Updating scgmini and boxes¶
This explains how to update Macmini server and boxes.
- ssh scg@scgmini
- Install what apple wants (for Applestore password ask Gennady)
- brew update
- brew upgrade `brew outdated`
- brew cleanup
Updating Yosemite box¶
Our current yosemite-dev box is /Users/scg/deployment/vagrant/orig_boxes/osx-yosemite-dev-4.0.box. This box is already imported into Vagrant. Our task: upgrade packages inside active box and make it a new default box.
- ssh scg@scgmini
- cd /Users/scg/deployment/vagrant/projects/yosemite-dev
- vagrant up --no-provision
- vagrant ssh
- Now you are inside the box
brew update && brew upgrade `brew outdated`
brew install eigen # (if some new dependency has appeared)
brew cleanup -n; brew cleanup
- Now you are back in macmini, Let's package new box, remove old box, add new box into vagrant (Current 10.12.2018 box version 4.0, use 5.0 for next)
vagrant package --output osx-yosemite-dev-5.0.box
mv osx-yosemite-dev-5.0.box ~/deployment/vagrant/orig_boxes/.
vagrant box remove yosemite-dev
vagrant box add yosemite-dev /Users/scg/deployment/vagrant/orig_boxes/osx-yosemite-dev-5.0.box
Changes in Python version handling since release 1.14¶
- I have deinstalled all Pythons from Homebrew and use pyenv to switch between different Python versions.
# initial installation brew install pyenv export PATH="/Users/vagrant/.pyenv:$PATH" eval "$(pyenv init -)" # Python installations env PYTHON_CONFIGURE_OPTS="--enable-shared" pyenv install 3.6.7 pyenv local 3.6.7 pip install numpy # the same for versions 2.7.15 and 3.7.1
- The rest is handled by vagrant and its deployment script build_bornagain.sh
- After I updated brew (brew update && brew upgrade `brew outdated`) in the box, our cmake was not able to find boost-python anymore
brew doctor # to see what's wrong
brew link boost-python # to repair broken link
don't forget brew-cleanup to get rid from previous packages
- Installing clang
sudo brew tap homebrew/versions sudo brew link xz sudo brew install llvm37