« Previous -
Next » -
wuttke, 17 Sep 2019 14:00
Publications citing BornAgain¶
Research papers that make substantial use of BornAgain¶
- Pflüger M et al. (2019): Distortion analysis of crystalline and locally quasicrystalline 2D photonic structures with grazing-incidence small-angle X-ray scattering. J Appl Cryst 52(2).
- Adlmann FA et al. (2018): Depth resolved grazing incidence neutron scattering experiments from semi-infinite interfaces: a statistical analysis of the scattering contributions. J Phys Condensed Matt 30(16), 165901 - In order to proof the principles of their method, GISANS simulations with BornAgain were performed: three layers with an hexagonal intermediate structure of 15 nm spheres between two homogeneous layers with the same optical properties; Figure 7 was done with BornAgain.
- Beale A et al. (2018): CO oxidation over supported gold nanoparticles as revealed by operando grazing incidence X-ray scattering analysis. Farady Discussions. - Fitting was performed using BornAgain (v1.9) using bimodal spheres submerged into a SiO2/Si substrate; Dr Gennady Pospelov is acknowledged for help in using BornAgain.
- Berezkin AV et al. (2018): In situ tracking of composition and morphology of a diblock copolymer film with GISAXS during exchange of solvent vapors at elevated temperatures. Adv Funct Mater 2018, 1706226 - The authors use BornAgain to calculate the 2D GISAXS map corresponding to a thin film with unoriented cylinders in a matrix; Acknowledgments to W. Van Herck and G. Pospelov for fruitful discussions.
- Fontaine Ph et al. (2018): Evidence of lying molecules in the structure of the most condensed phase of semi-fluorinated alkane monolayers. Nanoscale 10, 2310 - Bornagain is used to perform GISAXS signal simulations of nano-structured monolayers on the surface of water: at an air–water interface, domains of various shapes are distributed on a large parameter hexagonal lattice.
- Glavic A et al. (2018): Spin Solid versus Magnetic Charge Ordered State in Artificial Honeycomb Lattice of Connected Elements. Adv Sci, 5(4), 1700856. - The DWBA was used as implemented in BornAgain to model the GISAXS, GISANS, and off‐specular scattering intensity using the same model with different instrument and material parameters.
- Kyrey T et al. (2018): Grazing incidence SANS and reflectometry combined with simulation of adsorbed microgel particles. Physica B 551, 172-178. - Bornagain is used for simulation of GISANS patterns of microgel particles, measured at KWS-2; M. Ganeva is one of the authors.
- Xie C et al. (2018): Overcoming efficiency and stability limits in water-processing nanoparticular organic photovoltaics by minimizing microstructure defects. Nat commun 9(1), 5335. - BornAgain was used to depict 2D patterns in Qy – Qz coordinate system.
- Frielinghaus H et al. (2017): New tools for grazing incidence neutron scattering experiments open perspectives to study nano-scale tribology mechanisms. Nucl Inst Meth A 871, 72
- Highland MJ et al. (2017): In-situ synchrotron x-ray studies of the microstructure and stability of In2O3 epitaxial films. Appl Phys Lett 111, 161602
- Kowarik S (2017): Thin film growth studies using time-resolved x-ray scattering. J Phys Condensed Matt 29, 043003 - IsGIsaxs and BornAgain used to confirm validity of simple analysis
- Nylander T et al. (2017): Relationship between Structure and Fluctuations of Lipid Nonlamellar Phases Deposited at the Solid–Liquid Interface. J Phys Chem B 121, 2705
- Singh A et al. (2017): Structure and morphology of magnetron sputter deposited ultrathin ZnO films on confined polymeric template. Appl Surf Sci 414, 114
- Ukleev V et al. (2017): Self-assembly of a binary mixture of iron oxide nanoparticles in Langmuir film: X-ray scattering study. Mater Chem Phys 202, 31
- Zykov A et al. (2017): Diffusion and nucleation in multilayer growth of PTCDI-C8 studied with in situ X-ray growth oscillations and real-time small angle X-ray scattering. J Chem Phys 146, 052803 - Results from Pithan's thesis. Use BornAgain to identify the main cause of peak spacing, then proceed with a simple direct analysis.
- Gutfreund P, Maccarini M, Dennison AJC & Wolff M (2016): The Search for Nanobubbles by Using Specular and Off-Specular Neutron Reflectometry. Langmuir 32, 9091-9096 - BornAgain simulations in the supplemental information
- Haddad K et al. (2016): Growth of single crystal, oriented SnO2 nanocolumn arrays by aerosol chemical vapour deposition. Cryst Eng Comm 18, 7544 - BornAgain simulation shown in Fig 5, quite modest accord with experimental image.
- Li-Destri G et al. (2016): Filling nanoporous polymer thin films: an easy route toward the full control of the 3D nanostructure.: RSC Adv 6, 9175 - BornAgain simulations shown in main text, though the name of the software is only mentioned in the supporting information
- Ukleev V et al. (2016): X-ray scattering characterization of iron oxide nanoparticles Langmuir film on water surface and on a solid substrate. Thin Solid Films 616, 43 - BornAgain used to discriminate between para- and polycrystal; no simulation shown
- Merkel DG et al. (2015): Evolution of magnetism on a curved nano-surface. Nanoscale 7, 12878 - BornAgain simulation shown in Fig 5
Research papers that mention BornAgain in passing¶
- Basioli L et al. (2019): Application of GISAXS in the Investigation of Three-Dimensional Lattices of Nanostructures. Crystals 9, 479 - 3D lattice of nanostructures.
- Stellhorn A et al. (2019): Control of the stripe domain pattern in L10-ordered FePd thin films. J Magn Magn Mater 476 - Simulation of the Qy-Qz map of a GISANS measurement using the Distorted Wave Born Approximation.
- Revenant C (2018): Anomalous grazing-incidence small-angle X-ray scattering of Ga2O3-based nanoparticles. J Appl Cryst, 51(2), 436-445. - Bornagain is mentioned in the introduction: "GISAXS software like [...] BornAgain may be used to obtain the morphological parameters."
- Babcock E et al. (2017): Discussion on data correction for Polarization Analysis with a 3 He spin filter analyzer. J Phys Conf Ser 862, 012001
- Belushkin AV and Manoshin SA (2017): Some peculiarities for grazing incidence neutron diffraction from 3D near-surface nanostructures. Physica E 89, 93
- Nouhi S et al. (2017): Grazing-incidence small-angle neutron scattering from structures below an interface. J Appl Cryst 50, 1066
- Posselt D et al. (2017): Restructuring in block copolymer thin films: In situ GISAXS investigations during solvent vapor annealing. Progr Polym Sci 66, 80
- Soltwisch V et al. (2017): Reconstructing detailed line profiles of lamellar gratings from GISAXS patterns with a Maxwell solver. J Appl Cryst 50, 1524
- Abraham JW et al. (2016): Molecular dynamics simulation of gold cluster growth during sputter deposition. J. Appl. Phys. 119, 185301 - possibly, one could achieve better fits with more realistic cluster shapes, as supported by BornAgain
- Babcock E et al. (2016): SEOP polarized 3He Neutron Spin Filters for the JCNS user program. J Phys Conf Ser 711, 012008 - work to model the data with BornAgain is underway
Method papers and reviews that mention BornAgain¶
- Belushkin AV & Manoshin SA (2017): Some peculiarities for grazing incidence neutron diffraction from 3D near-surface nanostructures. Physica E 89, 93
- Güldal NS et al. (2017): In situ characterization methods for evaluating microstructure formation and drying kinetics of solution-processed organic bulk-heterojunction films. J Mater Res 32, 1865
- Newbloom GM et al. (2017): Characterization of Polymer Semiconductors by Neutron Scattering Techniques. RCS Polymer Chem Ser 21, 165
- Santoro G & Yu S (2017): Grazing Incidence Small Angle X-Ray Scattering as a Tool for In-Situ Time-Resolved Studies. Chapter 2 in Ares EA ed.: X-ray scattering
- Adlmann FP et al. (2016): Överlåtaren: a fast way to transfer and orthogonalize two-dimensional off-specular reflectivity data. J Appl Cryst 49, 2091
- Hexemer A & Müller-Buschbaum P (2016): Advanced grazing-incidence techniques for modern soft-matter materials analysis. IUCrJ 2, 106
- Li T, Senesi AJ, Lee B (2016): Small Angle X-ray Scattering for Nanoparticle Research. Chem Rev 116, 11128
- Venkatakrishnan SV et al. (2016): A multi-slice simulation algorithm for grazing-incidence small-angle X-ray scattering. J Appl Cryst 49, 1876
- Jiang Z (2015): GIXSGUI: a MATLAB toolbox for grazing-incidence X-ray scattering data visualization and reduction, and indexing of buried three-dimensional periodic nanostructured films. J Appl Cryst 48, 917
- Chourou ST et al.: HipGISAXS: a high-performance computing code for simulating grazing-incidence X-ray scattering data. J Appl Cryst 46, 1781
Theses and other reports¶
- Bruun Karud E (2019): Reconstructing surface morphology using coherent X-ray diffraction combined with iterative phase retrieval algorithms. "Master's thesis, Norwegian University of Science and Technology" - only cursory reference to BornAgain.
- Linus Pithan (2017): On the Role of External Stimuli to Tailor Growth of Organic Thin Films. PhD thesis, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin. - BornAgain mentioned in passing, but only a simple approximation is used to estimate island densities.
- Mariam Veschgini (2016): Viscoelasticity and Structure of Soft Biological Interfaces: from Artificial Models to Living Tissues. PhD thesis, Universität Heidelberg. - Does not use the software; only takes a figure from the manual and therefore cites it.
- Maryasov A, Tempeler J, Serstu M & Juschkin L (2015): EUV scattering metrology with high-brightness discharge plasma source. Poster at EUVL Symposium