From 30 Aug 2016 to 28 Sep 2016
28 Sep 2016
- 23:31 Feature #981 (Backlog): update refractive index when varying wavelength in GUI real time activity
- 23:18 Documentation #1519: Linking failure of Ubuntu with Python installed via Anaconda bundle
- Not a bug on our side.
We should not even attempt to hard code ways to deal with such badly configured systems.
- 23:08 Bug #1518 (Rejected): Build failure on Ubuntu with static version of fftw3 library
- Searching /usr/local/lib before /usr/lib is intentional, and adequate: it gives the local admin the chance to overrul...
- 21:44 Refactoring #1456: Automatize update of Py Examples
- if the examples remain under Drupal, it's not me who will automatize their maintenance
- 21:25 Bug #1603 (Resolved): GUI: Cancel job is not working anymore after the refactoring of ProgressHan...
- Greatly simplified in 333338ad8989, and display of partial results restored. This should fully resolve the issue.
- 20:20 Bug #1603: GUI: Cancel job is not working anymore after the refactoring of ProgressHandler, GUI r...
- TODO: simplify! Since we query progess->alive() very often, there is no more need for the same information to be tran...
- 14:59 Bug #1603 (Sprint): GUI: Cancel job is not working anymore after the refactoring of ProgressHandl...
- * -Gennady clearly sees slow down when comparing with 'master'- unrelated with progress handler
* -Reaction to cance...
- 12:09 Bug #1603 (Resolved): GUI: Cancel job is not working anymore after the refactoring of ProgressHan...
- Resolved in 27f8c9d (pull request 14). Cancellation works. Slow-down cannot be confirmed.
27 Sep 2016
- 18:16 Bug #1603: GUI: Cancel job is not working anymore after the refactoring of ProgressHandler, GUI r...
- let me try ...
- 16:30 Refactoring #1604: move expected inaccuracy (m_variability) out of class OutputData
- to be investigated in the context of examples / functional tests
- 16:18 Refactoring #1471 (Resolved): Revise user example demonstrating BornAgain usage from C++
- Resolved in 33e970a: Example can be compiled, and generates simulated detector image that can be visualized with our ...
- 16:12 Refactoring #1471 (Sprint): Revise user example demonstrating BornAgain usage from C++
- 09:14 Testing #1609 (Resolved): Clarify relation between PyPersistence tests and tutorial examples
At the very beginning of the project we had only few examples explaining, how to use BornAgain. Shortly after, they...
23 Sep 2016
- 13:01 Refactoring #1605 (Resolved): Revise public API of fitting classes
- 11:38 Refactoring #1469 (Backlog): Package Multifit-Suite as separate library
- Within #1466 and #1605 FitKernel was moved on board of Fit library. Now it is possible to find the minimum of arbitra...
- 11:08 Bug #1515 (Sprint): GUI: error in determination of size of imported tiff file causes crash of fit...
- 11:01 Refactoring #1535: rm intermediate directory 'coregui'
- * GUI/coregui directory contains everything to build a shared library libBornAgainGUI.
> it is used for unit testing...
- 10:43 Refactoring #1551 (Resolved): rename directory RootWrapper/ and files therein
19 Sep 2016
- 10:57 Documentation #1282: Drupal: unique form of persistent page URLs
- For the record:
* URL optimization -> https://moz.com/blog/15-seo-best-practices-for-structuring-urls
- 10:55 Documentation #1282 (Waiting): Drupal: unique form of persistent page URLs
- Almost completely done, except for quite a number of Python script pages, which may go to LaTeX. Therefore put to "wa...
17 Sep 2016
- 15:25 Configuration #1344 (Resolved): MacOS: install buildslave to macmini
- 15:25 Configuration #1255 (Resolved): MacOS: provide vagrant build configurations for Mavericks
- 15:23 Refactoring #1588 (Resolved): FitSuiteParameters inhibits Python iterator
16 Sep 2016
14 Sep 2016
- 16:20 Refactoring #1604: move expected inaccuracy (m_variability) out of class OutputData
- Agree that current solution is unsatisfactory. It's not a bug though.
Set to low priority because possibly we need...
- 16:14 Feature #1562 (Backlog): Provide ISample with possibility to export parameter tree in Python dict...
- (Manual revision has higher priority for me)
- 16:12 Refactoring #1440 (Resolved): cover Python examples by functional tests
- Basically resolved; remaining work is part of Manual revision.
- 15:53 Refactoring #1456 (Sprint): Automatize update of Py Examples
- 15:51 Documentation #945 (Rejected): Drupal: add prototype of new content to represent PythonAPI items
- -> LaTeX
- 15:49 Envelope task #1606 (Archived): === Manual and Examples ===
- 15:48 Documentation #1183 (Rejected): Drupal: provide labels (NEW, UPDATED) for book pages
- Obsoleted by decision to move to LaTeX.
Once the LaTeX doc has reached a decent state, we'll naturally come back to ...
- 15:42 Documentation #1590 (Rejected): Update to drupal 8
- 15:42 Documentation #1590 (Resolved): Update to drupal 8
- duplicates #1451
- 15:37 Configuration #1447 (Resolved): Migrate to GitHub
- Disabled access to BornAgain.git at apps, and moved the repository to 00_RETIRED.
This completes migration to GitHub.
- 14:54 Feature #1475 (Resolved): DOI for BornAgain
- Zenodo gave us 10.5281/zenodo.154015 for one specific version, bornagain-1.6.2+.
Not sure this is exactly what we wa...
- 13:09 Documentation #1412 (Resolved): avoid horizontal scrolling in code examples
* by enforcing maximum line width of 85 through functional test PyExamplesLineLength, and
* by migrating a...
13 Sep 2016
- 21:32 Revision 06a0b373: Short subsection on C++ API basically ready. Prototypical include of Py exampl...
11 Sep 2016
- 22:39 Revision 23b7e6ca: Py API fig ready
- 21:13 Revision ad7fb0ae: continue section on Py API; improve fig; start new fig
- 17:06 Revision 377a5dfc: satisfactory layout of part / chapter
- 13:50 Revision 910e4e77: In new concept, no more need for chapter on online docs. Don't waste 1 or two ...
09 Sep 2016
- 15:32 Refactoring #1605 (Archived): Revise public API of fitting classes
The main goal of this item is a minimal revision of public API of fitting classes (Core/Fitting/* and Fit/* directo...
- 15:09 Refactoring #1466 (Resolved): Refactor core Minimizer family to match the GUI presentation
- 13:21 Refactoring #1604 (Resolved): move expected inaccuracy (m_variability) out of class OutputData
To my opinion, the OutputData class is our key data structure related to the storage of binned data. It should not ...
08 Sep 2016
07 Sep 2016
06 Sep 2016
- 18:02 Revision 6cb55d10: Merge branch 'manual' of a:BornAgain into manual
- 17:54 Revision 21530e26: + architecture drawing
- 09:49 Revision 0e3d6c97: Start three-part structure: Physics, Usage, Reference
- 09:47 Revision 96fdb5be: Start three-part structure: Physics, Usage, Reference
05 Sep 2016
- 17:56 Bug #1603 (Archived): GUI: Cancel job is not working anymore after the refactoring of ProgressHan...
*Problem I: cancel job is not working*
How to reproduce:
* start new GUI
* drag and drop sample to sample ca...
- 17:32 Revision 84cd1172: Naive fix for template type deduction error on clang/macos.
- 09:50 Bug #1600 (Resolved): PyPersistenceTest throws an exception from regex
- Resolved in f9dca13.
- 09:41 Bug #1600: PyPersistenceTest throws an exception from regex
- ok, let's go or boost/regex
- 09:23 Bug #1600: PyPersistenceTest throws an exception from regex
- OpenSuse 42.1 is a pretty modern distribution. If even I (the developer) is not able to compile on it without additio...
- 09:49 Revision f9dca138: Use boost::regex instead of std::regex (we still support gcc4.8, which is not ...
03 Sep 2016
- 13:43 Envelope task #1602 (In Progress): == CMake configuration, dependences ==
- 13:36 Feature #1525 (Rejected): consider parameters of types int, enum, bool
- Structure is ready to accomodate such parameters. Further implementation must be driven by a use case ...
- 13:27 Envelope task #428 (Archived): == IsGISAXS coverage ==
- 13:21 Refactoring #1594: Review and possibly refactor IFormFactor class hierarchy
- This is related to #409, right?
- 12:36 Revision c5f3988d: No longer delete unit test binary after unsuccessful run. This resolves #1601.
- 12:34 Feature #1601 (Resolved): Unit test executable is removed by cmake if test fails
- Resolved in c5f3988.
After each recompilation, all stage 0 unit tests are rerun. This is slightly inconvenient, bu...
- 12:32 Feature #1601 (Sprint): Unit test executable is removed by cmake if test fails
02 Sep 2016
- 20:22 Revision 573319a7: would solve #1601, but introduces new inconvenience - to be investigated further
- 19:46 Bug #1600: PyPersistenceTest throws an exception from regex
- Dependence on regex has come in because dependence on glob.h had to be removed; glob.h had to be removed because it i...
- 17:54 Bug #1600 (Archived): PyPersistenceTest throws an exception from regex
Every PyPersistenceTest fails with ...
- 18:08 Feature #1601 (Resolved): Unit test executable is removed by cmake if test fails
I'm observing following behavior.
If unit test fails (e.g. with segmentation fault) - CMake machinery automatica...
01 Sep 2016
- 18:00 Revision cff8360f: Levenberg-Marquardt minimizer is implemented in GUI
- 17:30 Revision 4996ad58: Simulated annealing implemented in GUI
- 16:55 Revision 6fe21342: GeneticMinimizerItem has now options as in its domain counterpart
- 16:15 Revision 865de297: Fixed bug in SimulationView with non-multilayer items appearing in "Select Sam...
- 15:52 Revision 07d48228: GSL error translation is moved to MinimizerUtils
- 15:42 Revision 9ff4734f: GSLMultiMinimizerItem has now options ready as in its domain counterpart
- 15:11 Revision 3ffc7181: MinuitMinimizerItem has now options ready as in its domain counterpart.
- 13:17 Revision f3dfb128: GUI switched to new domain MinimizerCatalogue
31 Aug 2016
- 00:12 Revision ba34ba06: Merge branch 'tmp' into develop
- 00:09 Bug #1467 (Resolved): Remove memory leakages from functional test machinery
- 00:09 Bug #1467: Remove memory leakages from functional test machinery
- Memory leak in I/O machinery confirmed, located, and fixed in 4765dcd.
- 00:07 Bug #1467 (Sprint): Remove memory leakages from functional test machinery
- 00:07 Revision 4765dcdd: fix long-standing memory leak in I/O machinery
- 23:59 Revision 0eb171f5: repair "Conditional jump or move depends on uninitialised value(s)" detected b...
- 23:12 Refactoring #1407 (Long Term Idea): rotate the sample, not Q
- 23:11 Refactoring #1541 (Backlog): review areAlmostEqual and get_relative_difference
- With ba2dff7f2, the non-monotonicity in |b| is cured.
The remaining questions are less urgent.
- 22:44 Refactoring #1304 (Resolved): Unify treatment of numeric constants.
- Units.h now only contains physical units.
Complex constants should be locally in math-heavy files.
- 22:24 Refactoring #1304: Unify treatment of numeric constants.
- M_PI is used in several third-party sources. We do not want to patch them. Therefore we *cannot* get rid of M_PI. We ...
- 22:30 Revision b7952fc2: mv Pi.h -> MathConstants.h
- 22:18 Revision 801021f3: 2*M_PI -> M_TWOPI
- 22:16 Revision ac1d8bb0: Use standard macros M_PI, M_PI_2 etc instead of Pi::PI etc. This resolves (or ...
- 20:58 Revision d19fef66: merge common methods into Simulation.
- 18:24 Revision f99a793d: Fit functional tests are restored
- 17:35 Feature #1599 (Rejected): provide another suite of functional tests: simulate on different grids,...
- 17:30 Refactoring #1428 (Resolved): Compactify code that handles parameters (use abstract mechanism ins...
- Resolved as far as RealParameters are concerned.
Unifying the treatment of ICompositeSample's children and IParame...
- 17:27 Revision 509008df: Merge branch 'tmp' into develop
- 17:26 Revision 95945eff: MinimizerFactory switched to new catalogue.
- 17:24 Revision d0ae55bf: mv ComponentParameter.cpp -> unused/; regenerated XML
- 17:20 Revision 0d5f89ea: merge common members m_instrument, m_intensity_map into Simulation
- 17:19 Revision 08def293: corr: need also to change in ignores.i
- 17:16 Revision 3481b0e6: addParametersToExternalPool: arg1 -> const &
- 17:16 Revision 0768749b: minor
- 17:16 Revision 998bcd74: Little improvements; new files ComponentParameter.* still unused.
- 17:14 Revision 6cad2ab7: correct op==
- 17:12 Revision 5e8e5724: improve class comments
- 17:12 Revision 6bd82fbf: IParameter is now INoncopyable.
- 17:08 Revision 59494421: pass parent_name and onChange instead of parent: IParameter needs not to know ...
- 17:08 Refactoring #1598 (Rejected): decide on policy for incomplete ICompositeSample descendant constru...
- Descendants of ICompositeSample typically need one or more children to be defined before a simulation can be run. Pre...
- 15:19 Revision 7effefa1: split IParameter from RealParameter.
- 15:12 Revision ea816f09: minor (this and previous commits accidentally in develop)
- 15:10 Revision cf7f6403: raise error upon invalid parameter value
- 12:18 Refactoring #1597 (Rejected): One Simulation should be concerned with no more than one sample
- Keep SampleBuilder machinery out of class Simulation.
- 12:16 Refactoring #1596 (Rejected): handle variable instance names differently from fixed class names (...
- INamed is conceptually unclear. It's mostly holds the constant class name, but occasionally is used for a variable in...
- 10:30 Revision 1fae7e69: merge common members m_instrument, m_intensity_map into Simulation
- 09:24 Revision fe177633: corr: need also to change in ignores.i
- 08:37 Revision ae0f0508: addParametersToExternalPool: arg1 -> const &
30 Aug 2016
- 19:24 Revision 7e4ced1e: minor
- 16:31 Revision 78af69b0: New MinimizerCatalogue
- 13:57 Revision 1f3238f7: Merge branch 'parptr' into develop (after accidentally working in develop)
- 13:39 Revision d4599532: minor (this and previous commits accidentally in develop)
- 12:58 Revision d8abfcac: Particle() = delete; use delegate constructors.
- 11:49 Revision 0da7cb78: rm unused Layer::setMaterial
- 11:44 Revision 2074db88: use delegate constructor to simplify
- 11:37 Revision 8aab9213: raise error upon invalid parameter value
- 11:24 Revision 0cfce63e: delete unused Layer()
- 11:12 Revision 367cc5b5: rm unused return value
- 09:52 Revision b0603712: Little improvements; new files ComponentParameter.* still unused.
- 09:24 Revision b00bb635: rm unused
- 09:22 Revision e3e734bf: correct op==
- 09:20 Revision f4c5fadb: improve class comments
Also available in: Atom