From 14 May 2019 to 12 Jun 2019
12 Jun 2019
- 11:59 Refactoring #2376: Fit: Look for an alternative to root minimizers
- In this page (https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/links/libs) there's a gazillion of c++ libraries, not all of which ar...
05 Jun 2019
- 13:14 Refactoring #2376 (Long Term Idea): Fit: Look for an alternative to root minimizers
- Root library covers lots of very different minimizers under one umbrella.
However it lacks some modern minimizers (e...
04 Jun 2019
- 18:41 Bug #2375 (Rejected): fit along slices example fails to converge
- Setting another minimizer (e.g. Genetic) helps.
03 Jun 2019
- 11:57 Feature #2374 (Resolved): Clean Functionality to Import Typical Reflectometry ASCII Formats
- Typically, reflectometry data comes in 2- to 4-column ASCII files:
Column 1: Q vector,
Column 2: R signal,
- 11:48 Feature #2285 (Resolved): Name layers in GUI by their material name
- 11:48 Feature #2285 (Sprint): Name layers in GUI by their material name
- 11:47 Feature #2365 (Resolved): GUI: rename "Import" button to "Data"
29 May 2019
- 16:20 Feature #2373 (Resolved): Remove choice between decoupling approximation and SSCA in GUI layouts
- This choice should be implicit in using a radial paracrystal with strictly positive coupling constant
28 May 2019
- 18:30 Feature #2372 (Sprint): Core: import 2D SANS data
- I put a typical reduced data file in attachment here. Please check if other instruments or data reduction procedures ...
- 18:25 Feature #2372 (Backlog): Core: import 2D SANS data
- There is the need to read a new kind of data file containing 2d SANS data.
The precise format of such a data file i...
- 17:44 Feature #2355 (Backlog): nomenclature: "rectangular" -> "flat detector"
- An effort to address this issue is available here: https://github.com/juanmcloaiza/BornAgain/tree/NewNamingConvention...
- 16:00 Bug #2370 (Resolved): Crash on reflectometry simulation for nonsensible values of theta
27 May 2019
- 16:06 Bug #2370 (Sprint): Crash on reflectometry simulation for nonsensible values of theta
- -The fix was done following a logic already present inside BornAgain: Let users write any value inside the Instrument...
23 May 2019
21 May 2019
- 00:10 Bug #2371 (Rejected): Ctrl+S doesn't work for saving project on win
- File menu entry works as before. It is also still possible to save the project on exit.
20 May 2019
- 18:13 Bug #2370 (Resolved): Crash on reflectometry simulation for nonsensible values of theta
- To reproduce:
1. Instrument view: Choose the Specular Instrument; In the Beam Parameters section --> Inclination A...
- 11:37 Refactoring #2369: rename ThirdParty/Fit/RootMinimizers
- I will take this issue later, may be during the next sprint, meanwhile removing my name. Please give some suggestions...
- 10:08 Feature #2359 (New): Plot x-axis units in Angstroms for Reflectometry
- 10:08 Feature #2358 (New): Save/read reflectometry data/simulation in consistent units
- 09:47 Feature #2311 (Resolved): Provide possibility to load 2D ASCII data for files with .dat extention
- 09:47 Feature #2311 (Sprint): Provide possibility to load 2D ASCII data for files with .dat extention
19 May 2019
- 18:51 Refactoring #2369 (Rejected): rename ThirdParty/Fit/RootMinimizers
- As far as I see, this directory contains minimizer code from Minuit2 and GSL. Minuit2 is part of the ROOT distributio...
17 May 2019
- 15:26 Feature #2368 (Backlog): GUI: Simulation tab: decouple setup editor from action buttons
- The "Simulation" tab currently combines property editors "Data selection", "Simulation Parameters" with action button...
- 14:55 Feature #2367 (Backlog): GUI: Sample builder: "Layers" section incorrectly suggests choice betwee...
- In the GUI sample view, the "Layers" section suggest that "MultiLayer" and "Layer" are the same hierarchical level. T...
- 14:38 Feature #2366 (Backlog): GUI: move Import1D/2D buttons to "File" menu
- Currently, the Import1D/2D buttons reside in the "Data" view (per #2365).
Their functionality, however, does not dep...
- 14:34 Feature #2365 (Resolved): GUI: rename "Import" button to "Data"
- Also change the tooltip.
This button gives access to the "Import 2D" and "Import 1D"
buttons, but also to the imp...
- 14:06 Bug #2348: Example: In python examples, enforce color coding of our choice
- After several discussions, current decision is to do three things:
* Generalize the Python plotting API by passing...
- 14:00 Bug #2364 (Backlog): GUI: feedback on running background job is out of field of vision
- When the GUI response to a user action is delayed,
typically because it requires a long computation,
then the user ...
- 13:52 Bug #2363 (Backlog): Units: GUI overrides user choice - specifically, the detector coordinate unit
- Shortly after I choose detector coordinates in degrees,
the GUI overrode my choice and fell back to millimeters.
- 13:45 Bug #2362 (Rejected): GUI: can neither quit, nor cancel an endless job
- Somehow, I spawned an endless job.
According to top and osview, BornAgain running full power on all my processors....
- 12:31 Refactoring #2361 (Resolved): Use **kwargs in python plotting routines
- refactor plotting to accept and pass **kwargs
15 May 2019
- 18:06 Feature #2294 (Resolved): 3DView: provide button to save image
- 12:28 Feature #2360: 3DView: Provide button to save video
- I have changed priority to low. We can think of many niceties, but some are much more important than the others.
14 May 2019
- 17:19 Feature #2360 (Long Term Idea): 3DView: Provide button to save video
- Follow up of the extra request from Feature 2294, "3DView: Provide button to save image" (http://apps.jcns.fz-juelich...
- 12:08 Feature #2359 (Rejected): Plot x-axis units in Angstroms for Reflectometry
- BornAgain uses nm as default units. The reflectometry community uses Angstroms and their data-files are written in an...
- 12:04 Feature #2358 (Resolved): Save/read reflectometry data/simulation in consistent units
- Currently, the reading/writing of data is inconsistent. Each time data is read-written-read, a factor of 10 or 0.1 is...
- 12:01 Feature #2357 (Sprint): Units: reflectometry units should be angstroms.
- 11:57 Feature #2357 (Backlog): Units: reflectometry units should be angstroms.
- BornAgain uses nm as default units. The reflectometry community uses Angstroms.
In reflectometry, we should by def...
- 11:45 Feature #2352 (Rejected): Provide means to save real-space view as image (or animation?)
- Duplicates #2294, so rejecting. Request for nice-to-have animation added there.
- 11:44 Feature #2294: 3DView: provide button to save image
- Additional request:
Nice to have: create a little animation that shows the sample from rotating perspective.
- 11:02 Bug #2354 (Sprint): Core math: Nontrivial scattering pattern at zero contrast
- Problem is reproducible on my computer.
Also available in: Atom