From 25 Oct 2016 to 23 Nov 2016
23 Nov 2016
- 15:00 Configuration #1665 (Rejected): Take swig-generated Python wrappers out of git repository
- Little API changes cause huge changes of the swig-generated wrappers.
This bloats the git file system, and in partic...
- 11:02 Bug #1664 (Resolved): FitSuite.runFit() crashes with unclear error message
- When no fit parameters are added, runFit() crashes. On Windows, it does this without printing a clear message indicat...
22 Nov 2016
- 17:58 Refactoring #1650 (Resolved): Designation "ROOT" (or "Root" or "BA_ROOT") should not be used for ...
- Gennady's comments used to extend class header comments in b0e128d0c.
- 14:36 Refactoring #1650: Designation "ROOT" (or "Root" or "BA_ROOT") should not be used for code other ...
> Why are other minimizers wrapped by code in a directory "RootAdapter", and enclosed in a namespace "BA_ROOT"?
- 15:53 Bug #1662 (Resolved): CMake: require Qt version 5.4
Triggered by Qt 5.3.1 which is the system one on Ubuntu 14.04.4 and doesn't compile on BornAgain because of QMargin...
- 15:48 Refactoring #1660 (Sprint): remove global functions
- 10:59 Refactoring #1660: remove global functions
- Moving global functions to scope-limited functions is a good refactoring. Moving them to class methods increases the ...
- 10:33 Refactoring #1660 (Resolved): remove global functions
- Now listed under Doxygen tab "Globals".
Some global functions are actually used in one file only => enclose them in ...
- 15:16 Bug #1661 (Resolved): FitSuite doesn't know about TestMinimizer
During last minimizer refactoring I've lost TestMinimizer, which is the favorite of Dominique.
Following lines a...
- 10:01 Refactoring #1659 (Resolved): rename PixelMap -> Pixel
- It's not only about the mapping [0,1]x[0,1] -> K.
It also contains a function solidAngle(), which is a global proper...
- 09:59 Refactoring #1651 (Resolved): remove last occurences of "using namespace BornAgain"
- resolved in 2d3c4
- 09:31 Bug #1658 (Resolved): add qt5-svg as a dependency
- The qt5 svg libraries are a runtime dependency of BornAgain GUI, but not a compile-time dependency. On Arch linux for...
21 Nov 2016
- 11:01 Refactoring #1652 (Resolved): Sort namespaces, and provide Doxygen comments
- 11:01 Refactoring #1652: Sort namespaces, and provide Doxygen comments
- Resolved in 6979a3c35e
20 Nov 2016
- 14:50 Documentation #1654 (Resolved): Update "Working with Python scripts" to new style "import bornaga...
- http://bornagainproject.org/documentation/usage/scripting/basic_simulation_tutorial and the other pages under http://...
- 13:55 Feature #1653 (Resolved): Outcome of BornAgain user meetings in November
Given issue contains a collection of user requests, observations discovered during Hamburg/Munich BornAgain tutoria...
- 10:43 Refactoring #1652 (Sprint): Sort namespaces, and provide Doxygen comments
- * No need for namespace "Geometry"
* Namespace "Materials" contains only one function, which should be converted int...
- 10:41 Refactoring #1652 (Resolved): Sort namespaces, and provide Doxygen comments
- 10:40 Refactoring #1651 (Resolved): remove last occurences of "using namespace BornAgain"
- Use of "using namespace" should be restricted to cases where a namespace is heavily used in a specific source file. T...
- 10:20 Configuration #1175: Provide official debian package
- For acceptance in Debian, the source tree must be patched by deleting the third-party code, which instead will be pro...
- 10:14 Configuration #1615: in each third-party source directory, provide information about used downloa...
- ROOT code is patched by substituting the namespace name "BA_ROOT" for "ROOT".
Are there other patches in the ThirdPa...
- 10:11 Refactoring #1650 (Resolved): Designation "ROOT" (or "Root" or "BA_ROOT") should not be used for ...
- To avoid confusion, ROOT should stand for CERN ROOT, and nothing else.
Why are other minimizers wrapped by code in a...
19 Nov 2016
- 19:41 Bug #1641: histogram2d test fails under certain configurations
- On a fresh Arch installation I re-encountered this problem with gcc+Python3 so it may not be limited to clang.
- 17:28 Refactoring #1649 (Resolved): Ensure consistent use of ambientMaterial
- Is ambientMaterial==nullptr allowed?
If no, prevent it from ever occuring.
If yes, make sure we don't call *ambient...
17 Nov 2016
- 19:59 Bug #1646 (Rejected): Reversed order numpy array
- Since version 1.6 (I think) the returned array from the simulation result using .getArray() is reversed in the first ...
16 Nov 2016
- 18:51 Feature #720 (Rejected): Provide OpenMPI support in FitSuite
- Since our model evaluation is parallelized, there is no case for parallelizing the enveloping fit routine.
- 18:45 Documentation #1638 (Backlog): Manual: Improve / restore side bar navigation
- Actually, the side bar navigation is there in the online manual.
Nice to have: by default, expand to section level...
- 18:42 Feature #1004: GUI: revise tooltips in all GUI elements
- Nice to have, even important, but not high priority
- 18:27 Refactoring #1582 (Sprint): Correct model for dense particles on surface
- 18:18 Feature #1645 (Rejected): == Graded layer and cross-layer particles ==
- Urgently requested by E13, and promised to them.
- 18:09 Feature #300 (Long Term Idea): Investigate alternatives to Monte-Carlo computation of non-analyti...
- 18:04 Documentation #1451 (Rejected): update to Drupal 8
- Not clear whether Drupal 8 is mature enough and worth the move.
Anyway, this upgrade is not an aim in itself, but ...
- 18:01 Envelope task #1606 (Archived): === Manual and Examples ===
- merged with #966 Theory & Manual
- 17:40 Documentation #1644 (Rejected): "User Login" block on homepage should explain _why_ to create acc...
- ... namely, to be able to post to the forum and to subscribe to our newletter (low traffic).
Question: what sounds...
- 17:29 Support #852 (Rejected): Make GUI available at JCNS servers
- I added one step to our release procedures: submit installation request to the IT issue tracker. This is all we shoul...
- 15:19 Documentation #976 (In Progress): Derive scalar and polarized wave equation for both X-rays and n...
- 15:18 Feature #163 (Sprint): implement IsGISAXS Example 14 (graded layer)
- Urgently needed by E13. I promised them we will deliver soon.
- 12:33 Testing #1609: Clarify relation between PyPersistence tests and tutorial examples
- I'll try to work out a solution along Gennady's proposal of writing test wrappers around old-style tutorial examples.
- 12:27 Documentation #1628 (Resolved): Can't clone git repositiory
- Web docs now clearly refer to the new repository location. Hopefully this solves the issue.
- 10:54 Bug #1641: histogram2d test fails under certain configurations
- I have just tested clang+Python2 on Yakkety and there seems to be no problem. So the issue is restricted clang+Python3.
- 10:32 Bug #1641 (Resolved): histogram2d test fails under certain configurations
- The test histogram2d.py fails under certain configurations (see buildbot). On my Arch setup it fails for clang+Python...
15 Nov 2016
- 12:19 Configuration #1640 (Backlog): Doxygen generation on apps server not compatible anymore with link...
- Doxygen now generates all html in ./html/std, while all the links on our website refer to ./html
14 Nov 2016
- 18:04 Bug #1639 (Sprint): GUI: crash if fitting parameter removed
- Removal of parameter link from fit parameter, while keeping fit parameter alive for following re-use, is intended beh...
- 17:56 Bug #1639 (Resolved): GUI: crash if fitting parameter removed
- To reproduce:
create a project, load the experimental data. Add fit parameter, then remove it (see screenshot). Run ...
- 16:57 Documentation #1638 (Rejected): Manual: Improve / restore side bar navigation
- Side bar in HTML version does not show contents below Part level. Side bar navigation in PDF reader is also broken (r...
- 16:56 Bug #1637 (Rejected): GUI: just loaded fitting project appears as already changed
Just loaded project appears as changed - i.e. project name is "*Untitled" instead of "Untitled". Attempt to quit fr...
- 16:52 Bug #1634 (Resolved): MacOS dmg 1.7 installation is partly broken
- 13:40 Bug #1636 (Rejected): Unexpected wavelength depent intensity Roughness vs. ParticleLayout
- When implementing a DWBA model I would expect the intensities of the structure factors to mostly depend (in first ord...
12 Nov 2016
11 Nov 2016
- 17:54 Refactoring #1468 (Rfc): Migrate to stdexcept
- So first we need to discuss what kind of logging we want.
- 16:54 Documentation #1141: Manual: describe multi layers
- Basic reference comes with manual 1.7-1.
- 16:45 Refactoring #1548 (Rejected): choose name for fit library
- not worth a separate ticket
- 16:21 Bug #1634 (Resolved): MacOS dmg 1.7 installation is partly broken
GUI is working, but python example not. Some @rpath problem while loading _libBornAgainCore.so
- 14:48 Bug #1630 (Archived): Monte Carlo and multithreading options are not propagated to GUI fitting
- 14:48 Bug #1583 (Archived): PyPersist tests fail if build directory path contains a '.'
- 14:48 Documentation #1589 (Archived): Clone drupal website
- 14:48 Configuration #1595 (Archived): Fix Windows builds
- 14:48 Refactoring #1605 (Archived): Revise public API of fitting classes
- 14:48 Feature #1620 (Archived): Extend numpy support
- 14:48 Bug #1621 (Archived): Broken parameter name translation for certain names in GUI fitting job
- 14:48 Feature #1513 (Archived): Provide more informational throw message from RealParameterWrapper.
- 14:48 Bug #1558 (Archived): Memory leakges in Python on Simulation::getIntensityData call
- 14:48 Refactoring #1565 (Archived): to associate units with parameters, use string instead of inheritance
- 14:48 Bug #1576 (Archived): bornagain/__init__.py must not require matplotlib
- 14:48 Configuration #1577 (Archived): Qt qcreator navigation/recognition is broken for all unit tests
- 14:48 Refactoring #1428 (Archived): Compactify code that handles parameters (use abstract mechanism ins...
- 14:48 Bug #1498 (Archived): Fitting in GUI: values for all fitting parameters are reported as the same
- 14:48 Bug #1511 (Archived): Roughness simulations give incorrect scattering contribution below the samp...
- 14:48 Bug #1512 (Archived): GUI crashes when simulating for a lognormal distribution of wavelength with...
- 14:48 Refactoring #1524 (Archived): "FitSuite" currently used in two different meanings
- 14:48 Refactoring #1526 (Archived): replace "FunctionalTest" by more specific terms in several test mac...
- 14:48 Documentation #991 (Archived): Revise and reintegrate chapter on particle distributions
- 14:22 Documentation #991 (Resolved): Revise and reintegrate chapter on particle distributions
- 14:48 Refactoring #1477 (Archived): Provide more detailed info on Exception thrown from Polyhedron base...
- 14:48 Bug #1499 (Archived): GUI Segmentation fault if layer is too thick
- 14:48 Refactoring #1546 (Archived): disambiguate getRadius()
- 14:48 Refactoring #1593 (Archived): Remove soft particle constructors that have a volume argument inste...
- 14:48 Feature #1120 (Archived): Calculate the specular peak intensity: |R|^2 at the specular pixel
- 14:48 Documentation #1351 (Archived): Drupal: update installation instructions, tutorials for coming re...
- 14:48 Documentation #1351 (Resolved): Drupal: update installation instructions, tutorials for coming re...
- 14:48 Feature #1573 (Archived): facilitate plotting from Python scripts exported by PyCore tests.
- 14:48 Refactoring #1594 (Archived): Review and possibly refactor IFormFactor class hierarchy
- 14:48 Refactoring #1440 (Archived): cover Python examples by functional tests
- 14:48 Feature #1560 (Archived): Provide simulation running from Python with text version of progress bar
- 14:48 Feature #1563 (Archived): Investigate time-of-life of SampleBuilder in Python context
- 14:48 Bug #1571 (Archived): PyCoreTest overlooks complete obstruction of simulation
- 14:48 Refactoring #1419 (Archived): move test code out of core
- 14:48 Refactoring #1514 (Archived): Remove code duplication in Distributions.h and .cpp
- 14:48 Refactoring #1527 (Archived): simplify containsMagneticMaterial, printSampleTree, genPyScript
- 14:48 Refactoring #1550 (Archived): in .h file header comments, replace »Declares« by »Defines«
- 14:48 Refactoring #1556 (Archived): FormFactorInfo: remove unused m_pos_x, m_pos_y
- 14:48 Feature #1564 (Archived): split "Pi.h" from Units.h
- 14:48 Refactoring #1487 (Archived): GUI: introduce ROI (region of interest) in MaskEditor
- 14:48 Refactoring #1488 (Archived): GUI: provide integration of ImportDataView and InstrumentView
- 14:48 Bug #1520 (Archived): GUI: global progress bar seems to be not updating
- 14:48 Bug #1603 (Archived): GUI: Cancel job is not working anymore after the refactoring of ProgressHan...
- 14:48 Documentation #1412 (Archived): avoid horizontal scrolling in code examples
- 14:48 Configuration #1447 (Archived): Migrate to GitHub
- 14:48 Feature #1475 (Archived): DOI for BornAgain
- 14:48 Bug #1600 (Archived): PyPersistenceTest throws an exception from regex
- 14:48 Configuration #1255 (Archived): MacOS: provide vagrant build configurations for Mavericks
- 14:48 Configuration #1344 (Archived): MacOS: install buildslave to macmini
- 14:48 Configuration #1501 (Archived): version tag must start with 'v' (change release script or instruc...
- 14:48 Bug #1516 (Archived): Consider include of ms-win-runtime library into Windows installer
- 14:48 Documentation #1517 (Archived): Add the case with missed msvc2015 runtime library on Windows syst...
- 14:48 Refactoring #1542 (Archived): Make ParameterPool and RealParameter independent of IParameterized
- 14:48 Feature #1543 (Archived): decouple FitKernel from FitSuite
- 14:48 Refactoring #1588 (Archived): FitSuiteParameters inhibits Python iterator
- 14:48 Refactoring #1466 (Archived): Refactor core Minimizer family to match the GUI presentation
- 14:42 Bug #1633 (Resolved): Possible memory leakage in LayerStrategyBuilder.
Is reported by both, MacOS/Instruments and Linux/valgrind, and it is around LayerStrategyBuilder::collectFormFactor...
- 14:23 Refactoring #1432 (Backlog): final polish of polyhedral form factor
- 14:22 Documentation #157 (Resolved): full documentation of implemented theory for para- and mesocrystals
- 14:22 Documentation #157 (Sprint): full documentation of implemented theory for para- and mesocrystals
- 14:20 Documentation #1414 (Backlog): regenerate form factor images in manual
- 13:28 Bug #1629: GISASSimulatin setAnalyzerProperties total_transmission default parameter generates Ex...
- The type of analyzed neutrons (+ or - with respect to the given vector) changes according to the sign of P.
- 12:51 Bug #1629: GISASSimulatin setAnalyzerProperties total_transmission default parameter generates Ex...
- Different Solution:
Why not use the physically more suitable definition of a transmission of the analyzed neutrons? ...
- 12:23 Bug #1629: GISASSimulatin setAnalyzerProperties total_transmission default parameter generates Ex...
- I agree that default values should not throw exceptions. The problem here is that efficiency and total transmission a...
- 11:53 Bug #1629: GISASSimulatin setAnalyzerProperties total_transmission default parameter generates Ex...
- I think if you keep a default value, that should never through an exception. My feeling is, that in typical experimen...
- 11:41 Bug #1629 (Backlog): GISASSimulatin setAnalyzerProperties total_transmission default parameter ge...
- Its not entirely clear to me what should be the desired behavior here. Analyzer efficiency and total transmission are...
- 12:22 Bug #1632 (Resolved): GUI: delete button doesn't work on MacBook for masks on ImportDataView
- 11:13 Feature #1631 (Backlog): No impact of abundance optional argument in ParticleLayout addParticle m...
- The abundance parameter passed in the addParticle method denotes a relative abundance. The relative abundances of the...
- 10:32 Feature #1631 (Rejected): No impact of abundance optional argument in ParticleLayout addParticle ...
- The class ParticleLayout has the addParticle method, which takes the particle abundance as optional second parameter....
- 08:50 Configuration #1500 (Backlog): MacOS: provide vagrant test box for El Capitan
- 08:49 Documentation #1014 (Backlog): Manual: describe simulation with distributed parameters
09 Nov 2016
- 19:21 Documentation #976: Derive scalar and polarized wave equation for both X-rays and neutrons, and c...
- Commit e73cef8 adds a manual section on X-ray propagation.
Still to do:
* derive polarization factors for X-rays
- 15:07 Refactoring #1625 (Rejected): merge classes ILayout and ParticleLayout
- OK, thanks. I'll improve the class comment, and add a "to consider" note about the possible refactoring.
08 Nov 2016
- 17:44 Feature #1620 (Resolved): Extend numpy support
- 10:23 Feature #1620 (Sprint): Extend numpy support
- Will quickly implement it, to simplify my tutorial's explanations.
- 13:16 Bug #1630 (Resolved): Monte Carlo and multithreading options are not propagated to GUI fitting
- 12:02 Bug #1630 (Archived): Monte Carlo and multithreading options are not propagated to GUI fitting
- 09:51 Documentation #1628: Can't clone git repositiory
- We have migrated to GitHub and will make an announcement in the next days,
meanwhile, please use
- 08:49 Documentation #1628 (Resolved): Can't clone git repositiory
- When trying the command from the Download documentation it is not possible to clone the git repository:
$ git clon...
- 09:06 Bug #1629 (Rejected): GISASSimulatin setAnalyzerProperties total_transmission default parameter g...
- When simulating polarizatio analysis experiments the setAnalyzerProperties method with parameters (kvector_t, 1.0, to...
- 08:47 Bug #1627 (Rejected): python API kvector_t missing basic operator
- The python class interface to kvector_t is missing the basic subtract (__sub__) and divide (__div__) methods necessar...
07 Nov 2016
- 16:18 Bug #1626 (Rejected): Specular calculation gives weird results below critical angle in presence o...
- See support script for Frielinghaus (intern)
- 15:18 Feature #1620: Extend numpy support
- See also sc-intern/technologies/python-bindings/swig/numpy for an example of automatic conversion numpy arras -> pyth...
- 14:08 Feature #1620: Extend numpy support
- See https://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/reference/swig.interface-file.html for numpy support in swig
- 11:34 Bug #1621 (Resolved): Broken parameter name translation for certain names in GUI fitting job
- 11:08 Refactoring #1625: merge classes ILayout and ParticleLayout
- No need to merge. First of all, ILayout should define the interface for adding 'stuff' to layers or multilayers (open...
04 Nov 2016
- 15:43 Refactoring #1625 (Rejected): merge classes ILayout and ParticleLayout
- or what other child of ILayout is waiting for implementation?
- 15:38 Feature #31: Implement x-ray polarization factor
- The polarization factor described in the IsGISAXS manual holds only for phi_i=phi_f. Instead, we should immediately g...
02 Nov 2016
- 15:47 Feature #1624 (Resolved): Make all reasonable parameter values into fittable parameter
- Some values are not registered yet in the domain, like particle density, abundance, ...
Complete the list of possibl...
- 15:45 Refactoring #1623 (Resolved): Parameter name translation (GUI -> domain)
- The machinery now sits in static class methods and uses (possibly multiple) ParameterTranslators. This should be hand...
- 08:09 Refactoring #1622: avoid smart pointers in user API
SampleBuilder is, to my knowledge, is the only such usage in public API and it is somewhat special. It can be defin...
01 Nov 2016
- 17:40 Refactoring #1622 (Rejected): avoid smart pointers in user API
- While drafting an introductory Reference chapter, I wonder whether we want to expose a C++ API like...
- 13:41 Bug #1621 (Archived): Broken parameter name translation for certain names in GUI fitting job
GUI fitting job is crashing when trying to fit following properties
* MultiLayer "Cross correlation length"
27 Oct 2016
- 15:42 Feature #1563 (Resolved): Investigate time-of-life of SampleBuilder in Python context
- All different use cases should now be possible without issues regarding object ownership. With many thanks to our swi...
- 12:20 Refactoring #1488 (Resolved): GUI: provide integration of ImportDataView and InstrumentView
26 Oct 2016
- 17:48 Feature #1563: Investigate time-of-life of SampleBuilder in Python context
- Item 2 is also solved
- 11:27 Configuration #1496: Switch Windows10 buildslave from virtual box to vagrant box
- Windows 10 vm activation solved
- 10:07 Refactoring #1487 (Resolved): GUI: introduce ROI (region of interest) in MaskEditor
Also available in: Atom