From 07 Nov 2016 to 06 Dec 2016
06 Dec 2016
- 17:44 Refactoring #1730 (Resolved): Refactor ICompositeSample hierarchy
- To implement #1624 (#1562 is also related), we might have to provide the following
* Turn lots of ISample into ICo...
- 17:21 Feature #1667 (Resolved): Read DESY/dpdak tiff files to BornAgain GUI
- TiffHandler now reads TIFF files with IEEE float sample format.
- 16:54 Configuration #1729 (Resolved): Fix centos7 CI build on buildbot
- 15:04 Configuration #1544: require libcerf instead of providing ThirdParty/Fadeeva
- It might be advantageous to first provide a C++ version of the library (using C++ std::complex instead of C complex t...
- 12:39 Refactoring #1659 (Resolved): rename PixelMap -> Pixel
- 10:49 Refactoring #1407 (Rejected): rotate the sample, not Q
- Not worth a separate refactoring, but will be done when implementing graded layers, as explained in design proposal.
05 Dec 2016
- 17:27 Refactoring #1659 (Sprint): rename PixelMap -> Pixel
- 17:26 Feature #1669 (Resolved): Allow for multiple form factors (dwba or not) in FromFactorWrapper and ...
- 17:25 Bug #1705 (Rejected): Py Fit crashes for zero fit parameters
- Duplicate of #1664, which is resolved.
- 17:15 Bug #1633 (Resolved): Possible memory leakage in LayerStrategyBuilder.
- 12:35 Feature #1680 (Resolved): Provide 1.7.1 hotfix
- 09:33 Feature #1722 (Long Term Idea): Core: Beyond DWBA: self-absorption correction
- Optional correction for extinction along the incoming and outgoing ray, due to scattering.
- 09:30 Feature #1721 (Rejected): Scattered intensity should depend on beam size and sample size
- The 1/sin(alpha_i) dependence of the scattered intensity is only correct if the beam footprint is smaller than the sa...
02 Dec 2016
- 20:38 Refactoring #1693: Parameterization: Make consequential use of default values in initializer lists.
- Particle also has four constructors (but may be more onerous to refactor):...
- 20:35 Refactoring #1720 (Rejected): Vacuum() instead of HomogeneousMaterial("Air", 0.0, 0.0)
- For accuracy, let's not call it air if the refractive index is zero. Change all examples.
For convenience, provide...
- 19:32 Refactoring #1673: Design proposal for all subtasks under #1645
- started writing, gisas/internal_reports/1611_design_gradedLayers.tex
- 15:33 Documentation #1719 (Rejected): Manual: avoid the word "matrix" for embedding, ambient bulk material
- at few places, confusion with mathematical matrix is not entirely impossible
- 15:15 Configuration #1718 (Backlog): Installer: Windows: Provide alternative installer with debug symbols
Might be an intermediate solution on the way to crash handling.
* We already know how to compile under Windows i...
- 14:57 Documentation #1523 (Resolved): explain numeric value of HomogeneousMagneticMaterial::m_magnetic_...
- Added comment in my current feature branch explaining the numeric value of this prefactor.
- 14:30 Documentation #1523 (Sprint): explain numeric value of HomogeneousMagneticMaterial::m_magnetic_pr...
- 14:46 Bug #1717 (Rejected): Core: GISASSimulation: setBeamParameters and setDetectorParameters have opp...
- For each choice I can guess a reason. Nonetheless it's confusing and potentially misleading.
One solution could be...
- 14:41 Feature #1716 (Rejected): Core: GISASSimulation::setBeamParameter: default value 0 for third para...
- and simplify examples accordingly
- 14:02 Feature #1715 (Backlog): Core API: start sample construction with SlabSample() or FilmSample()
- The semi-infinite bottom and top layers are special. This should be reflected in the API.
- 13:40 Feature #1714 (Rejected): == Enhance functionality ==
- 13:39 Refactoring #1581 (Backlog): get... -> create... if new pointer is returned
- 13:37 Refactoring #1713 (Rejected): light refactoring proposals
- While reading code. Please ignore this for the moment, as I will add more.
* "override" -> "final" in FormFactorDW...
- 13:36 Feature #1712 (Rejected): == Code maintenance ==
- Refactorings that leave functionality invariant. To be done preferably at the beginning of a sprint.
01 Dec 2016
- 17:41 Documentation #1710 (Rejected): Manual: explain particle density
- 17:03 Bug #1633 (Sprint): Possible memory leakage in LayerStrategyBuilder.
- 16:48 Refactoring #1707 (Resolved): refactor LayerStrategyBuilder, DecoratedLayerComputation -> LayoutS...
- These two classes are concerned with a single Layout, not with all layouts in a layer. Therefore:
* Rename them
- 16:43 Feature #1706 (Resolved): Profile simulation with multilayers containing large amount of layers
- Simulation of multilayer structures with more then 30 layers is very slow. It is would be very helpful to find a poss...
- 16:05 Refactoring #1549 (Rejected): rename class FitSuite
- will come up automatically with #1469, no need for action till then
- 15:09 Refactoring #1469 (Long Term Idea): Package Multifit-Suite as separate library
- 14:41 Feature #1653 (Resolved): Outcome of BornAgain user meetings in November
- Resolved into issues #1694 - #1705. Transcribed everything except for
* IPython matplotlib problem (if somebodey can...
- 14:40 Bug #1705 (Sprint): Py Fit crashes for zero fit parameters
- Assigned to sprint since it sounds easy and important.
- 14:40 Bug #1705 (Rejected): Py Fit crashes for zero fit parameters
- If no fit parameters are defined, Python fit crashes. On Windows, it does this without any clear message. So we need ...
- 14:38 Feature #1704 (Backlog): Fit: Revise chi squared module
- Provide examples/functional tests to create custom chi2 module from python. Provide log10, sqrt amplitude function in...
- 14:37 Feature #1703 (Rejected): GUI: provide convenient way to set min,max for relative difference map.
- And probably all other properties of plot on FitView
- 14:35 Feature #1702 (Resolved): Fit: Provide extended print output for fit parameters during iterations.
- Artur pointed out, that we do not have a way to see how many sample parameters are steered by given fit parameter.
- 14:34 Feature #1701 (Rejected): import real-space sample configuration, e.g. from molecular dynamics (m...
- 14:32 Refactoring #1700 (Rejected): Implement FitSuite::printParameters (or ::parametersToString.)
- Now GISASSimulation::printParameters() reports parameter names which are different from what FitSuite has....
- 14:31 Feature #1699 (Rejected): functional tests: Improve MinimizerCatalogue::toString
- While preparing advanced fitting tutorial realized that the existing MinimizerCatalogue::toString provide too little ...
- 14:14 Bug #1681 (Resolved): Fitting GUI: free parameter error
- 13:55 Bug #1681 (Sprint): Fitting GUI: free parameter error
- 14:07 Feature #1698 (Backlog): GUI: save/load detector mask
- 14:04 Feature #1696 (Sprint): GUI: Improve drag-and-drop construction of a MultiLayer.
- I suspect there is a deeper reason for the observed problem, namely the mixed nature of the current sample constructi...
- 13:53 Feature #1696 (Resolved): GUI: Improve drag-and-drop construction of a MultiLayer.
- At the Hamburg and Garching tutorials, many users have been experiencing problems while dropping Layer on top of a Mu...
- 13:52 Bug #1661 (Resolved): FitSuite doesn't know about TestMinimizer
- Fixed, but without providing functional test. Later will be created as separate issue
- 13:51 Refactoring #1082: GUI: provide undo/redo functionality
- This can be done first for sample construction. I think that we have to implement the full fledged "Command" pattern....
- 13:44 Feature #1695 (Rejected): GUI: Implement crash handler, and restoration of state before crash
- During Hamburg and Garching tutorials, there were quite some number of GUI's crashes (about 10-20 per 8 hours of tuto...
- 13:37 Feature #1694 (Rejected): GUI: Provide a way to save fitted image into the file.
- In FitView there is no any button (or right mouse click action) to save fitted image into the file.
- 13:16 Configuration #1635 (Resolved): update to gtest-1.8
- resolved in 9de8f297de
- 13:10 Bug #1674: Possible bug introduced in Polygon in Python context
- Fixed in hotfix. Unit tests still have to be created.
- 13:09 Bug #1662 (Resolved): CMake: require Qt version 5.4
- 13:09 Bug #1692 (Resolved): GUI and Py: simulation crash when sample contains undefined material
- 10:43 Bug #1692: GUI and Py: simulation crash when sample contains undefined material
- Python problem is different one (which I was not aware of, thanks). Should be solved in different way, than in GUI. B...
- 10:33 Bug #1692: GUI and Py: simulation crash when sample contains undefined material
- It's not only a GUI problem.
Take any python example, and change the line...
- 09:33 Bug #1692 (Resolved): GUI and Py: simulation crash when sample contains undefined material
How to reproduce:
* Drag and drop sample from the list of standard samples
* Go to material editor ('m'), remov...
- 13:08 Bug #1658 (Resolved): add qt5-svg as a dependency
- 12:58 Bug #1639 (Resolved): GUI: crash if fitting parameter removed
- 11:46 Refactoring #1693: Parameterization: Make consequential use of default values in initializer lists.
- I think such sequence of constructors with growing list of parameters was because of boost-python bindings. Probably ...
- 11:13 Refactoring #1693 (Rejected): Parameterization: Make consequential use of default values in initi...
- For example, in ParticleLayout.h we currently have three constructors, and four versions of @addParticle@:...
30 Nov 2016
- 13:04 Bug #1689 (Resolved): memory leak in ParameterSample
- 09:43 Bug #1689: memory leak in ParameterSample
- I believe that due to API changes @wl_distr.generateSamples(nsamples, xmin, xmax)@ should instead be something like @...
- 11:07 Feature #1691 (Resolved): Decrease number of warnings produced by Windows build
Currently number of Windows warnings is tremendous, makes it difficult to analyze logs.
* In Release 1.8 Appveyo...
29 Nov 2016
- 16:44 Bug #1689: memory leak in ParameterSample
- It appears that the template @std::vector< ParameterSample > >@ is not being exported by swig. So it should be a simp...
- 16:28 Bug #1689 (Sprint): memory leak in ParameterSample
- 16:14 Bug #1689 (Resolved): memory leak in ParameterSample
- The following simple script...
- 15:03 Documentation #1141: Manual: describe multi layers
- will come back to it later
- 11:38 Bug #1658: add qt5-svg as a dependency
- Resolved in f1de40e, pull request #93.f1de40e
Can be transfered to hotfix branch using git cherry-pick f1de40e.
- 11:22 Bug #1662: CMake: require Qt version 5.4
- In hotfix branch, apply git cherry-pick b4f148
- 11:20 Bug #1662: CMake: require Qt version 5.4
- Solved in b4f14 (pull request #93).
- 10:40 Configuration #1615: Code organisation: in each third-party source directory, provide information...
- The information file shall be called 00_PROVENANCE.
Work on this issue started with gtest-1.8.0.
- 10:39 Configuration #1635: update to gtest-1.8
- Done in 2ff998fba, pull request #92.
- 09:37 Refactoring #1660 (Resolved): remove global functions
- Learned from Walter that not all global functions are bad. Unnecessary globals are mostly removed with pull request #88.
- 09:27 Refactoring #1479 (Rejected): presence of some boost components not checked by cmake
- Rejected for two reasons:
* CMake and Boost are changing so quickly that there is no way for us to provide a lasting...
- 09:00 Feature #1688 (Rejected): == Roughness ==
28 Nov 2016
- 17:06 Bug #1687 (Resolved): LMA is incorrectly normalized
- Fixed in hotfix-1.7.1 branch
- 15:45 Bug #1687 (Resolved): LMA is incorrectly normalized
- When two layouts are attached to one layer, relative abundances are scaled with respect to the sum of all particles, ...
- 17:05 Refactoring #1456 (Rejected): Automatize update of Py Examples
- automatizing is not an aim in itself
- 14:51 Feature #1686 (Rejected): == Release procedures and pre-release actions ==
- 14:32 Configuration #1665 (Rejected): Take swig-generated Python wrappers out of git repository
- Agreed. Restriction of the Python API now requested by #1685.
- 14:07 Configuration #1665: Take swig-generated Python wrappers out of git repository
- Another solution could be to severely limit the public API we export to Python. This would result in regeneration of ...
- 14:31 Refactoring #1685 (Backlog): PythonAPI: Only expose classes/functions that users might need
- The user constructs models, runs simulation, and retrieves results. Nothing else needs to be supported by the Python ...
- 14:25 Feature #1684 (Resolved): nicer layout for firstname.lastname@example.org
- #1238 was archived too early; the announcement of 1.7 still came with no left margin and a fat black top bar.
- 14:16 Feature #1683 (Resolved): GUI: provide persistence of plot settings (interpolation, color scale, ...
- See the request on BornAgain forum:
- 14:13 Refactoring #1604 (Resolved): move expected inaccuracy (m_variability) out of class OutputData
- Resolved in 5baab.
For standard simulations, the expected inaccuracy is hard-coded in StandardSimulationsRegistry.cp...
- 09:22 Feature #1667: Read DESY/dpdak tiff files to BornAgain GUI
- I've got a user permission to upload the data file to redmine.
25 Nov 2016
- 13:32 Bug #1661: FitSuite doesn't know about TestMinimizer
- yes, it was requested and it is easy to fix
- 13:30 Bug #1661: FitSuite doesn't know about TestMinimizer
- hope I understand correctly that this is to go into the hotfix?
- 13:31 Bug #1682 (Resolved): hotfix: rm local version of FindBoost.cmake
- 13:24 Bug #1682 (Resolved): hotfix: rm local version of FindBoost.cmake
- cmake/generic/modules/FindBoost.cmake was created because cmake-3.6 did not recognize boost >= 1.62.
This problem is...
- 13:31 Bug #1679 (Resolved): Remove leading U+FEFF from FindYamlCpp05.cmake => needs hotfix
- 12:10 Bug #1679 (Resolved): Remove leading U+FEFF from FindYamlCpp05.cmake => needs hotfix
- Somehow, a leading unicode mark has slipped into FindYamlCpp05.cmake.
For at least two users, this caused CMake to a...
- 12:32 Bug #1681 (Resolved): Fitting GUI: free parameter error
- Setting fitting parameter as 'free' causes an error (see also the attached screenshot):...
- 12:19 Feature #1680 (Resolved): Provide 1.7.1 hotfix
- See subtasks.
Also it is absolutely necessary to run some Windows simulations next days and try to find the reason...
- 11:33 Feature #1677 (Backlog): Core: roughness: Independent roughness cross-correlation for disjoint se...
- To support Henrich, it is required to simulate resonator on top of the lipid bilayer system. Both, resonator and set ...
24 Nov 2016
- 18:02 Feature #1562: Provide ISample with possibility to export parameter tree in Python dictionary
- * std output generated by IParameterized::printParameters doesn't appear in ipython notebook
* all std::cout usage i...
- 18:00 Feature #1562 (Sprint): Provide ISample with possibility to export parameter tree in Python dicti...
- 17:57 Feature #1675 (Rejected): Get rid of ctypes.addressof in PySampleBuilder
As Jonathan suggested, we can get rid from ctype's dependency in Python by replacing it with its numpy alternative....
- 17:47 Refactoring #1623 (Sprint): Parameter name translation (GUI -> domain)
- 17:46 Feature #1624 (Sprint): Make all reasonable parameter values into fittable parameter
- 17:36 Refactoring #1673 (Sprint): Design proposal for all subtasks under #1645
- well, let's see whether and when we write up how the API will change ...
- 11:40 Refactoring #1673 (Resolved): Design proposal for all subtasks under #1645
- 17:33 Feature #1631 (Rejected): No impact of abundance optional argument in ParticleLayout addParticle ...
- Seems we agreed with Artur that it is a feature, not bug. Rejecting
- 17:32 Feature #1667 (Sprint): Read DESY/dpdak tiff files to BornAgain GUI
- 10:06 Feature #1667 (Resolved): Read DESY/dpdak tiff files to BornAgain GUI
- Some DESY tiff files are not loaded correctly in BornAgain GUI. File is loaded, but instead of the GISAXS pattern, us...
- 17:32 Refactoring #1604 (Sprint): move expected inaccuracy (m_variability) out of class OutputData
- 17:31 Feature #1617 (Sprint): Implement rotation of 2D OutputData on 90 deg
- 14:35 Bug #1658 (Sprint): add qt5-svg as a dependency
- 14:34 Bug #1674 (Resolved): Possible bug introduced in Polygon in Python context
Earlier version of Polygon had copying of input arrays instead of const reference.
This was because of crash if on...
- 14:21 Bug #1641 (Sprint): histogram2d test fails under certain configurations
- From the discussion with Jonathan and my wage remembering, it will be enough to use...
- 14:09 Testing #1609: Clarify relation between PyPersistence tests and tutorial examples
- May I also add that this refactoring could also be used to get rid of massive extra data in our repository and tarbal...
- 14:04 Testing #1609: Clarify relation between PyPersistence tests and tutorial examples
- Then I will summarize my proposal here.
* Move persistence check from "make check" to "make stresscheck"
- 11:31 Feature #1670 (Rfc): Provide interface for adding particle shapes in different layers that are to...
- 11:31 Feature #1670: Provide interface for adding particle shapes in different layers that are to be tr...
- Add one particle to several layers? Or add particles at Sample=Multilayer level, and let the internal machinery figur...
- 11:28 Feature #1670 (Resolved): Provide interface for adding particle shapes in different layers that a...
- 11:30 Feature #1672 (Resolved): Implement subdivision of a layer into multiple layers for graded interf...
- 11:29 Feature #1671 (Resolved): Provide automatic splitting of particle shapes when they cross a layer ...
- 11:27 Feature #1669 (Resolved): Allow for multiple form factors (dwba or not) in FromFactorWrapper and ...
- Since the dwba form factors contain the respective layer Fresnel coefficients, this would allow for a coherent treatm...
- 10:24 Bug #1664 (Resolved): FitSuite.runFit() crashes with unclear error message
- 09:57 Feature #1666 (Backlog): PythonAPI: Constructor of Histogram2D should accept also numpy arrays wi...
- For the moment, constructor ...
23 Nov 2016
- 15:00 Configuration #1665 (Rejected): Take swig-generated Python wrappers out of git repository
- Little API changes cause huge changes of the swig-generated wrappers.
This bloats the git file system, and in partic...
- 11:02 Bug #1664 (Resolved): FitSuite.runFit() crashes with unclear error message
- When no fit parameters are added, runFit() crashes. On Windows, it does this without printing a clear message indicat...
22 Nov 2016
- 17:58 Refactoring #1650 (Resolved): Designation "ROOT" (or "Root" or "BA_ROOT") should not be used for ...
- Gennady's comments used to extend class header comments in b0e128d0c.
- 14:36 Refactoring #1650: Designation "ROOT" (or "Root" or "BA_ROOT") should not be used for code other ...
> Why are other minimizers wrapped by code in a directory "RootAdapter", and enclosed in a namespace "BA_ROOT"?
- 15:53 Bug #1662 (Resolved): CMake: require Qt version 5.4
Triggered by Qt 5.3.1 which is the system one on Ubuntu 14.04.4 and doesn't compile on BornAgain because of QMargin...
- 15:48 Refactoring #1660 (Sprint): remove global functions
- 10:59 Refactoring #1660: remove global functions
- Moving global functions to scope-limited functions is a good refactoring. Moving them to class methods increases the ...
- 10:33 Refactoring #1660 (Resolved): remove global functions
- Now listed under Doxygen tab "Globals".
Some global functions are actually used in one file only => enclose them in ...
- 15:16 Bug #1661 (Resolved): FitSuite doesn't know about TestMinimizer
During last minimizer refactoring I've lost TestMinimizer, which is the favorite of Dominique.
Following lines a...
- 10:01 Refactoring #1659 (Resolved): rename PixelMap -> Pixel
- It's not only about the mapping [0,1]x[0,1] -> K.
It also contains a function solidAngle(), which is a global proper...
- 09:59 Refactoring #1651 (Resolved): remove last occurences of "using namespace BornAgain"
- resolved in 2d3c4
- 09:31 Bug #1658 (Resolved): add qt5-svg as a dependency
- The qt5 svg libraries are a runtime dependency of BornAgain GUI, but not a compile-time dependency. On Arch linux for...
21 Nov 2016
- 11:01 Refactoring #1652 (Resolved): Sort namespaces, and provide Doxygen comments
- 11:01 Refactoring #1652: Sort namespaces, and provide Doxygen comments
- Resolved in 6979a3c35e
20 Nov 2016
- 14:50 Documentation #1654 (Resolved): Update "Working with Python scripts" to new style "import bornaga...
- http://bornagainproject.org/documentation/usage/scripting/basic_simulation_tutorial and the other pages under http://...
- 13:55 Feature #1653 (Resolved): Outcome of BornAgain user meetings in November
Given issue contains a collection of user requests, observations discovered during Hamburg/Munich BornAgain tutoria...
- 10:43 Refactoring #1652 (Sprint): Sort namespaces, and provide Doxygen comments
- * No need for namespace "Geometry"
* Namespace "Materials" contains only one function, which should be converted int...
- 10:41 Refactoring #1652 (Resolved): Sort namespaces, and provide Doxygen comments
- 10:40 Refactoring #1651 (Resolved): remove last occurences of "using namespace BornAgain"
- Use of "using namespace" should be restricted to cases where a namespace is heavily used in a specific source file. T...
- 10:20 Configuration #1175: Installer: Linux: Provide official debian package
- For acceptance in Debian, the source tree must be patched by deleting the third-party code, which instead will be pro...
- 10:14 Configuration #1615: Code organisation: in each third-party source directory, provide information...
- ROOT code is patched by substituting the namespace name "BA_ROOT" for "ROOT".
Are there other patches in the ThirdPa...
- 10:11 Refactoring #1650 (Resolved): Designation "ROOT" (or "Root" or "BA_ROOT") should not be used for ...
- To avoid confusion, ROOT should stand for CERN ROOT, and nothing else.
Why are other minimizers wrapped by code in a...
19 Nov 2016
- 19:41 Bug #1641: histogram2d test fails under certain configurations
- On a fresh Arch installation I re-encountered this problem with gcc+Python3 so it may not be limited to clang.
- 17:28 Refactoring #1649 (Resolved): Ensure consistent use of ambientMaterial
- Is ambientMaterial==nullptr allowed?
If no, prevent it from ever occuring.
If yes, make sure we don't call *ambient...
17 Nov 2016
- 19:59 Bug #1646 (Rejected): Reversed order numpy array
- Since version 1.6 (I think) the returned array from the simulation result using .getArray() is reversed in the first ...
16 Nov 2016
- 18:51 Feature #720 (Rejected): Provide OpenMPI support in FitSuite
- Since our model evaluation is parallelized, there is no case for parallelizing the enveloping fit routine.
- 18:45 Documentation #1638 (Backlog): Manual: Improve / restore side bar navigation
- Actually, the side bar navigation is there in the online manual.
Nice to have: by default, expand to section level...
- 18:42 Feature #1004: GUI: revise tooltips in all GUI elements
- Nice to have, even important, but not high priority
- 18:27 Refactoring #1582 (Sprint): Correct model for dense particles on surface
- 18:18 Feature #1645 (Rejected): == Graded layer and cross-layer particles ==
- Urgently requested by E13, and promised to them.
- 18:09 Feature #300 (Long Term Idea): Investigate alternatives to Monte-Carlo computation of non-analyti...
- 18:04 Documentation #1451 (Rejected): update to Drupal 8
- Not clear whether Drupal 8 is mature enough and worth the move.
Anyway, this upgrade is not an aim in itself, but ...
- 18:01 Envelope task #1606 (Archived): === Manual and Examples ===
- merged with #966 Theory & Manual
- 17:40 Documentation #1644 (Rejected): "User Login" block on homepage should explain _why_ to create acc...
- ... namely, to be able to post to the forum and to subscribe to our newletter (low traffic).
Question: what sounds...
- 17:29 Support #852 (Rejected): Make GUI available at JCNS servers
- I added one step to our release procedures: submit installation request to the IT issue tracker. This is all we shoul...
- 15:19 Documentation #976 (In Progress): Derive scalar and polarized wave equation for both X-rays and n...
- 15:18 Feature #163 (Sprint): implement IsGISAXS Example 14 (graded layer)
- Urgently needed by E13. I promised them we will deliver soon.
- 12:33 Testing #1609: Clarify relation between PyPersistence tests and tutorial examples
- I'll try to work out a solution along Gennady's proposal of writing test wrappers around old-style tutorial examples.
- 12:27 Documentation #1628 (Resolved): Can't clone git repositiory
- Web docs now clearly refer to the new repository location. Hopefully this solves the issue.
- 10:54 Bug #1641: histogram2d test fails under certain configurations
- I have just tested clang+Python2 on Yakkety and there seems to be no problem. So the issue is restricted clang+Python3.
- 10:32 Bug #1641 (Resolved): histogram2d test fails under certain configurations
- The test histogram2d.py fails under certain configurations (see buildbot). On my Arch setup it fails for clang+Python...
15 Nov 2016
- 12:19 Configuration #1640 (Rejected): Doxygen generation on apps server not compatible anymore with lin...
- Doxygen now generates all html in ./html/std, while all the links on our website refer to ./html
14 Nov 2016
- 18:04 Bug #1639 (Sprint): GUI: crash if fitting parameter removed
- Removal of parameter link from fit parameter, while keeping fit parameter alive for following re-use, is intended beh...
- 17:56 Bug #1639 (Resolved): GUI: crash if fitting parameter removed
- To reproduce:
create a project, load the experimental data. Add fit parameter, then remove it (see screenshot). Run ...
- 16:57 Documentation #1638 (Rejected): Manual: Improve / restore side bar navigation
- Side bar in HTML version does not show contents below Part level. Side bar navigation in PDF reader is also broken (r...
- 16:56 Bug #1637 (Rejected): GUI: just loaded fitting project appears as already changed
Just loaded project appears as changed - i.e. project name is "*Untitled" instead of "Untitled". Attempt to quit fr...
- 16:52 Bug #1634 (Resolved): MacOS dmg 1.7 installation is partly broken
- 13:40 Bug #1636 (Rejected): Unexpected wavelength depent intensity Roughness vs. ParticleLayout
- When implementing a DWBA model I would expect the intensities of the structure factors to mostly depend (in first ord...
12 Nov 2016
11 Nov 2016
- 17:54 Refactoring #1468 (Rfc): Code organization: Migrate to stdexcept
- So first we need to discuss what kind of logging we want.
- 16:54 Documentation #1141: Manual: describe multi layers
- Basic reference comes with manual 1.7-1.
- 16:45 Refactoring #1548 (Rejected): choose name for fit library
- not worth a separate ticket
- 16:21 Bug #1634 (Resolved): MacOS dmg 1.7 installation is partly broken
GUI is working, but python example not. Some @rpath problem while loading _libBornAgainCore.so
- 14:48 Bug #1630 (Archived): Monte Carlo and multithreading options are not propagated to GUI fitting
- 14:48 Bug #1583 (Archived): PyPersist tests fail if build directory path contains a '.'
- 14:48 Documentation #1589 (Archived): Clone drupal website
- 14:48 Configuration #1595 (Archived): Fix Windows builds
- 14:48 Refactoring #1605 (Archived): Revise public API of fitting classes
- 14:48 Feature #1620 (Archived): Extend numpy support
- 14:48 Bug #1621 (Archived): Broken parameter name translation for certain names in GUI fitting job
- 14:48 Feature #1513 (Archived): Provide more informational throw message from RealParameterWrapper.
- 14:48 Refactoring #1565 (Archived): to associate units with parameters, use string instead of inheritance
- 14:48 Bug #1558 (Archived): Memory leakges in Python on Simulation::getIntensityData call
- 14:48 Bug #1576 (Archived): bornagain/__init__.py must not require matplotlib
- 14:48 Configuration #1577 (Archived): Qt qcreator navigation/recognition is broken for all unit tests
- 14:48 Bug #1511 (Archived): Roughness simulations give incorrect scattering contribution below the samp...
- 14:48 Bug #1512 (Archived): GUI crashes when simulating for a lognormal distribution of wavelength with...
- 14:48 Refactoring #1524 (Archived): "FitSuite" currently used in two different meanings
- 14:48 Refactoring #1526 (Archived): replace "FunctionalTest" by more specific terms in several test mac...
- 14:48 Refactoring #1428 (Archived): Compactify code that handles parameters (use abstract mechanism ins...
- 14:48 Bug #1498 (Archived): Fitting in GUI: values for all fitting parameters are reported as the same
- 14:48 Refactoring #1546 (Archived): disambiguate getRadius()
- 14:48 Refactoring #1593 (Archived): Remove soft particle constructors that have a volume argument inste...
- 14:48 Documentation #991 (Archived): Revise and reintegrate chapter on particle distributions
- 14:22 Documentation #991 (Resolved): Revise and reintegrate chapter on particle distributions
- 14:48 Refactoring #1477 (Archived): Provide more detailed info on Exception thrown from Polyhedron base...
- 14:48 Bug #1499 (Archived): GUI Segmentation fault if layer is too thick
- 14:48 Feature #1573 (Archived): facilitate plotting from Python scripts exported by PyCore tests.
- 14:48 Refactoring #1594 (Archived): Review and possibly refactor IFormFactor class hierarchy
- 14:48 Documentation #1351 (Archived): Drupal: update installation instructions, tutorials for coming re...
- 14:48 Documentation #1351 (Resolved): Drupal: update installation instructions, tutorials for coming re...
- 14:48 Feature #1120 (Archived): Calculate the specular peak intensity: |R|^2 at the specular pixel
- 14:48 Refactoring #1440 (Archived): cover Python examples by functional tests
- 14:48 Feature #1560 (Archived): Provide simulation running from Python with text version of progress bar
- 14:48 Feature #1563 (Archived): Investigate time-of-life of SampleBuilder in Python context
- 14:48 Bug #1571 (Archived): PyCoreTest overlooks complete obstruction of simulation
- 14:48 Feature #1564 (Archived): split "Pi.h" from Units.h
- 14:48 Refactoring #1419 (Archived): move test code out of core
- 14:48 Refactoring #1514 (Archived): Remove code duplication in Distributions.h and .cpp
- 14:48 Refactoring #1527 (Archived): simplify containsMagneticMaterial, printSampleTree, genPyScript
- 14:48 Refactoring #1550 (Archived): in .h file header comments, replace »Declares« by »Defines«
- 14:48 Refactoring #1556 (Archived): FormFactorInfo: remove unused m_pos_x, m_pos_y
- 14:48 Refactoring #1487 (Archived): GUI: introduce ROI (region of interest) in MaskEditor
- 14:48 Refactoring #1488 (Archived): GUI: provide integration of ImportDataView and InstrumentView
- 14:48 Bug #1520 (Archived): GUI: global progress bar seems to be not updating
- 14:48 Bug #1603 (Archived): GUI: Cancel job is not working anymore after the refactoring of ProgressHan...
- 14:48 Configuration #1447 (Archived): Migrate to GitHub
- 14:48 Feature #1475 (Archived): DOI for BornAgain
- 14:48 Bug #1600 (Archived): PyPersistenceTest throws an exception from regex
- 14:48 Documentation #1412 (Archived): avoid horizontal scrolling in code examples
- 14:48 Configuration #1501 (Archived): version tag must start with 'v' (change release script or instruc...
- 14:48 Bug #1516 (Archived): Consider include of ms-win-runtime library into Windows installer
- 14:48 Documentation #1517 (Archived): Add the case with missed msvc2015 runtime library on Windows syst...
- 14:48 Configuration #1255 (Archived): MacOS: provide vagrant build configurations for Mavericks
- 14:48 Configuration #1344 (Archived): MacOS: install buildslave to macmini
- 14:48 Refactoring #1542 (Archived): Make ParameterPool and RealParameter independent of IParameterized
- 14:48 Feature #1543 (Archived): decouple FitKernel from FitSuite
- 14:48 Refactoring #1588 (Archived): FitSuiteParameters inhibits Python iterator
- 14:48 Refactoring #1466 (Archived): Refactor core Minimizer family to match the GUI presentation
- 14:42 Bug #1633 (Resolved): Possible memory leakage in LayerStrategyBuilder.
Is reported by both, MacOS/Instruments and Linux/valgrind, and it is around LayerStrategyBuilder::collectFormFactor...
- 14:23 Refactoring #1432 (Backlog): final polish of polyhedral form factor
- 14:22 Documentation #157 (Resolved): full documentation of implemented theory for para- and mesocrystals
- 14:22 Documentation #157 (Sprint): full documentation of implemented theory for para- and mesocrystals
- 14:20 Documentation #1414 (Backlog): regenerate form factor images in manual
- 13:28 Bug #1629: GISASSimulatin setAnalyzerProperties total_transmission default parameter generates Ex...
- The type of analyzed neutrons (+ or - with respect to the given vector) changes according to the sign of P.
- 12:51 Bug #1629: GISASSimulatin setAnalyzerProperties total_transmission default parameter generates Ex...
- Different Solution:
Why not use the physically more suitable definition of a transmission of the analyzed neutrons? ...
- 12:23 Bug #1629: GISASSimulatin setAnalyzerProperties total_transmission default parameter generates Ex...
- I agree that default values should not throw exceptions. The problem here is that efficiency and total transmission a...
- 11:53 Bug #1629: GISASSimulatin setAnalyzerProperties total_transmission default parameter generates Ex...
- I think if you keep a default value, that should never through an exception. My feeling is, that in typical experimen...
- 11:41 Bug #1629 (Backlog): GISASSimulatin setAnalyzerProperties total_transmission default parameter ge...
- Its not entirely clear to me what should be the desired behavior here. Analyzer efficiency and total transmission are...
- 12:22 Bug #1632 (Resolved): GUI: delete button doesn't work on MacBook for masks on ImportDataView
- 11:13 Feature #1631 (Backlog): No impact of abundance optional argument in ParticleLayout addParticle m...
- The abundance parameter passed in the addParticle method denotes a relative abundance. The relative abundances of the...
- 10:32 Feature #1631 (Rejected): No impact of abundance optional argument in ParticleLayout addParticle ...
- The class ParticleLayout has the addParticle method, which takes the particle abundance as optional second parameter....
- 08:50 Configuration #1500 (Backlog): MacOS: provide vagrant test box for El Capitan
- 08:49 Documentation #1014 (Backlog): Parameterization: document simulation with distributed parameters
09 Nov 2016
- 19:21 Documentation #976: Derive scalar and polarized wave equation for both X-rays and neutrons, and c...
- Commit e73cef8 adds a manual section on X-ray propagation.
Still to do:
* derive polarization factors for X-rays
- 15:07 Refactoring #1625 (Rejected): merge classes ILayout and ParticleLayout
- OK, thanks. I'll improve the class comment, and add a "to consider" note about the possible refactoring.
08 Nov 2016
- 17:44 Feature #1620 (Resolved): Extend numpy support
- 10:23 Feature #1620 (Sprint): Extend numpy support
- Will quickly implement it, to simplify my tutorial's explanations.
- 13:16 Bug #1630 (Resolved): Monte Carlo and multithreading options are not propagated to GUI fitting
- 12:02 Bug #1630 (Archived): Monte Carlo and multithreading options are not propagated to GUI fitting
- 09:51 Documentation #1628: Can't clone git repositiory
- We have migrated to GitHub and will make an announcement in the next days,
meanwhile, please use
- 08:49 Documentation #1628 (Resolved): Can't clone git repositiory
- When trying the command from the Download documentation it is not possible to clone the git repository:
$ git clon...
- 09:06 Bug #1629 (Rejected): GISASSimulatin setAnalyzerProperties total_transmission default parameter g...
- When simulating polarizatio analysis experiments the setAnalyzerProperties method with parameters (kvector_t, 1.0, to...
- 08:47 Bug #1627 (Rejected): python API kvector_t missing basic operator
- The python class interface to kvector_t is missing the basic subtract (__sub__) and divide (__div__) methods necessar...
07 Nov 2016
- 16:18 Bug #1626 (Rejected): Specular calculation gives weird results below critical angle in presence o...
- See support script for Frielinghaus (intern)
- 15:18 Feature #1620: Extend numpy support
- See also sc-intern/technologies/python-bindings/swig/numpy for an example of automatic conversion numpy arras -> pyth...
- 14:08 Feature #1620: Extend numpy support
- See https://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/reference/swig.interface-file.html for numpy support in swig
- 11:34 Bug #1621 (Resolved): Broken parameter name translation for certain names in GUI fitting job
- 11:08 Refactoring #1625: merge classes ILayout and ParticleLayout
- No need to merge. First of all, ILayout should define the interface for adding 'stuff' to layers or multilayers (open...
Also available in: Atom