
- There is a risk that users overlook the unusual meaning of the argument, and interpret the volume as a length.
17 Aug 2016
- 14:33 Refactoring #1565 (Resolved): to associate units with parameters, use string instead of inheritance
- Resolved in 07c2106.
The unit name is wrapped in by class Unit.
Parameter registration now has chain form, e.g.
12 Aug 2016
- 10:19 Documentation #1589 (Resolved): Clone drupal website
- Clone now on:
11 Aug 2016
- 16:02 Documentation #1589: Clone drupal website
- After some investigation, it seems that switching between two drupal sites is not the most effective way of achieving...
- 14:17 Documentation #1589 (Archived): Clone drupal website
- The idea is to have two separate drupal websites:
-the one that is publicly available under our current web address
- 14:18 Documentation #1590 (Rejected): Update to drupal 8
- After issue #1589
- 11:29 Configuration #1496: Switch Windows10 buildslave from virtual box to vagrant box
- On hold until we fix the activation issue with the underlying virtual machine
- 08:34 Feature #1475: DOI for BornAgain
- depends on #1447, is not a subtask thereof
10 Aug 2016
- 23:38 Configuration #1577 (Resolved): Qt qcreator navigation/recognition is broken for all unit tests
- Hopefully resolved in 4b73a91:
Google test wrapper replaced by a lighter macro.
Now each unit test subdirectory h...
- 23:38 Configuration #1577 (Sprint): Qt qcreator navigation/recognition is broken for all unit tests
- 20:24 Configuration #1577: Qt qcreator navigation/recognition is broken for all unit tests
- Some web discussions suggest qtcreator has a problem with absolute paths; relative paths might help with this kind of...
- 20:19 Configuration #1577: Qt qcreator navigation/recognition is broken for all unit tests
- See also right-click-menu > Open Include Hierarchy (SHIFT+CTRL_I) on any source file.
For LayerTest.h, it says: In...
- 17:14 Refactoring #1440: cover Python examples by functional tests
- Persistence test machinery is now working.
* Explain new plot-or-save function in tutorial
* Cover r...
- 10:20 Refactoring #1440: cover Python examples by functional tests
* -Now it is too late, but I would have a transition period about 1-2 month, when old tests are still in place, whi...
- 12:46 Refactoring #1588: FitSuiteParameters inhibits Python iterator
* FitSuiteParameters has a lot of convenience methods (see FitSuiteParameters.cpp file)
** initially it was vector...
- 10:44 Refactoring #1588 (Archived): FitSuiteParameters inhibits Python iterator
- When controlling a fit from Python I would expect to be able to write...
09 Aug 2016
- 14:55 Refactoring #1584 (Resolved): replace deprecated "exec_program"
- Resolved in a96b53b. Deprecated command was left in UseLATEX.cmake, which is third party code, and should be updated ...
- 14:54 Refactoring #1584 (Sprint): replace deprecated "exec_program"
- 14:38 Refactoring #1584 (Resolved): replace deprecated "exec_program"
- in cmake modules, by "exec_process"
- 13:36 Refactoring #1440: cover Python examples by functional tests
- In e7f0a6d, removed redundant legacy tests. The remaining ones will be left as they are, for the time being.
- 13:23 Bug #1583 (Resolved): PyPersist tests fail if build directory path contains a '.'
- Resolved in 4308c882, with correction in 464491f.
Restored compilation on scgmini.
- 10:59 Bug #1583 (Archived): PyPersist tests fail if build directory path contains a '.'
- 11:25 Feature #1564 (Resolved): split "Pi.h" from Units.h
- Resolved in 775c0c6.
- 10:41 Refactoring #1550 (Resolved): in .h file header comments, replace »Declares« by »Defines«
- Resolved in 52d6c6f.
- 10:27 Bug #1552 (Resolved): FormFactorTrivial should have RadialExtension = 0
- Resolved in 179f427562.
- 08:53 Refactoring #1582 (Resolved): Correct model for dense particles on surface
- This is more of a question then a change request, maybe a request to update the documentation:
All example models ...
- 08:34 Refactoring #1581 (Rejected): get... -> create... if new pointer is returned
- 08:33 Refactoring #1545 (Rejected): INamed: replace default "" by typeid()
- won't work as typeid() will return "INamed", not the name of the child class
08 Aug 2016
- 18:01 Bug #1580 (Resolved): ParticleComposition w/ distructive interference (selection rules not met)
- As first step to simulated AF spin arrangements on a square lattice I have tried to duplicate the simple single parti...
- 16:16 Feature #1579 (Resolved): provide trapezoid resolution function to describe instruments with neut...
- Many small angle neutron instruments use velocity selectors to monochromize the beam. These typically generate a tria...
- 16:01 Refactoring #1578 (New): reimplement ripples as Cartesian product Profile * Decay
- with FF(x,y,z) = Profile(x,z) * Decay(y),
n profiles and m decay functions allow n*m combinations, while only n+m+1 ...
- 15:58 Feature #1575 (Rejected): INamed: promote member m_name from private to protected
- No convincing case for change.
- 15:56 Bug #1571 (Resolved): PyCoreTest overlooks complete obstruction of simulation
- Errors now do appear in the CTest output.
Insensitivity of the tests to empty simulation output cannot be confirmed....
- 15:54 Feature #1573 (Resolved): facilitate plotting from Python scripts exported by PyCore tests.
- Resolved in 98163aa0d.
- 15:51 Refactoring #1440: cover Python examples by functional tests
- Mostly done in ef783ff2b.
* -implement meaningful check for YAML output-
* write meaningful YAML outpu...
- 12:20 Configuration #1483 (Rejected): Fix shuwdown of Windows10 build slave
- Rejected because fix will be automatic after issue #1496
- 12:18 Configuration #1577 (Archived): Qt qcreator navigation/recognition is broken for all unit tests
Qt creator doesn't know about Core/Fit include files, auto completion is broken for all BornAgain classes in the co...
- 08:34 Bug #1574 (Rejected): Find the way of comfort work in Qt creator in the absence of some headers
- Setting status rejected, even if it is rather "resolved". Only Sprint item can be turned into "resolved". But this it...
05 Aug 2016
- 19:54 Bug #1576 (Resolved): bornagain/__init__.py must not require matplotlib
- Resolved in 40607ef.
- 19:53 Bug #1576 (Archived): bornagain/__init__.py must not require matplotlib
- Functional tests must not require matplotlib to work.
Actually, there is no matplotlib on our apps server, and our...
- 15:54 Feature #1475: DOI for BornAgain
- we got green light from FZJ library not to wait for them but to use the extrenal solution offered by GitHub
- 14:47 Bug #1574: Find the way of comfort work in Qt creator in the absence of some headers
- Ok, returned back WinDll macros. Qt qcreator is happy again in both, finding and highlighting. I think in general for...
- 13:42 Bug #1574: Find the way of comfort work in Qt creator in the absence of some headers
- Found another issue in Qt creator: "find usage" often is not working. It finds something, but not everywhere. It wasn...
- 11:38 Feature #1575: INamed: promote member m_name from private to protected
- There is no need, obviously, but it might be convenient.
There is no implementation, and there will never be one. ...
- 11:26 Feature #1575: INamed: promote member m_name from private to protected
- There's no need to expose it since derived classes can set it directly using setName(...). Exposing it would expose t...
- 11:23 Feature #1575 (Rejected): INamed: promote member m_name from private to protected
- This member variable has many good uses in inherited classes, so why not expose it to them?
- 10:07 Refactoring #1490: GUI: refactor JobView and IntensityData widgets
- *Bug in the widget for projections:* units in projections are not changed according to the units of the plot. To repr...
04 Aug 2016
- 21:24 Refactoring #1440 (Sprint): cover Python examples by functional tests
- Now I know how to do it. Each example, depending on its argument, shall either plot or write to file. The latter beha...
- 17:58 Bug #1571: PyCoreTest overlooks complete obstruction of simulation
- Resolved in cdc32a6, except for the possible failure to detect zero-filled detector images.
- 16:22 Bug #1571 (Sprint): PyCoreTest overlooks complete obstruction of simulation
- 17:43 Feature #1573: facilitate plotting from Python scripts exported by PyCore tests.
- Resolved in 98163aa.
- 16:11 Refactoring #1567 (Waiting): omit »FormFactor« from particle geometry class names
- 15:27 Refactoring #1567: omit »FormFactor« from particle geometry class names
- Next question then, whether to put them in a namespace.
- 15:53 Refactoring #1548 (Waiting): choose name for fit library
- Opinion from first discussion: probably something less grandious than "FitSuite".
- 15:52 Refactoring #1547 (Backlog): restore ScanningMinimizer
- So it shall be refactored and reintegrated into the minimizer selection
- 15:48 Refactoring #1549 (Waiting): rename class FitSuite
- 13:23 Refactoring #1549: rename class FitSuite
I don't like FitController that much. It is also hard to explain users, why we have renamed FitSuite to something e...
- 12:51 Refactoring #1549: rename class FitSuite
- I vote for FitController
- 15:47 Refactoring #1550 (Sprint): in .h file header comments, replace »Declares« by »Defines«
- Yes, replace »Declares« by »Defines«.
Remove ' // inheriting from'.
- 12:49 Refactoring #1550: in .h file header comments, replace »Declares« by »Defines«
- Not related to this one, but to headers auto-update procedure.
* where can I find code tools used for code auto up...
- 15:46 Feature #1554 (Backlog): provide script to update Python files upon name changes in BornAgain
- As one-time solution.
Later on, for lighter changes, backward compatibility should be ensured differently: obsolete ...
- 15:42 Feature #1561 (Rejected): merge FTDistribution.. and FTDecayFunction..
- They are different.
* Distributions are pdf's, normalized to integral=1.
* Decay functions do have f(0)=1.
- 15:41 Feature #1564 (Sprint): split "Pi.h" from Units.h
- There is definitely no PI in the C++11 standard, so we go for Pi.h.
- 15:25 Refactoring #1569: rename hard particle form factors
- After first discussion, tendency to answer the $-question with yes: In principle, special cases of generic shapes mer...
- 15:22 Refactoring #1565 (Sprint): to associate units with parameters, use string instead of inheritance
- member variable of type string is perhaps not the best solution, but in any case a valid first approximation, and wil...
- 13:47 Refactoring #1557 (Rejected): FitParameterLinked causes weird coupling
- refactoring done under other issue
- 13:03 Bug #1574 (Rejected): Find the way of comfort work in Qt creator in the absence of some headers
- After removal of WinDllMacros.h from all headers (in the favor of its automatic include via cmake compilation keys), ...
Also available in: Atom